PDA

View Full Version : Pads for Renegades?

oozer
Mar. 6, 2010, 10:37 PM
I just bought a pair of Renegade boots and now I'm wondering if I can put a pad in them. What type of pad do you use for these boots? And HOW would they stay in as the back is open at sole level? Wouldn't the pads just slip out the back?

Also I'm wondering if the pads would alter the fit at all, since I think the size two's that I ordered might be too big for the pony, but from the measurements on the website I'm sure the size one's would be too small. That's why I was hoping the the pads might make them a bit snugger on the foot.

AHorseoffCourse
Mar. 10, 2010, 11:45 AM
Karen Chaton has tried pads in renegades and reported that they don't stay in well (REALLY have to glue them in) and they DO alter the fit of the boot. If you do decide to glue pads in, make sure that you let them stand around in the boots for a while to "squish" the pads down a bit before oging on an actual ride.

That being said, I haven't talked to anyone that has reported needing pads wtih the renegades. I do have a pair of renengades that have a poured in sort of "rubbery" pad on teh bottom.....not sure if it was an experiement from the company (I got those boots used) or something that someone tried. I like it and would pursue in the future if I saw something with this option.

AHorseoffCourse
Mar. 10, 2010, 11:46 AM
You might be able to find something about Karen's experience with pads and renegades by going to her site - enduranceridestuff.com