PDA

View Full Version : What a Surprise! My Trainer & Joey Starbuck on VADA's Purplebook cover!!!

Oldenburg Mom
Mar. 6, 2010, 06:59 PM
What a shock ... what a wonderful shock!!!!

I'm on my way home from my Saturday job (feed store, doncha know.) And as usual, when arriving home, I stop the car at my driveway entrance, and check the mail box.

Hmmmmm. What's this package? I don't usually get packages... so I rip it open. It's the Virginia Dressage Association's 2010 Purplebook.

OMGiH!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: IT's MY TRAINER (Tina Baglione) AND JOEY STARBUCK ON THE COVER!!! HOLY SMOKES! Yup, inside on the first page, it says "Scene from a 2009 VADA/Nova Show at Morven Park. Photocourtey of: Pics of You and John Robinson." Yes, we were there, and actually, I remember the photo.

You can't really see her face... but it's a wonderful shot...plus she has a second place ribbon on her boot.

OK, maybe I'm just silly, but what a treat for Miss Tina ... and Mr. Joey. And of course, me. I'm so proud of them I could just bust ...

Thank you VADA, for a lovely surprise. And yes, I will be rejoining this year!! :lol:

Now, I'm 99.99999% sure it's them,... but if the photographer comes along and says "That's not them" I WILL be mortified ... :lol:

CFFarm
Mar. 6, 2010, 08:07 PM
You're not a proud Mom or anything are you? Congratulations, what a thrill for you. Can you post a picture?

BaroquePony
Mar. 6, 2010, 10:28 PM
Well, come on ... post the pic please :)

Oldenburg Mom
Mar. 6, 2010, 11:45 PM
What a day!

I just got back from the hospital! Go figure. I had an allergic reaction to what I had for dinner!!!! Yikes!

Anyway, I have to scan it, so it'll be Monday. But, I'll post it.

And THANKS everyone. Yes a I am a very very proud Mom!! :lol: Going to bed,... more later.

atr
Mar. 7, 2010, 03:06 PM
:)

Not such a big deal, but my boy is on the cover of the Utah Dressage Society Omnibus this year (I'm there too, or at least some of me is, but pictures of us are never about me...)

Oldenburg Mom
Mar. 7, 2010, 06:45 PM
HEY atr! It was a shock to me ... did you know about yours in advance? Regardless, congratulations!!!! Can you scan the picture?

Oldenburg Mom
Mar. 12, 2010, 11:27 AM
Finally got the pic scanned! I'm so proud of them both ...

Zydeco Sport Horses
Mar. 12, 2010, 11:57 AM
Aww, Mom--what a special picture! It is just too cool. Congrats to you, Tina and Joey.

Oldenburg Mom
Mar. 12, 2010, 12:18 PM
Aww, Mom--what a special picture! It is just too cool. Congrats to you, Tina and Joey.

You are so sweet to say so. Thank you Thank you Thank you!

I know I'm probably being goofy,... but they do work so very hard. It's not a huge thing, but it sure makes my heart go bumpbumpbump for them! :lol:

dressappy
Mar. 12, 2010, 09:12 PM
lol! I was wondering if that was Tina and Joey. Since I couldn't see Tina's face I wasn't quiet sure.

Anna :D

Oldenburg Mom
Mar. 12, 2010, 09:46 PM
lol! I was wondering if that was Tina and Joey. Since I couldn't see Tina's face I wasn't quiet sure.

Anna :D

Hey Anna,

I know ... there's no mistaken that little tiny body of hers ... I'm so pea-green with envy! :lol:

I like how Joey's looking one way, and Tina's looking the other!!! :lol:

Thank you for your kind comments...they really do mean so much. ;)