PDA

View Full Version : FENCE Horse Trials April 2-4 Needs YOU!

CapturinYerRide
Mar. 1, 2010, 07:26 PM
Come on all'y'all... Get your entries in for this horse trial coming up. I was out there today and the place is looking really nice after this good wet season we've been having. Don't hesitate...

Don't forget also that this year we're having a T3D, and for all of them the Kidd Barn will be reserved.

General Info HERE. (http://www.fence.org/equestrian-center/equestrian-events/april-3-4-fence-horse-trials)

Regular Horse Trial schedule HERE. (http://www.fence.org/equestrian-center/Horse%20Trials%20Schedule.pdf)

T3D Info HERE. (http://www.fence.org/equestrian-center/Training%203%20Day%20Schedule.pdf)

USEA Omnibus HERE. (http://www.useventing.com/competitions.php?section=calendar&event=14335)

roki143
Mar. 1, 2010, 08:51 PM
I'll be entering the T3D tomorrow... had to make sure the pony still wanted to play this year before sending it in, but all signs point toward yes!

FLeckenAwesome
Mar. 1, 2010, 09:56 PM
I'm coming... just regular ol' boring training... But that will hopefully be my 4th qualifying score so... look out Fall T3D!!!

I'm going to try to volunteer too but won't be able to get up before Friday though. :(

But yep.. I'm excited! Trying to convince three other people to go too, and so far... I think two of the three are go's!

YAY!!

Ruperman
Mar. 1, 2010, 11:10 PM
Going to enter the T3D after I see how Saturday goes, or just the regular training. I had so much fun at Rocking Horse, I'm long format forever.

lbennet6
Mar. 1, 2010, 11:12 PM
Just sent my entry in for the T3D!!! I'm super pumped as you know Mark :)

Can't wait...love FENCE...If everything goes as planed I'll be back in October for the big move to prelim :)

EventingChase
Mar. 2, 2010, 02:23 PM
I love FENCE as well... One of the most beautiful venues around. I have sent my entry in for the Prelim. Should be a fun weekend. What a great place to run a training 3-day, through the nature trails and on the steeplechase track! Those riders are going to have a blast!

FLeckenAwesome
Mar. 2, 2010, 10:21 PM
I know.... I'm so jealous!!!!

Regular ol' training will still be fun though!

CapturinYerRide
Mar. 2, 2010, 11:11 PM
It will be partially on the steeplechase track, but maybe even more fun will be that it will go upstream into Mahler Creek. There's a lot of really nice land up there that a lot of you probably don't get to go see. Now's your chance!

roki143
Mar. 3, 2010, 11:18 AM
T3D entered!

Time to break out the bubblewrap.

FLeckenAwesome
Mar. 4, 2010, 07:09 AM
Whoo hooo for T3D entrants!!

And for those of you that aren't quite sure what the T3D is... I will bring info :) So come learn...come share....

Go visit the Long Format Club website to get more info.

For those of you that ARE entered...go visit the Long Format Club website for the excellent articles on there!
http://longformatclub.com/

You can also find some at http://www.trainingthreeday.com/home

GO LONG FORMAT!!!!

FLeckenAwesome
Mar. 5, 2010, 11:19 AM
So... FENCE needs your Entries!!!!

Come on folks!!! What a beautiful venue FENCE is and it should hopefully be a beautiful Spring weekend!!!

I'm also in the process of procuring prizes for the T3D winners :)

So.... Come say hi to me and Fleck and join in on the fun!!!

CookiePony
Mar. 5, 2010, 01:21 PM
Hemming and hawing... annikak says that Taco has a stall... but...

lbennet6
Mar. 5, 2010, 01:25 PM
Pretty sure our entire barn is going...I'm in the T3D & depending on a few things we might have 2 more in the T3D...

If not then they will be in the regular HT...we are bring a trailer load from Mississippi!

Love FENCE...it has always been one of my favorites...then again you can't beat going to a Horse Trial where your friends live!! :)

eventrider
Mar. 5, 2010, 02:04 PM
Entry went out today!

