PDA

View Full Version : What would be the penalty for...

Carol O
Mar. 4, 2010, 09:11 PM
....posting the extended trot in an FEI test?

BaroquePony
Mar. 4, 2010, 09:17 PM
Not sure, but I do know that a rider can actually post the trot without looking like it is a posting trot :yes: If you have a good independent seat, and you are riding a very rough or bouncy horse, you can post but keep your butt really close to the saddle on the rise ... just a whisper ... and you can really handle a tought ride and make it look easy.

Beentheredonethat
Mar. 4, 2010, 09:24 PM
It would be -2, error of test, IF it was noted, as BaroquePony said.

mickeydoodle
Mar. 4, 2010, 09:27 PM
a very well known FEI rider does it all the time

Carol O
Mar. 4, 2010, 11:17 PM
a very well known FEI rider does it all the time

go on...

Jane Honda
Mar. 4, 2010, 11:23 PM
I've done this to ease up on super rough trots. I never EVER even thought of doing it during a show!

Great idea!!!!

MaximumChrome
Mar. 5, 2010, 09:31 AM
I've seen FEI riders doing a "small post", and even better - saw two now that had bucking straps, and hooked their fingers in it to stabilize in the extended trot. I was snapping pictures of one, and when I got home, downloaded and zoomed in just to make sure I wasn't imagining it! Top riders are clever ;-)

Capriole
Mar. 5, 2010, 11:14 AM
It's rule DR 122.5(a). It's -2 points, and the judge should ring the bell to tell the rider of the error.
"If a rider performs in a rising trot when a sitting trot is required, or vice versa, the bell must be sounded and the rider warned that this is an error that accumulates if repeated, leading to elimination at the third occurrence."

CatOnLap
Mar. 5, 2010, 11:43 AM
practice practice practice. Make your posting invisible or hover in a fake two point seat. Wear a long enough coat so no daylight is visible under your seat.

and risk the -2.

ESG
Mar. 6, 2010, 07:38 PM
It's rule DR 122.5(a). It's -2 points, and the judge should ring the bell to tell the rider of the error.
"If a rider performs in a rising trot when a sitting trot is required, or vice versa, the bell must be sounded and the rider warned that this is an error that accumulates if repeated, leading to elimination at the third occurrence."

No judge I have ever scribed for, has rung a bell for error of test (which this is), rather than error of course. You can be eliminated for it, though, as stated above.

Oh, and this starts at 2nd level. IMNSHO, if you have to post an extended trot in competition, you have no business showing above 2nd.

SillyHorse
Mar. 6, 2010, 09:12 PM
Some horses have terribly rough trots, making them extremely difficult for even the best among us to sit. Most of us can sit a huge trot if the horse is "soft" in its joints, but get a rough one, and it's a different story.

Although I have no idea who they are, I doubt that the FEI riders referred to post in competition on every horse.

Velvet
Mar. 7, 2010, 05:00 PM
Bell ringing is for error of course, not error of test movement. (Meaning if you are doing the wrong movement you'll get a bell rung. If you're posting when you shouldn't be, it will just be noted on your test.) Error of test also is not always reflected in a -2. Often the judge will comment on the movement not being performed as written and will nail you as insufficient or having not completed the movement.

Capriole
Mar. 7, 2010, 05:36 PM
Bell ringing is for error of course, not error of test movement. (Meaning if you are doing the wrong movement you'll get a bell rung. If you're posting when you shouldn't be, it will just be noted on your test.)
I was quoting the rule, not my own opinion! :lol: