PDA

View Full Version : River Glenn in April?

Hey Mickey
Mar. 1, 2010, 10:15 PM
Who all is going?

I think the opening date is tomorrow?
I've never been and I was wondering what to expect from the training and BN.

Also, how fast does it fill up? I haven't gotten my coggins done yet (as in haven't even called the vet yet, hopefully I will tomorrow)... should /I go ahead and send my entries in?

FoxChaser
Mar. 1, 2010, 11:18 PM
River Glen is one of my favorite shows!!! I would try to get my entry in earlier rather than later this year since we're losing so many horse trials at the KHP what with the WEG. I imagine we'll all be looking at long wait lists in Indiana, Ohio, and Tennessee this year. Anyway, the place is gorgeous- set in a valley by the river with mountains all around. The stalls all have half-doors and bedding is provided, though it tends to be kinda first come, first serve. The dinner is terrific on Saturday night :) Plan to ride the night before even if you don't usually so that your horses can get a good look/ smell of the river (the dressage and SJ arenas are right next to it and it can be a distraction). X-C is very straightforward. I would say it is of average size- nothing too crazy. It used to run up and down the mountain, so if you hear folks tell you that your horses have to be fit, fit, fit, then chances are they haven't been there in awhile. The toughest phase seems to be sj, though I've never been able to put my finger on exactly why. You'll see more rails fall than usual though. I was going to link the photographer, but they've archived their photos and have nothing up from previous shows. The last time I was there, we won the novice division, so it is near and dear to my heart :)

Hey Mickey
Mar. 1, 2010, 11:25 PM
Thank you that's exactly what I wanted to know!

Do you think I should go ahead and send my entries in without my coggins?
or should I email the org. and ask? I hate to email asking annoying questions...

FoxChaser
Mar. 1, 2010, 11:29 PM
I think I would email the organizer and explain. They might just take the first *complete* entries- you never know! Have fun down there!!! :)

KateWooten
Mar. 2, 2010, 08:28 AM
I think you'll be fine to send your coggins in later. And if you are local, why not enter the schooling show there this saturday ? Dressage /CT/ HT up to novice.