FLeckenAwesome
Mar. 5, 2010, 07:10 PM
Whoo hooo!!!

Seriously...come find me... You can't miss us... the big loud obnoxious Appaloosa running training :)

And.... VTO Saddlery has so generously donated some very cool prizes for the T3D winners and riders!!!! WHOO HOOO!!!!

VTO is awesome :)

Cant' wait to meet you guys!

3dazey
Mar. 5, 2010, 07:21 PM
VTO IS VERY AWESOME!

And CP, come on, you will never have so much fun and I think it's just what the doctor ordered.

I'm sorry I won't be there but my heart will be, for all of you, especially Lauren (my homegirl) and CP (cuz I know you're going to enter!). :lol:

I love Tryon, I love FENCE and the long-format is something that everyone who adores an event horse deserves to share with that horse, at least one time. :sadsmile: You will never feel the same way about that horse afterwards, I promise you. :yes:

FLeckenAwesome
Mar. 5, 2010, 07:48 PM
I'm so sad that Fleck and I couldn't get our 4th NAR score in time for FENCE's T3D because...man...what an amazing place to do it at!!! I'm HOPING they'll run it again in the Fall, but with entries not being real high this Spring, I can't imagine they would go to the effort twice in a year. Plus I guess the politics might make it hard to do it, since RH and KY are running one in the Fall too! But.... we'll still have fun at Training and then hopefully get our 4th score so we can play in the Fall :)

annikak
Mar. 5, 2010, 07:55 PM
Taco has a stall, and lots of folks to cheer that beautiful bay boy on!

FENCE- went there once, bought a house, gonna move there not-soon-enough! And up thru the creek area? Fantastic!

I shall be crazy busy with school (in MI) otherwise I'd be there in a heartbeat. Hopefully my 2 boys will be running with their moms....Com'on Taco and Doc! GO!

ACMEeventing
Mar. 5, 2010, 07:57 PM
HATE that I'm not going! FENCE is absolutely beautiful. Nice venue, nice stabling, lovely scenery . . .

Everyone have fun! And remember - Landrum has the largest ratio of police officers to citizens of any city in South Carolina. They mean business with their traffic laws!

Ask me how I know . . . :no:

Duramax
Mar. 5, 2010, 10:52 PM
Everyone have fun! And remember - Landrum has the largest ratio of police officers to citizens of any city in South Carolina. They mean business with their traffic laws!

Ask me how I know . . . :no:

haha, my MIL got pulled over once in her dually for executing an illegal U-turn in downtown. :lol:

FLeckenAwesome
Mar. 8, 2010, 11:30 AM
Come on People... Get those entries in!!!!

Entries are low now, which means....good chances of getting those qualifying scores! And...VTO Saddlery is donating some great prizes for those T3D teams!!!

roki143
Mar. 8, 2010, 11:33 AM
Entry Status is posted: http://www.fence.org/equestrian-center/2010-fence-horse-trials-entry-status

6 so far in the T3D, and I know of at least one more who is entering and others who are entering other divisions.

groom
Mar. 8, 2010, 12:58 PM
Entry Status is posted: http://www.fence.org/equestrian-center/2010-fence-horse-trials-entry-status

6 so far in the T3D, and I know of at least one more who is entering and others who are entering other divisions.

Yikes! I count 62 horses total. Since this is a fund-raising event for a non-profit organization, do you think they'll run the T3D at such a great loss, particularly with the HT entry so low?

This is a little over three weeks away. If you want to run there you might give them a call & zip in that entry.

CapturinYerRide
Mar. 8, 2010, 01:28 PM
Yes! Zip those entries into those envelopes and get them on in.. FENCE does need to plan for all sorts of things such as officials, competitors' parties, and other expenses, so they do need to know!

seascout3
Mar. 8, 2010, 01:34 PM
We have put reminders up on the Long Format Club FaceBook page and our website. What else can the LFC do to help?

