PDA

View Full Version : Tiamo news for his COTH family and fans

KBG Eventer
Mar. 2, 2010, 09:45 PM
I'm honored and very excited to say that I am Tiamo's new owner! :) Kaiti (GotSpots) said she would leave it up to me whether or not to make an announcement, and I thought it was a great idea. I wanted to let Ti's fans know that he is staying in the "family". He's a star, and I know I'm going to learn a lot from him.

My non-horsey friends were some of the first to know, and they have been hilarious about it. They want to come see my "Black Beauty" (And he is!). Or since most of us take Spanish they call him "Te Amo". :lol:

JAGold
Mar. 2, 2010, 09:54 PM
What wonderful news! It's always nice to hear of promising riders being paired with lovely horses. I'm not on COTH often but I'm glad to have caught this announcement :)

arnika
Mar. 2, 2010, 09:58 PM
I agree, congrats! Please keep us updated about all your fun.

RunForIt
Mar. 2, 2010, 10:02 PM
Congratulations!!! Glad dear Ti will be out and about in AREA III (something tells me we may see Robby a bit more at some events, eh?). He's a lovely bred, incredibly trained grand boy - have lots of fun and love him even more. :cool:

Carol Ames
Mar. 2, 2010, 10:10 PM
Congratulations!

Robby Johnson
Mar. 2, 2010, 10:33 PM
To know he's still in the "family." I know Fred will be delighted to read this too. And, yes, RunForIt, maybe I'll just surface in Area III very, very soon! :D

Send lots of pics. His images from the first Pine Top over Valentine's Day weekend were stunning. I love watching him from the computer.

Also, Dezi and I will refrain from exposing his seedy yearling/wet rat years.

CookiePony
Mar. 2, 2010, 11:45 PM
Big congratulations. :D I can't wait to see you guys!

Kairoshorses
Mar. 3, 2010, 12:10 AM
I'm so excited for you guys! I can't wait to hear about how your partnership evolves. I hope you'll keep us all posted!

fanfayre
Mar. 3, 2010, 01:06 AM
Welcome to the family!!!:D
So excited to hear all your adventures in the coming years.

Toadie's mom
Mar. 3, 2010, 02:24 AM
Great news! Be sure to keep us posted, or maybe Robby will ;) I was just thinking about him a few weeks ago when I delivered my last homebred to her new (hopefully eventing) home.

Equa
Mar. 3, 2010, 05:21 AM
That's what is so cool about eventing - people and horses on first name terms. It happens here (in little old Oz with only 23 million people) but it is nice to hear that this "family" feeling is alive and well across the Pacific. And Geez - if someone mentions Neville, or Festy or Jag or whoever - we ALL know who they're talking about, don't we? Best of luck with your new pony!

IFG
Mar. 3, 2010, 06:20 AM
Congratulations! For those of us who have followed Ti since his conception, it is wonderful to have him stay in the family. Good for Robby, GotSpots, and KBG (oh and Ti)!

JustJump
Mar. 3, 2010, 06:50 AM
For those who haven't been in on the Te Amo back story, can you fill us in?

Badger
Mar. 3, 2010, 07:27 AM
How fun! Congrats and thanks for sharing the news. This makes you the fourth COTHer to have him as part of the family!

FlightCheck
Mar. 3, 2010, 08:52 AM
I am looking forward to seeing BOTH of you this year!

GotSpots
Mar. 3, 2010, 09:01 AM
I am THRILLED to add my congratulations to Kristen and her family. We are so pleased that Ti is going home with you and look forward to cheering on your successes! We are very fond of him, and hope that you have many years of fun with him!

