PDA

View Full Version : USDF adult clinic

Stacie
Mar. 12, 2010, 07:29 PM
I see that Charlotte Bredahl is the clinician for the USDF adult clinics this year
http://www.usdf.org/education/clinics/adult/dates-locations.asp

Had anyone ever audited her clinics? Are they worthwhile?

Thanks!

Boomer
Mar. 13, 2010, 08:29 PM
I'll find out next weekend. I'm auditing Saturday in Hernando, MS (Region 9).

Summer Secret
Mar. 13, 2010, 08:40 PM
Boomer,

Looking forward to your report. My friend and I are thinking about auditing the Region 1 clinic.

Summer Secret

Commander Cody
Mar. 14, 2010, 06:23 AM
I haven't seen Charlotte teach but have heard great feedback from her other clinics. I am looking forward to the Region 1 clinic in May. We have LOTS of rider applications that need to be looked at and I have heard there are a lot of auditors signed up already. And of course the Hasslers' farm is lovely and they are fantastic hosts.

And those that are coming to the Region 1 clinic bring your checkbooks! We will be having a silent auction to benefit the NAJYRC Teams and the Youth and Adult Team Competitions (donations welcomed!)

Alison

JRG
Mar. 14, 2010, 08:34 AM
I am interested in going to Region 1's clinic. And trying to convince a friend to go with me, we'll see if we can get it worked out.

2Below
Mar. 14, 2010, 09:55 AM
I'm riding in the Region 4 clinic so I look forward to your reports!

patch work farm
Mar. 14, 2010, 10:53 AM
I will auditing the Region 1 clinic, interested to hear what others say. Please let us know from those Regions that host her clinics before May. TIA

Stacie
Mar. 14, 2010, 10:59 AM
Since the reports are positive, I'll be going to region 1 as an auditor

Boomer
Mar. 22, 2010, 09:48 AM
I audited the clinic Saturday 3/20 in Mississippi.

As an auditor, I really enjoyed it. Charlotte gave a lot of interesting exercises to the riders and you could see how they helped. I took some of her suggestions and had a lesson that night with my trainer (who also rode in the clinic).

The riders I talked to were also positive about the experience. Charlotte does expect you to bring your 150% effort to the clinic, but she was not rude to anyone. But expected hard work and effort. She was very approachable during breaks and lunch. She was patient and answered any questions riders/auditors had.

If she was in MS again for a clinic, I would want to ride with her.

Stacie
Apr. 15, 2010, 07:57 PM
I'm driving from Northern Virginia(fairfax) to attend the Region 1 clinic for one day (Saturday)

Would anyone like to carpool?

TheParisienne
Apr. 17, 2010, 06:16 AM
My trainer recently audited the clinic. She was told the emphasis was on the training scale but she felt that this was not addressed the way it was advertised. She did say she enjoyed it and ws able to add some tools to her tool box. However, she also felt the auditing fee was too much. But i think that is a GMO issue not so much USDF issue.

Vibrant
Apr. 20, 2010, 12:44 PM
My trainer recently audited the clinic. She was told the emphasis was on the training scale but she felt that this was not addressed the way it was advertised. She did say she enjoyed it and ws able to add some tools to her tool box. However, she also felt the auditing fee was too much. But i think that is a GMO issue not so much USDF issue.

The auditor fee is set by and goes entirely to the USDF, not the hosting GMO.

Stacie
May. 3, 2010, 07:41 PM
I live just off 66 in fairfax county just outside the beltway. It's about 2 1/2 hours to hasslers from my place. I'm only going for one day and would be happy to have company for the drive.

JRG
May. 3, 2010, 09:30 PM
Wish I was south. I am about 2.5 hours the other way :(