Our regional rep, fleckenawesome, is the point person for FENCE T3DE and she is working hard to ensure that the LFC helps in every way we can. Please contact either myself or her with any questions/suggestions/needs.

FENCE T3DE is the first event of the 2010 season in the USEA Classic Eventing Series - let's start it off right!!

EventingChase
Mar. 8, 2010, 02:04 PM
FENCE usually has a great competitors party on Sat. night. They are one of the few horse trials left that do.... worth going to!

arielise
Mar. 8, 2010, 02:53 PM
I'll be there!

FLeckenAwesome
Mar. 8, 2010, 04:47 PM
Hee hee... A little embarassing as my name isn't on there yet, but I mailed my entry in later than I wanted! I promise it's on the way ;)

But yes.... do please let me know if anyone needs anything!
Also.... if anyone would be willing to help man the LFC booth during the weekend, please PM me or email me
hbreauxdvm@yahoo.com

I'd love any help :)

Thanks!
holly

FlightCheck
Mar. 8, 2010, 11:36 PM
Trying to convince a student to go.,,we will see after Rocking Horse this upcoming weekend.

FLeckenAwesome
Mar. 15, 2010, 03:17 PM
Still only 70 something entries but they've extended the closing date.

Come on Peeps!!! It's a cheaper show :) And we have the fabulous Hoofclix there taking pictures!!! Combine their photo skills and that gorgeous facility and background...... come on....gonna get some great photos to hang on your wall!!!!

There are still only 6 entered in the T3D!! So good chance for good prizes :)

And any of you that are entered Training and are qualified...why not run the T3D?!?!? It'll be a blast!!!!!!

I<3Sleepy
Mar. 15, 2010, 03:59 PM
I'm working on getting my money together so I can send in! I'm only in Novice but I'm really looking forward to watching my first T3D and volunteering at the LFC booth!:D

roki143
Mar. 15, 2010, 05:15 PM
I know of at least one more planning on the T3D (as long as they get their last qualifier in this weekend at SPHT2).

It's going to end up costing me less to this T3D then it was to run at SP last weekend! Come on 3-day'ers!

groom
Mar. 15, 2010, 05:49 PM
FENCE T3DE is the first event of the 2010 season in the USEA Classic Eventing Series - let's start it off right!!

Since this is a fund-raising event for a non-profit organization, do you think they'll run the T3D at such a great loss, particularly with the HT entry so low?

This is mostly why the long format is disappearing. Too much cost for too few horses. 6 horses won't even pay for the steeplechase fences! The $300 entry fee includes stabling, so it's only about $20 higher than P/T plus the stabling fee.

They have to pay & house officials & vets an extra day, likely an extra day of EMT service, probably a dozen volunteers for phases A-C.

For 6 horses? I hope they have some generous $ponsor$ who are no$talgic about the long format...(hint hint)

ThirdCharm
Mar. 15, 2010, 06:37 PM
It's having to be there Thursday that killed me for this outing.... just too busy at the barn right now.....

Jennifer

eventrider
Mar. 15, 2010, 06:51 PM
I could be wrong, but I thought that the regular horse trials was held over Sat-Sunday, and only the T3D entries were competing on Friday.

carolinagirl191
Mar. 16, 2010, 11:25 AM
Fence needs at least 10 in the T3D and 100 in the HT to run.
We are sooooo close.
Get those entries in. You won't regret it and you'll have a GREAT time.

FLeckenAwesome
Mar. 16, 2010, 01:14 PM
Yes...Eventrider you are right.... T3D starts Fri, but regular HT is sat and sun.

Come on!!!! It'll be a blast!!!

roki143
Mar. 16, 2010, 03:16 PM
I know of one for the T3D who is hoping to get her last qualifier this weekend at SoPines.

Come on people! (we need a FENCE rally cry or something. :))

ThirdCharm
Mar. 16, 2010, 05:11 PM
Right I was wanting to do the T3D but can't get away that week.

jennifer

FLeckenAwesome
Mar. 16, 2010, 08:43 PM
What about running prelim Jennifer? You wouldn't have to be away the WHOLE time then!!! :)

ThirdCharm
Mar. 16, 2010, 09:02 PM
Don't tempt me! I'm mightily resisting the urge to go too fast with Ms. NevermetajumpIdidn'tlike!!

