PDA

View Full Version : Is this bit legal for dressage?

I<3Sleepy
Feb. 28, 2010, 09:16 PM
Hey all - sorry to ask this, but I can't tell very well from descriptions/pictures on the USEA Rules website if this bit is legal or not for use in dressage. I'd rather be safe than sorry!

http://cgi.ebay.com/JP-KORSTEEL-COPPER-BALL-LINK-FULL-CHEEK-SNAFFLE-BIT_W0QQitemZ120407933052QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item1c08df407c

Thanks!!

midnightride
Feb. 28, 2010, 09:45 PM
I dont think it is... but if you go to the USEA site you can send someone an email about it- when i asked about a bridle they gave me their answer but said to check with USEF as they use their rules on tack etc..... good luck... there seems to be a shade of grey on the "jointed bits"....

scribbles
Feb. 28, 2010, 09:55 PM
Nope, I had that bit and got it checked, they said no because of the rolly in the middle... Granted this was about a year ago.

Ritazza
Mar. 2, 2010, 07:46 AM
Not legal. Both the mouthpiece and the copper. Unless they've changed the rules on me again, which does happen, lol.

scubed
Mar. 2, 2010, 08:54 AM
copper no longer an issue, but rolling mouthpiece is, so not legal

JumpingBug
Mar. 2, 2010, 10:23 AM
NO not legal, shame a lot of horses go well in ball. The metal issue (using 2 kinds of metal in a bit) is not longer a issue thank god as it was a pretty antiquated rule anyhow ;-)