PDA

View Full Version : Do you know Cindy Anderson in IL?

hopefull
Mar. 2, 2010, 01:52 PM
anyone know her and have thoughts on her as far as training a greenish horse to do BN to novice?

(if you are Cindy, feel free to pm me:))

mcorbett
Mar. 2, 2010, 02:15 PM
Yes, I know Cindy. She is probably one of the best horsewomen I've ever known. I met her when we were both working students for Jim Graham. I would trust her to do anything with my horses. She is knowledgeable, detail oriented, a sympathetic rider, honest with her clients and friends, and very experienced in bringing along young horses. She has brought her own horse, Windsor, up to intermediate herself. Use her!

hopefull
Mar. 4, 2010, 02:04 PM
thanks mcorbett! Anyone else?? Good, bad, anything??

horsebackridingirl4eveh
Jul. 19, 2010, 01:01 AM
Sorry is this is too late but- I have ridden at a ton of barns and places where they have top trainers and Cindy is the best! I love her! In my first lesson she taught me more than I had ever learned in my whole riding career combined! She is also very nice and loves to work with people. She kept saying "If you have a question ask it! Even if you know the answer!" She also does everything she can to make sure you and your mount are safe in and out of the ring.
Hope this helped! :)

bean
Jul. 19, 2010, 06:05 AM
Sorry is this is too late but- I have ridden at a ton of barns and places where they have top trainers and Cindy is the best! I love her! In my first lesson she taught me more than I had ever learned in my whole riding career combined! She is also very nice and loves to work with people. She kept saying "If you have a question ask it! Even if you know the answer!" She also does everything she can to make sure you and your mount are safe in and out of the ring.
Hope this helped! :)

There you go, a glowing report about Cindy from Cindy herself. She will teach you more in your whole riding career then a ton of top trainers...combined.
Sounds like you better RUN to get a lesson before she is all booked up.

Halfhalt08
Jul. 19, 2010, 09:40 AM
I think that was a bit rude and uncalled for. I know Cindy and don't think she needs to stoop to that level.

Cindy is super nice, professional and a lovely rider. She also invests to improve herself and I would recommend her.

Derid
Jul. 19, 2010, 10:01 AM
Some people earn glowing recommendations, Cindy Anderson IS such a person. No one works harder and is as pleasant and ethical to work with than her. She has started or restarted or worked 4 warmblood dressage horse for me.

I met Cindy in Oregon when she was a undergraduate at Oregon State University. She paid her own way through school from 4-H earnings and training young horses. At the time we met, she was starting 3-4 young, out of the field, no handling horses (a kiger, a pony, a paint (I think), and hugh wb closely related to two of mine with a mean, dirty buck). Oh, and did I mention the equine pogo stick named "Windsor." She is patient, and a no nonsense trainer. My horses came home confident, forward, soft and even stood calmly for me to get on and off (I'm over 50 and it's important).

When my husband and I moved to the SE US, Cindy had already been at Jim Graham's for 6 months. I sent her another young horse and he came back even better than the others I had sent. My only disappointment is that she now lives in Illinois and I can't afford to ship/board 3 young horses at the barn.

Cindy is worth the investment!

Derid - See pics of Destrier & Cindy on my website!
(mares-nest-farm.com)

bean
Jul. 19, 2010, 10:16 AM
Halfhalt:

That is because you took my post to be rude and uncalled for. It was a bit of humor about a poster's first post and a glowing one at that.

Haf N Haf
Jul. 19, 2010, 10:50 AM
Where is she at in IL?

flutie1
Jul. 19, 2010, 11:41 AM
I think that was a bit rude and uncalled for. I know Cindy and don't think she needs to stoop to that level.

Cindy is super nice, professional and a lovely rider. She also invests to improve herself and I would recommend her.

Agree. Even if humor was the reported intent, the comment came across as snarky and mean.

bean
Jul. 19, 2010, 11:49 AM
reported

hrsjmpr
Jul. 19, 2010, 12:11 PM
Where is she at in IL?

Hunter Oaks