Jennifer

FLeckenAwesome
Mar. 16, 2010, 09:43 PM
:) Welll then.....

What about running training?!?! :)

arielise
Mar. 16, 2010, 10:53 PM
Are they going to cancel if entries don't reach 100?

FLeckenAwesome
Mar. 16, 2010, 11:06 PM
I don't know..... I just know they want more entries :)

Jeannette, formerly ponygyrl
Mar. 16, 2010, 11:20 PM
I am sure hoping to enter the T3D with 1, and wondering if I can sanely take a second horse for the HT.

Can anyone tell me where the Kidd barn is in relation to the other barns??

arielise
Mar. 16, 2010, 11:38 PM
I really hope they decide to just go forward, even with lack of entries. If I knew more people out here I'd force them to enter...but alas, my eventer circle is all the way in SoCal. It's such an amazing venue, I hope more people decide to go.

I can't wait to see Fleck again. He's always been one of my favorite boys. I doubt you remember me but I met you on....geez...I guess the horsecity forums ages ago, and my dad said he introduced himself to you at fence a few years back. haha okay I sound like a creepy stalker. I just think your boy is the most handsome horse.

I'll try to promote this event anywhere I can. Maybe I can get entries by posting flyers at local shops. I'll do my best to get the word out.

FLeckenAwesome
Mar. 16, 2010, 11:39 PM
Oooooh Ponygirl... I will do my best to help you out, although....I probably won't get to do much as I'm already riding my horse in the HT, manning and in charge of the Long Format Club booth, and helping with the T3D! But... I will do my best to help you get both horses going so you enter!!!!

:)

I really want to play with the T3D gang :)

I am not sure where the Kidd barn is in relation to the others, but I wonder if they'd let you keep both horses there! :)

FLeckenAwesome
Mar. 16, 2010, 11:40 PM
Arielise...... Did you take pics of us? And then send them to me? I am pretty sure I remember you!!! And your Dad :)

And yep... Fleck is even more handsome now!!!

Hopefully we can re-meet!!

CapturinYerRide
Mar. 16, 2010, 11:40 PM
I am sure hoping to enter the T3D with 1, and wondering if I can sanely take a second horse for the HT.

Can anyone tell me where the Kidd barn is in relation to the other barns??
Kidd Barn is the one right near the entrance to the show facility. It's kind of the exclusive place to be.. There are plenty of stalls down there if you are bringing more than one horse...

eventrider
Mar. 16, 2010, 11:56 PM
I just talked to a student today who will be sending in an entry this week...so at least that is one more! Some people think that since the closing date is later there isnt as big of a rush to enter...so hopefully we will make 100!

arielise
Mar. 17, 2010, 12:11 AM
Arielise...... Did you take pics of us? And then send them to me? I am pretty sure I remember you!!! And your Dad :)

And yep... Fleck is even more handsome now!!!

Hopefully we can re-meet!!

I don't remember if I took pictures, but my dad was a big burly guy with a big ole mustache. He looks a bit intimidating until he starts talking haha. I had my chestnut hanoverian out there that time. I can't for the life of me remember who I was on horsecity. I just know the event was in October about 2 or 3 years ago.

shea'smom
Mar. 17, 2010, 09:18 AM
Jeannette, I will be there fri and sat with a student doing the T3D and could try to help you.

CapturinYerRide
Mar. 17, 2010, 10:57 AM
Don't tempt me! I'm mightily resisting the urge to go too fast with Ms. NevermetajumpIdidn'tlike!!

Jennifer
C'mon, just come over and run the two day.. Heck, run at novice if you want to be careful!

groom
Mar. 17, 2010, 04:04 PM
Kidd Barn is the one right near the entrance to the show facility. It's kind of the exclusive place to be.. There are plenty of stalls down there if you are bringing more than one horse...

