PDA

View Full Version : Lucinda Green (TB Saddlery) Saddle

woodstock
Mar. 2, 2010, 09:53 PM
Anyone have one of these? I'm looking at one as an extra hacking saddle for the greenies-plus it looks like it would be great for those with a longer femur. Would love to know the good, the bad, the ugly. How is the balance?
Also- how does the regular tree fit? From what I could tell in the pictures I saw of this particular one, it looked a smidge narrow and the channel certainly looked narrower (or maybe it was just the angle)?
Oh, and do they have knee rolls? Or just the padded flaps?

lstevenson
Mar. 2, 2010, 10:18 PM
I used to have one (the x-c version), but sold it years ago. It was a great saddle with quite a forward leg flap, and a medium sized knee roll. Mine was a medium tree and fit like most other medium trees that I've used. I don't remember how narrow the gullet was, but my horse liked the saddle, so it couldn't have been too narrow.

cocopuff
Mar. 3, 2010, 08:55 AM
I have one and I love it! Most notably, it has a narrow twist which I need. It is great for those with a long femur and its nice to go short enough in the stirrups without my knees going over the front of the flaps.

Mine is a regular (or medium) tree and it fits my OTTB great! Sorry, haven't tried it on any other horses. The flaps on mine are smooth, slightly padded leather and there is a little knee roll (bigger than pencil-size) under the flap.

Probably the biggest deciding factor for the saddle will be if you like a narrow twist. If so, go for it - its a great saddle!

aksohmer
Mar. 3, 2010, 03:02 PM
I have one for sale if you don't end up with that one! Its the badmington xc version, 17 in seat, med-narrow tree, in great condition!! Its havana brown, billets were replaced a couple years ago, its really a great saddle. I looooved this saddle when i was riding a thoroughbred, fits horses with high withers really well.