PDA

View Full Version : Great day at the Ark!

ThirdCharm
Feb. 27, 2010, 07:44 PM
Kudos to the Ark for another lovely event. Footing on xc was pretty decent despite the recent weather!

My 6 yo ran her first recognized Training and finished sixth with no jump penalties, she absolutely ate up the xc course! I can't wait for pix to be up!

Students all did well, no jump penalties for working student Ashley on her new ride, Thomas (doing his first ever event, at Novice) and Melanie and Drayco (doing their first recognized Novice).

My two new 3 year olds, Jones (stud colt) and Stormy (filly) placed first and second in the FEH, with 76% each. Very exciting! It was great of the Ark to manage to fit the FEH in despite low entries, too!

Jennifer

RunForIt
Feb. 27, 2010, 07:54 PM
Congrats!, Jennifer! Another COTHer, EventingChase, drove over to NC from GA and ran Prelim with her cute homebred Chasing the Music... they came 5th in their first event this season, 2nd ever prelim! Sweet for both of you - congrats again! Your babies are just doing so well...know you're very happy. :cool:

roki143
Feb. 27, 2010, 10:08 PM
"Chasing the Music" was on my team and stalled next to us! We were a happy bunch, with my boy being a super star (I think he finally gets it) and finishing 2nd, Chasing the Music's good placing, and our novice Rider having an awesome round! What a great weekend and what beautiful weather!

EventingChase
Feb. 28, 2010, 09:53 AM
Yup! Could not have asked for better weather. It was my first time at The Ark: what a fun quirky place! Everyone was so nice :) A very fun, although long, day!

scubed
Feb. 28, 2010, 06:37 PM
Loved the Ark when I took a TD course there. Would love to go back to event, volunteer or officiate sometime. It is a very cool place

lecoeurtriste
Feb. 28, 2010, 08:58 PM
HOORAY FOR NO RAIN! Thanks to everyone who competed, volunteered, or spectated! We really appreciate your support! Hope to see everyone in October (or at the Phillip Dutton clinic this May).

P.S...this spring date is being moved to May 7-8, 2011...better chance for warm, sunny days!

I<3Sleepy
Feb. 28, 2010, 10:13 PM
Roki! I was one of the Novice riders on your team stabled right down from you! It's fun meeting COTHer's without knowing you were doing it! Yes - Ark HT was quirky and loads of fun! I def. plan on coming back and maybe having a go in the fall. It sounded like most people had a great time and the weather was perfect. Thanks everyone at The Ark!:D

roki143
Feb. 28, 2010, 11:18 PM
Sleepy.... Congrats on the big move-up! Your round was really was perfect!!

I<3Sleepy
Mar. 1, 2010, 12:09 AM
Ah Roki thanks!! I had NO IDEA we would place so well...I literally squealed when I saw the results!! :D Not bad for ponyman's first event EVER!! I think our team did pretty well clearing the cobwebs for the first event of the season :winkgrin: Here's to a fantastic 2010!