You might want to check with the Org because 3D horses are typically kept separate from HT horses, per the rules at FEI but also often at National 3D.

Use it or lose it

CapturinYerRide
Mar. 17, 2010, 07:09 PM
Thanks groom, yes you are correct, there will need to be a separation of the T3D group from any other group, BUT, don't let that stop you from coming.. From the list on-line there is only one person listed who would be entered in the 3day and the 2 day both. IF the list of that type of combo were to grow there are ways to segregate one half of the Kidd's 32 stalls into the inspection area. It's been done before. Even so, there are plenty of stalls in the regular area, and there are ways to handle the segregation on site that would make it still convenient for these types of situations to be accommodated..

Closing date has been extended to next Tuesday, for now, so folks, get them entries in to Julie.. We do want this event to continue!

FLeckenAwesome
Mar. 17, 2010, 09:28 PM
Yes we do!!!

Especially since PT has closed and now Chatt hills already has a wait list, so..... it's FENCE or nothing for me!!

Come on people!!!!

And besides... I want some lovely photos by Hoofclix from there too!!

shea'smom
Mar. 17, 2010, 11:08 PM
So, why do we think entries are down so low for this well established event this year?

FLeckenAwesome
Mar. 18, 2010, 01:02 AM
Probably because it's Easter weekend. And... I"m betting a good chunk of people are opting for Chatt Hills the weekend after because it's "home field advantage" for AEC's. Apparently Chatt Hills JUST opened and already has a wait list.

Unfortunately Easter weekend is hard for folks with kids or family I suspect.

Such a shame though cause what a gorgeous place for a T3D!! I'm super bummed I'm 1 NQR away. And seriously considering trying to run Pine Top the weekend before AND work Thurs, Fri and Sun overnight in addition to get that last score so I could run the T3D, but.... might not be smart ;)

FLeckenAwesome
Mar. 18, 2010, 10:49 AM
So..... they have room for 30 horses in the Kidd Barn and will TRY to accomodate people with horses running the T3D as well as regular horse trials. So.... hopefully you can get both your horses in the same barn, but no guarantee.

Hope that helps!!!

Get those entries in :) And...oh, it sounds like they will NOT cancel even if they don't hit 100 entries, but.... it would certainly be helpful to get that many entries.

Let's support them for offering a T3D!!!!!

CapturinYerRide
Mar. 19, 2010, 04:23 PM
OK ladies and gentlemen, I just talked to Melissa over there 1 mile from my desk here, and she confirms to me that

THIS HORSE TRIAL IS GOING FORWARD!

There are currently 10 for the T3D, and another number for the regular HT. There are still plenty of stalls, as the place will hold 399, but also, there are ways to create segregated areas for the two different competitions that can make it not inconvenient for those who might be bringing horses for both. Don't let that stop you.

Those of you in the thickets who were waiting to see what would happen, you can come out now...

Can't say if it will stay open after this Tuesday, but Melissa says please please please try to enter by then. Juli Hearn is of course the Secretary, but don't hesitate to call or email Melissa herself if you need to:

828-859-9021
melissa@FENCE.org

FLeckenAwesome
Mar. 19, 2010, 05:04 PM
WHooo HOOOO!!!!

That's right folks!!!! Let's support the people who run Long Formats by RUNNING THE LONG FORMATS!!! Or at least running HT if you aren't qualified yet :)

Yay for a go ahead!!!

And those of you wait listed at Chatt Hills...why not run FENCE!?!

carolinagirl191
Mar. 19, 2010, 07:11 PM
100 was the breakpoint to break even. FENCE is a 501 -c3 non-profit. They were barely in the black last year and 2010 is looking even tougher.
The more riders they get, they start to realize a profit. Think it through folks. How many years would you organize one of these just to break even? It's a terrible business model to provide a service if it's not wanted or needed. The smart decision of a Board of Directors would be to engage a different population. As an eventer who loves and appreciates FENCE, I encourage you to get those entries in.
They want them, they need them and they will appreciate them!

lbennet6
Mar. 20, 2010, 12:46 AM
YES!!! I'm so excited!!! YAY!! I get to run the 3 day after all!!!!:D

EventingChase
Mar. 20, 2010, 08:53 AM
Yay! FENCE is one of my favorites. I am so glad they are running. Eventing is about fun for me and these smaller "grass roots" events really make it fun!

FlightCheck
Mar. 21, 2010, 06:13 PM
I'm sending my student. Could someone please PM me with a list of good coaches that are going? I am not able to attend (rider doing 3rd Training).

eventrider
Mar. 21, 2010, 06:23 PM
I will be walking the training xc course at Fence if your student needs help.

Christan

FLeckenAwesome
Mar. 22, 2010, 12:34 AM
YAY YAY YAY!!!! It sounds like we've got more and more entries!!!

Might even have 10 now for the T3D :) :) :)

Happy dance!!!

And.... there will be a booth set up for the Long Format Club!!! PLEASE stop by and say hello and take home any info you want. We'll have stuff set up to take. And... we'll have merchandise!!! Cute hats, cute shirts, logo stickers for your car, as well as logo patches for your saddle pad, etc!!! Spread the word :)

Also... I'd LOVE to have some volunteers to help me man the booth, since I'm also competing my horse :) Anyone who is interested, even for just an hour, please contact me at hbreauxdvm@yahoo.com

Thanks and looking forward to seeing you all!!!

BarnBrat
Mar. 22, 2010, 09:46 AM
Glad to hear fence is going forward! Holly, I may be able to come up on saturday and help man the LFC booth! I'll let ya know for sure after this coming up weekend! :D

FLeckenAwesome
Mar. 22, 2010, 10:42 AM
Sweet!!!! The more the merrier :)

lbennet6
Mar. 23, 2010, 10:08 PM
So....I am entered for the T3D & have been working towards this goal for close to a year only to get a call today that my horse has a puncture wound in his fetlock...go to the barn assess the wound & yes...he needs to go to the vet...I have no idea what he impaled himself on but it was 2 inches deep! :( poor guy needs a month off now & is getting lots & lots of antibiotics. Luckily I'm 5 minutes from Mississippi State's vet school.

However I'm really, really, really bummed! It just doesn't get anymore crappy to have to withdrawal a week before the event. I have the best trainer though...she is letting me take her greenie BN so I don't loose my entry money...I'm a broke graduate student as is...anyways...just thought I would rant. I'm glad my guy is going to be ok...but couldn't he waited like 10 days and then did this?! That's horses.

shea'smom
Mar. 23, 2010, 10:34 PM
Aw, rats. sorry to hear this.

FLeckenAwesome
Mar. 23, 2010, 11:42 PM
Oh lbennett... I'm SOOOO sorry. That really really really sucks. Especially since now you have a T3D FIT horse that's going to be in recovery phase for that long. :eek:

I'm sorry. But... to make yourself feel better you can come help me man the booth :) :lol:

And it'll be fun running the green bean too! We'll do our best to cheer you up!

lbennet6
Mar. 23, 2010, 11:51 PM
thanks guys! It really sucks...hopefully the greenie will be good...he hates water so that should be interesting... I just hope he will recover in time for the Area 3 championships now!

I guess we will try to do one this fall...maybe KY or Rocking Horse?

FLeckenAwesome
Mar. 24, 2010, 12:40 AM
Oooh, then I shall see you there!!!! I'm hoping to get my 4th NQR at FENCE, so...whoo hooo!!!

Going to have to bubble wrap the pony until then though I guess!

lbennet6
Mar. 24, 2010, 01:14 AM
yes...I'll have to try bubble wrap next time. Today I thought it would be great if horses could tell you when they were going to hurt themselves cause then we could just leave them in that day! lol...I just hate to see my boy in so much pain! He did not enjoy his vet visit today. I"m going to go see him at the horsey hospital tomorrow...he has to stay there until Thursday :(

EventingChase
Mar. 24, 2010, 08:25 AM
My long term goal is the long format P3D at KY this fall... so if you head your pony that direction and want a carpooling/trailering buddy let us know!