For those who don't know the full story - Tiamo Romance is a true COTH baby. Long time poster/blogger/eventer extraordinaire Robby Johnson bred him out of his gorgeous mare Willow and Gail Rogers' amazing stallion A Fine Romance back in 2001. Ti was born in 2002 at Gail's farm to much excitement (the thread must be around here somewhere). Sadly, shortly after Tiamo was born, Willow colicked severely and didn't make it, leaving Tiamo an orphan. Gail and her dear husband spent weeks getting up at all hours of the night to bottle feed him - an incredible labor of love and devotion. Thanks to their care and attention, he blossomed. Robby brought him home as a yearling (or before) and taught him carefully about things like spray bottles (very scary) and grooming (divine). After my advanced horse died in competition in 2004, Robby very kindly offered to share Tiamo with us, and he came to Virginia in early 2005, where he spend much of his three year old year living on another COTHer's (KateDB's) gorgeous farm and growing into his very big ears under her watchful and wonderful care.

We started him as a four year old, and he showed himself to be an early super star, with his sire's lovely movement and temperament and his dam's pretty face. He's been followed on COTH through his first BN and N days, up through going preliminary. We feel so lucky that he's been a part of our lives - he's a true credit to Robby and to Gail and their breeding insight, as well as their incredible care and support. We are so pleased with how well
he's grown up, (http://www.hoofclix.com/Pine-Top-Farm/2010-02-14-USEA-Horse-Trial/AllisonSpringer93/11243734_7aX7k#788928715_bAN6J-A-LB/) and as an eight year old now, is going on to do amazing things with Kristen. We look forward to applauding their partnership and cheering them on!

Jupes
Mar. 3, 2010, 09:10 AM
Congrats!
As a long-time COTHer, I remember well Ti's early days, but thanks for the update on his more recent exploits. Care to share any pictures to get me/us up-to-speed, visually?
:D

Catalina
Mar. 3, 2010, 09:28 AM
How exciting :D!!! HUGE congrats.

I too have followed Ti's story and I have seen him in action a couple of times at Rubicon and Loch Moy. He is a lovely, lovely horse and I wish you all the best with him, KBG Eventer :).

Limerick
Mar. 3, 2010, 09:40 AM
Huge Congrats!!! I know you have a fantastic partner in Tiamo. I loved re-reading his story.

horsecents
Mar. 3, 2010, 10:18 AM
Lucky you :D Saw him at the Richard Jeffry show jumping course designers seminar in December. What a lovely horse. Have fun.

BBowen
Mar. 3, 2010, 10:22 AM
Another Tiamo fan/follower, so a huge congratulations to KBG Eventer. Holy cow, can't believe he is 8 y.o. So thrilled that he has a great new home and we will continue to hear updates on this COTH baby. He has had so many wonderful people in his life and I know you two will be build a wonderful partnership.

scubed
Mar. 3, 2010, 11:05 AM
Yeah, so glad he is somewhere we will get to continue to hear about his progress. Have big fun!

deltawave
Mar. 3, 2010, 12:09 PM
MAJOR congratulations and best of luck! :)

Toadie's mom
Mar. 3, 2010, 12:27 PM
GotSpots, great pictures!

Robby Johnson
Mar. 3, 2010, 03:21 PM
I am THRILLED to add my congratulations to Kristen and her family. We are so pleased that Ti is going home with you and look forward to cheering on your successes! We are very fond of him, and hope that you have many years of fun with him!

For those who don't know the full story - Tiamo Romance is a true COTH baby. Long time poster/blogger/eventer extraordinaire Robby Johnson bred him out of his gorgeous mare Willow and Gail Rogers' amazing stallion A Fine Romance back in 2001. Ti was born in 2002 at Gail's farm to much excitement (the thread must be around here somewhere). Sadly, shortly after Tiamo was born, Willow colicked severely and didn't make it, leaving Tiamo an orphan. Gail and her dear husband spent weeks getting up at all hours of the night to bottle feed him - an incredible labor of love and devotion. Thanks to their care and attention, he blossomed. Robby brought him home as a yearling (or before) and taught him carefully about things like spray bottles (very scary) and grooming (divine). After my advanced horse died in competition in 2004, Robby very kindly offered to share Tiamo with us, and he came to Virginia in early 2005, where he spend much of his three year old year living on another COTHer's (KateDB's) gorgeous farm and growing into his very big ears under her watchful and wonderful care.

We started him as a four year old, and he showed himself to be an early super star, with his sire's lovely movement and temperament and his dam's pretty face. He's been followed on COTH through his first BN and N days, up through going preliminary. We feel so lucky that he's been a part of our lives - he's a true credit to Robby and to Gail and their breeding insight, as well as their incredible care and support. We are so pleased with how well
he's grown up, (http://www.hoofclix.com/Pine-Top-Farm/2010-02-14-USEA-Horse-Trial/AllisonSpringer93/11243734_7aX7k#788928715_bAN6J-A-LB/) and as an eight year old now, is going on to do amazing things with Kristen. We look forward to applauding their partnership and cheering them on!

So much fun to recount and remember both good and sad times, and how our COTH "family" really is family. I went to Canada when Ti was probably 4 weeks old and met, on her dirt lane, a very bleary/weary Gail who had been on lockdown with the bucket-slurping "Bones," as I came to call him. (A nod to both Seinfeld's George who wanted to be called "T-Bone" and Ti Amo's rather unfortunate 2 yo year in which he was skinny and ribby despite a proper care regimen - eventually he got better.) I got to stay 5 days and help out with foal care and it was very special. I went back the next summer when he was 13 months old, ran around to his stall, gave him a big pat and walked in, was rubbing his shoulder when he turned around and promptly bit me on the back of my arm! Later that weekend, at some point following a lovely big BBQ Gail through for COTH'ers, Ti Amo and Miss Ida, his pony, broke into the barn - with Fred in residence - and completely wrecked it. We discovered it the next morning, everyone quietly standing there like, "Oh, this is so normal."

Gail sent Tiamo down to Lexington, KY, in January, 2004, so he was maybe 18 months then? I couldn't get him immediately so my friend Evan (Kanga) helped me out by letting him stay at his farm for 3 weeks. Ti was gelded there at Hagyard upon his arrival (he went to Cathy Weischoff's place for a few days, they were fantastic too!), then we picked him up in the midst of a light snowstorm. He lived with COTH'er Dezi for a few months upon his arrival in Arkansas, where I lived at the time, then up to Little Rock until he went to Kaiti in March, 2005.

When Allison came to see/vet him (he wasn't backed at that point) he was out in the pasture with the rest of the geldings. It was cold, but sunny, and he was lying down in mud, of course (we'd come directly from the airport where I'd picked her up). I didn't know Al very well then, so was a bit embarrassed that he wasn't clean and proper. We went out to the pasture, fully expecting him to get up and be fancy and cold-inspired. Instead, he napped while I put his halter on, then I kept thinking "Surely, he'll get up." Wrong. It nearly became a mule pulling.

After a very scrutinous 3-hour long vetting, he was cleared, and the rest is history!

3dazey
Mar. 3, 2010, 06:13 PM
I saw him mid-Feb at Pine Top and he was cute as a bug's ear buzzing around the prelim course. Best wishes, have fun and keep us posted! :yes:

Gry2Yng
Mar. 3, 2010, 11:13 PM
I remember it all from the very beginning. Best of luck to you Kristen.

Everythingbutwings
Mar. 4, 2010, 07:09 AM
So many memories!

It has been a treat watching Tiamo mature and enter competition. Kudos to everyone who has done such a wonderful job of bringing him along. Robby and Gail, this thought must have been near when you crossed Willow and Fred. :)

And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath over it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword.

He is such a special horse.

retreadeventer
Mar. 4, 2010, 07:41 AM
Congrats to all! Tiamo is a grand story. As well as a lovely horse!
For the photo/video addicted, here's the video I took of the show jumping seminar round: (December of last year)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0npJws8p4c

kookicat
Mar. 4, 2010, 08:07 AM
Congrats! He is lovely!

