PDA

View Full Version : Life changes, gonna get to do some eventing!

Lori T
Feb. 28, 2010, 10:45 AM
I feel like a BIG weight has been lifted off my shoulders!
I gave my 1 month notice last night to give up the barn that I have been leasing for the last 5 1/2 years!
I love having total control of my horses, but it wasn't mine! I have a 30 minute commute at 5:30 am, then a 45 minute commute to work. Then back to the barn after work, and finally getting home to my family after 8.
It wasn't so bad when I worked part time and my oldest daughter was at home...she was a big help. But she went off to college and I began working full time 2 years ago.
I have been mullling this over for quite sometime, but a health scare 2 weeks ago, and having a 17 year old at home who graduates in a year, made me realize that I need to be home more!
Not to mention, I never get to ride! Tucker turns 7 in May. This is the year we were to make our USEA debut at Rocking Horse! It is almost March and we have yet to go to one event this year...before I know it, summer will be here and it will be too hot.
If I didn't have to commute, and owned my own property, it would be different, but I spend so much time (and money) cleaning stalls, making repairs, mowing, dragging, weeding, etc, etc...I spend more time and money on someone else's property than my own!
I think my little health scare was a good wake up call.
So I move at the end of March, and then look out! We will be regulars at events! I may have missed the winter events, but RH and the Fla Horse Park will have schooling events I can attend until fall..and who knows, maybe I will get to Poplar!
I am SO EXCITED!
My daughter's retired eventer will join her in Tampa..she is really happy about that. My 17 year old's old mare will go with Tucker and me and be free leased as a beginner lesson horse.
Anyone want some barn cats????

deltawave
Feb. 28, 2010, 11:04 AM
Congratulations! :) Weights coming off shoulders is a vastly underappreciated sensation. Enjoy it! :yes: