PDA

View Full Version : Show name help for my new guy - please

justagreen
Mar. 3, 2010, 10:38 PM
I am excited to introduce my first (not really first, but first event) horse - purchased by me, for me. :)
He is a black 8 year old German Warmblood 15.2 hand gelding. He has a white "C" on his forehead and is his only marking.
He is sweet, curious and dead broke (thank goodness). Still kind of green, he is really smart, willing and a ton of fun to ride.
I have started calling him Henry around the barn, after my grandfather who bought my first pony (also black) and taught me how important horses are in ones life.
I cannot get pictures to attach to this message - I will keep trying.
The search for the perfect guy took ages (or seemed to), so I was thinking of something that signified that. The only idea I have so far is "At Last".
I am looking for a show name that is 2 words, is easy for announcers and is kinda catchy.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!!

Jane Honda
Mar. 3, 2010, 10:41 PM
He sounds classy! I think you have to just host the photo somewhere and then post the link.

I think only premium members are allowed to have attachments.

How about something with Classy in it. It goes with the C on his forehead?

Classy Henrik?

302style
Mar. 3, 2010, 11:56 PM
maybe something about a moon because of the c? like crescent moon or summer moon or american moon or something?

eventingismylife
Mar. 4, 2010, 12:04 AM
When I read your description about him, "My Kinda Man" popped into my mind. I know it isnt 2 words, but I personally think it would suit him :)

skip916
Mar. 4, 2010, 12:17 AM
my new horse's show name is "At Last" and I thought it was wonderfully original since it took me 11 years to get another horse and she came in dead last in most of her races :(

doesnt he have some cool german registered name?

do something with the C shape or moon shape in combo. with him being black, and Henry sounds very royal!
brainstorming:
Henry's Midnight Moon
Crown Me Henry
Finally the King
Dark Knight
C the Light

and look up dark german beers- there might be some cool names there too! good luck- he sounds cute! if you show in Area III and call him "At Last" and run into another horse named that, I'll be the girl making mean faces at you.... jk :lol:

ens0613
Mar. 4, 2010, 12:18 AM
Finally Found/Finally Found Him
Crescent Moon (like 302style said above)
Maybe something to do with Germany/German names, since he's a German warmblood?

lionstigersbears
Mar. 4, 2010, 12:29 AM
I was just going to say I thought "At Last" was really cute (plus, I like the song...), but then I saw Skip916's post... well, unless Skip is also in Missouri, I don't really see the problem.

Hm... maybe Stars Aligned?

Is he registered... I always like keeping registered / JC names as it gives your horse traceable history. If he's registered and you don't like it/think an announcer would struggle with it maybe you could change it a bit?

scubed
Mar. 4, 2010, 08:38 AM
I was going to say Finally Found. Other thoughts

Chance Found
No Ultimo (portugeuse for at last)
Center Stage
Lucky Moon

mcorbett
Mar. 4, 2010, 09:16 AM
I love "At Last!" I also like names that remind me of songs because I like to sing them to my ponies when I'm nervous :)

sar2008
Mar. 4, 2010, 09:34 AM
I had the same problem when coming up with a name for my mare....These are the ones I had picked out:

At Last --this is what she is registered under with the GOV

Fine Lee (Sounds like "Finally")

Alto Speranze (but this is the male version for you of "high hopes" in Italian)

Abracadabra

Callisto

Carbon Copy (she looks just like her sire-Argosy!)

Chapter One

Cin City

SweetieG
Mar. 4, 2010, 01:35 PM
Finders Keepers
Worth the Wait
Wait and C
C Ya 'Round
C in the Dark
At Long Last
Moonlight

kookicat
Mar. 4, 2010, 01:41 PM
You could take a look on my site. :)

Good luck with him. He sounds lovely.

La Chasse
Mar. 4, 2010, 08:06 PM
Pulling out my dork card, but what about Henry's Catalyst?

for those who don't have big "L"'s on the foreheads like me:D, a catalyst is a substance that speeds up a chemical reaction. hence, once you found henry, he was the catalyst to your long, horseless equation.

rabicon
Mar. 4, 2010, 08:36 PM
Going with the C and a word you used, how about just Curious?

or Henry the Curious :lol: Hey its catchy
Call me Curious
Caffe Latte
Cadre Noir
Cast No Shadow
Celtic Charm
Cloud Nine
Command Respect
Confidental Informant
Copy Cat
Cover Story
Curiosity
Curtain Call
Okay away from the C names ummm
Me First
Sahara Night
Perfect Storm
Beyond Limits
Blackberry
Steppin Out
Risky Business

And BTW the song At Last was written by mack gordon and HENRY WARREN in 1941!! So maybe thats a sign and he should be Henry Warren

hldyrhrses
Mar. 4, 2010, 09:08 PM
c-note

slp2
Mar. 4, 2010, 10:59 PM
I like C-note and the moon names! There are a lot of good suggestions here.

Thanks kookicat for the website! It is much appreciated as I am trying to come up with a show name for my youngster too. Her current name is awful, and the combination of her barn name plus her sire's name is, well. . . Bizarre (literally). :D So I will be looking at your website for clever ideas!

EventMo
Mar. 4, 2010, 11:33 PM
Crown Royal, Crown Prince :)

RegentLion
Mar. 4, 2010, 11:46 PM
I think do something with "Henry" in it.

I just like the name Henry, I guess.... "Only Henry"?