KBG Eventer
Mar. 4, 2010, 09:41 AM
Thank you everyone! I enjoyed reading all the stories. I knew some about his beginnings but not all of it.

I'll try to keep everyone up to date. I made a blog, and I'll put it in my signature when there is actually something to read on it.

Kristen

Quinn
Mar. 4, 2010, 09:44 AM
Kristen, I wish you wonderful times with Ti. I met him at the BBQ when he was a yearling and he was a handsome boy. I hope you have many many fabulous years and adventures together.

http://community.webshots.com/user/ballyduff

Fred
Mar. 5, 2010, 04:00 PM
Huge and heartfelt congratulations Kristen on having such a beautiful, talented and sweet horse in your life. I wish you both the very best of luck, and a long and happy life together.

Kaiti thank you for your kind and gracious post, and also for so generously and graciously including me in Tiamo's life and in your updates about Tiamo's progress over the years.

Kristen, you have just got a new horse, but do you know he comes with a large extended family?
Especially his two Grannies, Robby and me.
I am sure we will both be pestering you for updates and pictures (and video!).

I gave him the name Tiamo (Tiamo Romance) for a reason. I wanted him to (somehow) know that he was loved and for that love to follow him all the days of his life.

And I think it has. Tiamo is a very loved boy.

good luck to you both....

love, Gail

Wingsy, that was lovely.

KBG Eventer
Mar. 5, 2010, 04:06 PM
www.eventingwithtiamo.blogspot.com is the blog I started. There aren't any posts yet, but there will be soon when I go to Aiken for the week.

Gail, I promise to keep you and Granny Robby up to date on Ti. And ya'll can pester me all you want.

nomoregrays
Mar. 5, 2010, 06:02 PM
www.eventingwithtiamo.blogspot.com is the blog I started. There aren't any posts yet, but there will be soon when I go to Aiken for the week.

Gail, I promise to keep you and Granny Robby up to date on Ti. And ya'll can pester me all you want.

Where will you be staying in Aiken? I'd love to come and meet you and Tiamo. I remember Robby and Willow from years ago in Dallas. Will have to see if I can find the photos I took of them.

Chris

KBG Eventer
Mar. 5, 2010, 07:50 PM
Where will you be staying in Aiken? I'd love to come and meet you and Tiamo. I remember Robby and Willow from years ago in Dallas. Will have to see if I can find the photos I took of them.

Chris

I'll be riding with Allison Springer at Buckleigh Farms this coming week. Just PM if you think you want to come see him!

Pascova
Mar. 5, 2010, 08:51 PM
I have a Fred baby in Area 3 too - My Finn Romance (by A Fine Romance , out of Sparrow's Summer by Grange Finn Sparrow ) who is coming 4 in May. Sonny Little started him for me this winter and he is back home and doing great -- flat work only.

I would love to meet Tiamo in Area 3 this spring-- will you be at Pine Top March 27-28? or Chat Hills April 10-11? I will be competing my other gelding.

Let me know-- I have seen the pics and would love to meet him and hear all about his life and training.

Thanks-- Allisa
pascovafarm@gmail.com
www.pascovafarm.com

nomoregrays
Mar. 5, 2010, 09:28 PM
I'll be riding with Allison Springer at Buckleigh Farms this coming week. Just PM if you think you want to come see him!

PM sent.

Chris

Robby Johnson
Mar. 6, 2010, 07:15 AM

Chris

I just came across a picture of you and me and Willow at Las Colinas in, like, 1999!

nomoregrays
Mar. 6, 2010, 06:24 PM
I think I came across the pictures as I was unpacking. Now if I can only remember where I put them! :lol:

Fred
Mar. 8, 2010, 07:15 AM

thank you KBG, I'm looking forward to your updates. My email address is on my website.

There are also pictures and video links of Tiamo on A Fine Romance's FB page.
He welcomes new friends!

Just a small clarification of the BG information, Robby and I are Tiamo's co-breeders. :)