PDA

View Full Version : M. Toulouse Premia

IrishWillow
Feb. 28, 2010, 01:13 AM
Does anyone here have this saddle? Opinions on it for cross country? Fit for horse? Rider that has a hard time finding a saddle that my knees dont come in front of?

If you're selling a used one in a 17-18 with a wide tree, PM me! :)

JWB
Feb. 28, 2010, 08:26 AM
I ride in a Legano, which is the more forward version. I got it new two years ago. It gets the job done but I don't LOVE it. If I had it to do over again, I would just buy an older but higher end saddle... Either that or had snagged one of the Courbette Visions when Stateline had them for $900!

Mine is holding up just fine but there are just some funny fit issues to deal with (for me) and I question whether it will still be in use in 8-10 years.

littleYELLOWhorse
Feb. 28, 2010, 01:57 PM
I ride in this saddle and absolutley LOVE it! One of the most comfortable saddles I have ridden in. I use it on 4 or 5 different horses, from QH to TB's and even an arab and have never had a fitting issue! I have a hard time keeping my lower leg from sliding forward and this saddle REALLY helps keep my leg back! I would recommend it!

Daisey-Bogie
Mar. 1, 2010, 07:37 AM
I have one I bought 2 yrs. ago. XW 18. I have a Haflinger so it was as wide as I could get it. I love it. Osft and sticky, nice position for my leg. I used tyo ride in a PJ, and that one I was water skiing. I may sell. I want to try a Duett, which may fit my wide back horse better. I have a saddle fitting in a about a week or so. I will let you know or you can PM me. If I could buy a better saddle, not the duett, which doen't have the nice leather, etc.. it would be a Devacoux, but that is a jump. Thay is my dream. I just make sure I cleans it well, don't get it wet if I can, if I do dry and oil time. My leather is wearing well. No stiching issues.

deltawave
Mar. 1, 2010, 08:46 AM
I have nothing useful or relevant to add (sorry) but every time I read the title of this thread I think of some weird, rare blood disorder or tropical illness. :D

mcorbett
Mar. 1, 2010, 09:50 AM
I have a regular/medium tree Premia which is fairly narrow (fits my TB but not my QH). I'm 5'6-7" with a long femur and my knees feel like they are hanging over when I'm seated. When I'm up out of the saddle and the angle in my knee is open, it's fine.

The saddle gets dry and scratched easily but it does have a cushy comfortable seat.

If you are looking for something with a forward cut, this is NOT your saddle. I told myself that when I start jumping bigger, I'm going to look at a used more expensive saddle with a more forward cut flap.

me slouching in mine:
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee273/madrugadamegan/lessonpic.jpg