PDA

View Full Version : Ride times posted for Morven Park 3/14 show

baylady7
Mar. 12, 2010, 10:10 AM
Times are up and the sun will shine!!!

http://www.equestrianeventmanagement.com/files/March_SS_Ride_Times.pdf

yventer
Mar. 12, 2010, 12:41 PM
How did you know to look there? The entry form says they'll be on the Morven website, but obviously they are not ;->

Silver~Image~Farm
Mar. 12, 2010, 02:33 PM
Looks like 2010 show season is starting like 2009 did.....If its' RAINING this must be Morven Park......:lol:.......oh well, at least it isn't 5 MORE feet of SNOW:winkgrin:.......and with all this rain, how about that GREEN GRASS!!!!!:yes:......

Stay dry (if you can:yes:) and have a good show!:cool:

SaddleFitterVA
Mar. 12, 2010, 03:47 PM
I emailed Shannon last night to ask about the ride times as I could not find them where the entry form said to look as well.

She sent me the link.

Silver~Image~Farm
Mar. 12, 2010, 05:09 PM
Have a good ride (s?) SFVA!!! You may want to pack some water wings unless you got lucky and are ridin in the indoor!!!:lol:.........

We are expected to get up to 3 INCHES of rain this weekend......on top of the newly melted 5 FEET of snow:eek:......

The heck with RIDIN.....I think I'll start on building a boat:yes:

dressappy
Mar. 12, 2010, 06:57 PM
It looks like half of us will be riding in the rain. My mare hates puddles. She's such a priss. But ah well it'll be fun sloshing around.

mybeau1999
Mar. 13, 2010, 03:42 PM
I'll be there again :)
Atleast one of my tests is in the indoor!

baylady7
Mar. 13, 2010, 04:04 PM
looks like splish splash will be the order of the day- even if nothing is falling from the clouds. Oh well- it's spring showers. The grass is going to be mighty green this spring!!! Good luck to all!

Silver~Image~Farm
Mar. 14, 2010, 03:45 PM
And how WET was it?????.......:lol:

Commander Cody
Mar. 14, 2010, 08:13 PM
Not at all in the indoor ;)

I had a nice outing for the two horses I took. It was helpful to see what progress we had managed to make over the winter and where we are lacking. Have some work to do before next weekend!

baylady7
Mar. 15, 2010, 10:25 AM
Silver- it was wet but not at all slippery. I warmed up in the Davis ring (the horse I ride does not like traffic) and rode both my tests in the outdoor (Bedford) ring with no problems at all with the footing. That said, there were little puddles in hoofprints, but no big lakes!!! And the horse I rode seems to like the slop- if he were a race horse he would be a mudder!!!

All in all I was happy with my test- was pretty sick last weekend (sinuses) so had not ridden in a bit. We stayed on course, had no incidents and got some good marks (including some 8s on halts, which we have been practicing)

Silver~Image~Farm
Mar. 15, 2010, 11:03 AM
Congrats Baylady! Sounds like a great way to start 2010!!:cool:

SaddleFitterVA
Mar. 15, 2010, 11:21 AM
It was a good first show of the year. I realized it was my first dressage show since August!:eek: I paid college tuition in August and well...had to recover from that, then the show season was over and winter was fierce.

I took my friend & the OTTB I picked up in October from Delaware Park, they did well in Training 1. Her second ever dressage show, his first non-race event. He IS a mudder. Thank goodness as they were in the outdoor. Unfortunately, he tripped and grabbed his heel, and while he was sound on it yesterday, it is ouchy today, but it is superficial, but he has serious callouses from doing this his whole life. He got third place! Go Tanq.

Then, I rode Bali, and realized that even though we've shown at Morven a few times, she'd never been in the indoor...and she thought that those flags by the judge were a fantastic excuse to play skeerd pony who likes head twirls and dramatic transitions. I have things to work on, I'm losing a lot of points in some consistency items that I need to knuckle down and fix. There is no excuse for a 5 on a halt, and a few other items that are things I can fix. The lengthenings, they are going to take longer, they will come, but there is some low-hanging fruit items that I can work on fixing to improve scores.

We were in the red spectrum, a red & a pink.

I was thoroughly chilled at the end of the day, but it was a fun day.

Silver~Image~Farm
Mar. 15, 2010, 06:51 PM
CONGRATS SFVA.....red zone is good, esp. after a long hiatus from showing!.....sounds like it was chilly and nasty outside though......

Any of you going back to MP this weekend?:cool:

SaddleFitterVA
Mar. 16, 2010, 12:47 AM
Thanks. Is there something at MP this weekend? I was going to go to a local jumper show out in Berryville, VA, but the rain caused a lacrosse tailgate I'm bringing the main course for to be moved from this past Saturday and since I'd already cooked 30 lbs of taco meat for the main course, I stuck that in my freezer and I need to feed the team tacos (seriously, 30 lbs is a LOT of taco meat!), so no jumper show for me.

My next show is in NC. Which reminds me...I need to get my hotel reserved. I'm hoping to work on my show nerves by going for an away show with multiple days...I hope it works!

Silver~Image~Farm
Mar. 16, 2010, 12:05 PM
Yup, a schooling show (VADA/NOVA)....but I think it is full because my horses' niece (a lovely Royal Prince filly) was s'posed to be showing but they got wait listed....

30 lbs of MEAT is ALOT of MEAT:eek:.....and if I tell my sdx (thats' "sofa dawg excellant") 86lb. male Dobie boy he will want to "help" you dispose of the "meatballs":yes:.....Dillon LOVES "meatballs"....

Good luck with the jumper show.......are you still having it with all this SOAKED ground?....

(Was it your pretty young horse, the bay?, that you showed last weekend?)

paintlady
Mar. 16, 2010, 01:13 PM
Any of you going back to MP this weekend?:cool:

I didn't do the MP show last weekend. I will be at the VADA/NoVA show on Sunday. It's our first show this year. Due to the harsh winter and lack of riding, I just signed-up for Intro. A and B. My tests are at 4:23 and 4:44 p.m. Heck, since I don't have to be up at the crack of dawn, I might actually braid my mare's mane. :D

There are only three of us doing Intro. at this show, so I'm guaranteed a blue, red or yellow ribbon.

If anyone from COTH is there - I'll be on the loud chestnut and white overo QH/Paint with the blue eye. We stand out like a sore thumb at shows.

baylady7
Mar. 16, 2010, 01:17 PM
Hi Paintlady

I am in the classes with you on Manzini- hoping for a steady quiet ride!!! Best of luck, ride time are up!!!

Kathy sends

paintlady
Mar. 16, 2010, 01:25 PM
Hi Paintlady

I am in the classes with you on Manzini- hoping for a steady quiet ride!!! Best of luck, ride time are up!!!

Kathy sends

Cool! I'm Laura and will be on MD Grace E. It will be hard to miss us. I don't have high expectations at this point in the year. My mare is soooo out of shape right now that it's hard for her to move out and keep balanced at the same time. Plus, she is still very hairy. :lol: Oh well...

SBF
Mar. 16, 2010, 01:55 PM
Good luck to everyone! I will not be riding (hoping to ride at the April benefit show), but I will be scribing. I hope you can read my handwriting! :)

Silver~Image~Farm
Mar. 16, 2010, 04:50 PM
Good luck all! I'll be on my gray mare who took the ENTIRE month of Feb. off due to Snowpocolypse 2010!

Unfortunatley when I wasn't feedin/muckin/plowin I was on the sofa so we are BOTH outta shape!:yes:.......

Hope we all have a good first outing! :cool:

paintlady
Mar. 22, 2010, 08:08 AM
Nice to meet you Kathy (baylady7)! Thanks for scribing SBF.

WOW - my little Paint mare Gracie was hyper this weekend. I couldn't believe she exited the ring before our test started. She's never pulled that stunt before. I doubt she was nervous being at Morven - she's shown and done a clinic there before. Normally I have to push to get her moving forward. I'm not used to having to hold her back, so it really threw me off. By some miracle we managed to score high enough to qualify for the VADA/NoVA Championship Show in Intro. yesterday. It was far from our best performance after only two weeks back in the saddle since January.

Silver~Image~Farm
Mar. 22, 2010, 11:07 AM
Congrats Paint lady! Way to go!

And yes, Thanks to SBF for scribing....you write well and that is hard to do well!;)....

It certainly was PERFECT WEATHER!!! Not like MP last April!:lol:.....

I was SHOCKED:eek: that my mare who had NEVER been in the indoor acted like she had been in there zillions of times before....who knew she would come out as a "steady eddie" for the first outing of the year, esp. after taking ALL of Feb. off!!!....

I otoh rode like I took the ENTIRE month of Feb. off!:no:.....not riding did NOT improve my abilities or skills.....but I'm very pleased with my mare (despite me she showed moments of how well SHE could "do it"...:cool:) and will work hard to improve ME:winkgrin:

Vada/Nove puts on a really really Niiiiiiiiice schooling show....they even provided us with Wegmans' sandwiches and choc. chip cookies!!!!

Let's hope mother nature gives us more of the same next month!

paintlady
Mar. 22, 2010, 11:18 AM
My mare needs to have a talk with your mare Silver Image Farm. She's been in their indoor a few times and acted like a loon. She's normally very mellow at shows... often too mellow. It was the first time I didn't receive a comment about needing more energy and forward movement on a dressage test. LOL!

My test times were after 4 p.m., so I missed the lunch. Bummer...

Silver~Image~Farm
Mar. 23, 2010, 02:42 PM
Well I'm sorry that I missed you and others at the show Paint lady! Hope you had a good ride(s?).....

The caliber of horses/rides from what I saw was high and everybody was super friendly/supportive.....just another reason I always enjoy the shows Vada/Nova puts on!!!! (thanks to all the volunteers too!).....

I was kind of surprised to see how many views this thread has.....and then on another bb I noticed somebody acutally waited up till 11:30pm just to look up my scores and trash my results:eek::yes:......ah well, c'est la vie. To each his/her own!

I remain thrilled that my mare started the season with such a super good attitude and will continue to work to improve my own shortcomings as a rider........I need to remember to not be so "happy" when we get those "8's" and "7's" that I forget to RIDE! I suppose many of us have btdt though.....:winkgrin:

Tiki
Mar. 24, 2010, 12:22 PM
Where are the results posted. We were there, so know our own scores, but wanted to see how we did relatively.

paintlady
Mar. 24, 2010, 12:26 PM
Where are the results posted. We were there, so know our own scores, but wanted to see how we did relatively.

http://www.vadanova.org/

Click on "Results are Posted." :)

Tiki
Mar. 24, 2010, 06:59 PM
Those results are for the show on the 21st. I thought this thread with all the reports on the pouring rain, etc. was about the schooling show on the 14th. Where are those results posted?

baylady7
Mar. 26, 2010, 11:54 AM
The Morven Park 3/14 results are posted here:

http://www.equestrianeventmanagement.com/calendar.html