FLeckenAwesome
Mar. 24, 2010, 08:33 AM
Oooh most likely :) FUN FUN FUN!!!!!!!

CapturinYerRide
Apr. 1, 2010, 12:53 PM
Horses are arriving folks! Great weather ahead! If you entered, good for you, and if you didn't, you should have!!!

EventingChase
Apr. 1, 2010, 01:33 PM
Yay! I can't wait! Holly and I will be there tomorrow. She will have the big spotted pony, I have the little one with the music note on his butt and will be walking around with a beer firmly attached to my left hand to calm my show nerves :) Sounds like a blast!

FLeckenAwesome
Apr. 1, 2010, 01:45 PM
I'm sooooo excited :) :)

And Kerry...did you see my 0-dark thirty dressage time! Perfect!!! Get it over with and then the fun can start :)

Also...... for anyone who is there.... Please come visit the Long Format Club's booth!! We'll be raffling off a t-shirt and possibly more!!

I will do my best to have the booth "open" as much as possible, but I am also competing, so..... when you don't see the Appy, come find the booth :)

RiverBendPol
Apr. 1, 2010, 02:51 PM
We're coming from MAINE (Via Aiken:winkgrin:) to run around FENCE. No T3D horses this time but one P, 2 T's, an N and a BN. So we're covering every other division! Can't wait. See you kids tomorrow.

missamandarose
Apr. 1, 2010, 04:44 PM
Good luck to everyone, ESPECIALLY those endeavoring on the T3D!!! Make sure you go visit Holly/FleckenAwesome at the LFC booth/table!

Jeannette, formerly ponygyrl
Apr. 1, 2010, 04:52 PM
Well I entered my boy Larry in the T3D - and he promptly started showing his first heat in his old bow since I've had him... So he'll be staying home and I'll just run Novice on my mare. I was hoping to have some Training under her belt by now and be able to run her in the T3D, but life and finances got in the way... Looking forward to heading to the mountains tomorrow!

roki143
Apr. 1, 2010, 11:30 PM
today kicked off with a great steeplechase clinic with Beth Perkins and a great sessionn on drugs/meds and jog-up. What a beautiful place! Can't wait for tomorrow morning's jogs. Posted a few pics at (courtesy of Momma-Sitton) chorseeventing.blogspot.com -- will post more tomorrow.

groom
Apr. 2, 2010, 12:10 AM
Can't wait for tomorrow morning's jogs.

What time is the jog?

FLeckenAwesome
Apr. 2, 2010, 02:01 AM
It just says AM on the website.

Anyways.... since it is now 1 am... and I have been up for 37 of the last 48 hours.... and still have a little packing to do before I leave at 9 am tomorrow... I'm off to bed!!!

ahhh, sweet bed! But... I'm so excited about getting to FENCE! Think I can play on the gallop track after it's all said and done?! ;)

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!!! I hope to get there early enough to join in on some of the T3D festivities, set up the LFC booth, and... clean my tack (cause that's yet another I haven't done yet!!!).

Whoo hoooo!!!

CapturinYerRide
Apr. 2, 2010, 07:44 AM
Jog is 10AM, Dressage under the cover at 1PM...

groom
Apr. 2, 2010, 08:04 AM
Think I can play on the gallop track after it's all said and done?! ;)

The Blockhouse Steeplechase runs two weeks later. Stick around and enter the "Locals Race".

FLeckenAwesome
Apr. 2, 2010, 08:42 AM
oooooh.....We'd so lose but how fun!!!!!!

redlight
Apr. 2, 2010, 11:16 AM
Just want to say good luck to anyone riding in the T3Day as the winner receives a beautiful bridle from Five Star Tack!

arielise
Apr. 3, 2010, 11:18 PM
does anyone know what the schedule is for stadium?

CapturinYerRide
Apr. 4, 2010, 06:57 AM
8AM for Prelim, then the T3D Sunday Jog before T3D Stadium, and onward..