PDA

View Full Version : Dressage Tattoos

GreekDressageQueen
Mar. 6, 2010, 11:02 PM
Saw a thread on the H/J Forum about tattoos and was wondering if any of the Dressage peeps have any - maybe with a dressage theme or style? I don't have a tat myself, but would consider getting one if I found something I loved enough to have it put on my body forever. Please share with pics! :cool:

winfieldfarm
Mar. 6, 2010, 11:10 PM
I don't have a dressage themed tat particularly but I do have my farm logo that I designed as a young girl. Having it tattooed was a promise to myself that I would never give up on my dream. I was in 8th grade when I designed it, college when I got it inked and am livin' large and in charge at 36 with the logo in my front yard on a big ol' sign.

I know tats aren't for everyone but they are very personal. I would love to see other tats that are horse related.

GreekDressageQueen
Mar. 6, 2010, 11:20 PM
Is your place Winfield Farm & Forge in Grafton? I really like that logo... really simple but very pretty. I could live with something like that. It looks like something my BFF and I used to draw when we were kids.

DP2000
Mar. 6, 2010, 11:33 PM
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs144.snc1/5328_529353359984_52306078_31425607_5880463_n.jpg

Here is mine, its literally me and my mare going across the diagnol. I brought my tattoo artist the picture and this is what he came up with. I love it and its my favorite tattoo out of all my other ones, the reason I had this done is because I have been through everything with this horse, she is my child and could never be replaced.
Picture was taken when he was 2/3rds of the way done, its now darker with more shading. Only picture I have since its hard to take one of my own back! haha.

winfieldfarm
Mar. 6, 2010, 11:50 PM
Hey Greek yea that's me...

I kept the family farm name but wanted my own logo. My mother's artist best friend had painted a farm sign of an Arabian looking over my father's shoulder while he worked a shoe on the anvil. That original sign hangs in my farm lounge and it's older than me. You can see it on my website under the farm tab.

That logo you see started out as just the horse head outline, then the lines were darkened, shaped and modified over time as I grew older. Finally the farm colors were updated from royal blue and white to navy black and white. the rings were added to really finish the logo and bring all the colors into it.

Maude
Mar. 7, 2010, 09:17 AM
I'd love to have a tramp stamp on my lower back of a horse in extended trot. Unfortunately at my age and with my propensity for weight gain, it may end up looking like a daschund in the future...:)

blackhorse6
Mar. 7, 2010, 09:19 AM
I'd love to have a tramp stamp on my lower back of a horse in extended trot. Unfortunately at my age and with my propensity for weight gain, it may end up looking like a daschund in the future...:)

:lol::lol::lol: I love CotH!

johnnysauntie
Mar. 7, 2010, 09:42 AM
All sorts of "halt at x" ideas are coming to mind! :lol:

Moogles
Mar. 7, 2010, 09:00 PM
I remember that when ever I asked my parents about getting a tattoo it was such a stern no! The kind you don't argue with or you might be disowned or sold! Then when I told them what I wanted, my mom was like "cool, I'll drive you to the studio!" :lol:. I have a red maple leaf surrounding a piaffing stick horse. Well, it's not really a stick horse more like an outline. I'll try to post pics later. I love it beacuse it actually has meaning. I want another but not sure what yet.

Dressage_Julie
Mar. 8, 2010, 10:26 AM
I have a very small on- the -bit horse head and neck on my back. It is probably about 1 inch by 1 inch. I got it when I lost my horse and remained horseless for 4 years. It was my reminder that dressage was and always will be a huge part of my life.

Quest52
Mar. 8, 2010, 10:30 AM
That's a nice way to remember a horse. I may have done it myself when my horse passed away, but was too scared and didn't have coth to turn to. :)

Quest52
Mar. 8, 2010, 10:40 AM
That's a nice way to remember a horse. I may have done it myself when my horse passed away, but was too scared and didn't have coth to turn to. :)

Keepthepeace
Mar. 8, 2010, 11:49 AM

and THIS is the reason I am afraid to get a tattoo! :winkgrin:

Anselcat
Mar. 8, 2010, 12:06 PM
Wouldn't it all depend on the skill of the tattoo person? If you got someone who had never done a horse before, no matter how good your original design is, you might end up with a conformationally challenged horse. (or reins attached directly to the headstall, like in so many cartoons). And that would drive me crazy!

There must be tattoo artists who specialize in certain things, but how would you find out?

PnkPanthr
Mar. 8, 2010, 07:54 PM
Wouldn't it all depend on the skill of the tattoo person? If you got someone who had never done a horse before, no matter how good your original design is, you might end up with a conformationally challenged horse. (or reins attached directly to the headstall, like in so many cartoons). And that would drive me crazy!

There must be tattoo artists who specialize in certain things, but how would you find out?

You give them a picture, and they copy it. Thats basically how it works.

luvmydutch
Mar. 8, 2010, 08:45 PM
I have a tattoo...not a dressage tattoo...but a horse tattoo. Got it on my 18th birthday

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h312/earth2283/tattoos002.jpg

Mom got this one the same day

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h312/earth2283/tattoos002.jpg

:cool:

2tempe
Mar. 8, 2010, 09:37 PM
All sorts of "halt at x" ideas are coming to mind! :lol:

Ah, you and the daschund comment sure made my night, I'm truly laughing out loud.
And my "halt at x" would also have the "salute" included.........

Couture TB
Mar. 8, 2010, 10:25 PM
Not dressage, but out of my 4 I have my logo on my lower back, wish I would have gone larger, and this one http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=106800&id=100000414819086

Along with one on my arm and a gecko around my belly button, but years of being sick has now made the gecko into a bloated dragon ! lol

EasyStreet
Mar. 10, 2010, 12:13 AM
I don't have one yet but now I'm inspired to come up with a dressage design to cover up tattoo of X boyfriends name!!:yes::winkgrin::D:lol:

Frizzle
Mar. 10, 2010, 12:24 AM
It's not dressage-themed, but I have one that's the silhouette of a running horse. I got it on my foot because it's easy enough to cover up and won't change shape if I get fat. Plus, if someone wants to see it, it's not in an embarassing location.
I actually wish I had gotten something more detailed, but I still really like it.

esdressage
Mar. 10, 2010, 01:35 AM
You give them a picture, and they copy it. Thats basically how it works.

Yes, but some are much, much better than others. You also ask to look at their portfolio to get a feel for their style and how good they are. Not all are created equal…

dressageluv
Mar. 10, 2010, 09:57 PM
I have been trying to get the celtic horse goddess tatoo...the one with the 3 horses in a circle....but I need someone to redraw the original for me and replace the 3 horses with dressage horses....also cant decide on the location yet....taking into consideration work looks and getting older or pregnant etc...strecth effect!!! Any ideas on logo or location??

GreekDressageQueen
Mar. 10, 2010, 10:11 PM
I want to see pictures!!!!! Show off them lovely tats! :D

Piaffe~Passage
Mar. 10, 2010, 10:39 PM
I'd love to get the Brands of the horses that I own. Dutch & the Swedish brand, with there reg names above. I'd love to do it...