PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Area III Riders Area III Championships

Aussie08
Feb. 25, 2010, 08:36 PM
Just a heads up regarding the Area III Championships, I found this when checking the changes to our area.

05/15 to 05/16 Chattahoochee Hills H.T. {Edited 02/12}
(GA, A- 3) - Only championship divisions at N & BN will be offered.

This was edited on 2/12 but there has been no notice sent out to Area III or on the USEA News section. I know a lot of people are like me and plan their lives months in advance, especially when planning HT's. I can find no info, yet, regarding Training Level and above, like is another venue offering those levels or is Chatt. Hills going to host it later. I've sent an email to our Adult Rider Coordinator to see what she may have heard.

FLeckenAwesome
Feb. 25, 2010, 10:01 PM
Okay... see... I read it as "We will offer championships at all levels, but will NOT offer regular non-champ BN and N". But... I know my friend panicked and read it as "Only BN and N championships will be offered - no training and above championships!".

Their website and the USEA website makes it look like they are offering non-champ and champ levels at training and above. WHich is why I thought what I thought, but... I don't know for sure!

I bet we will get an answer soon though!

EventingChase
Feb. 25, 2010, 10:13 PM
I read it the same way as Holly, that they will offer championship divisions at all levels (BN-P) but that at BN and Novice champs will be the only option (no regular divisions)

Of course that does not make my interpretation correct :)

Noctis
Feb. 25, 2010, 10:15 PM
I read it the same way as Holly as well. Now here's hoping I can manage to qualify to GO! lol

FLeckenAwesome
Feb. 25, 2010, 10:55 PM
Yep... I still need to qualify too! Though I also have to work that week/weekend so... it may not matter anyways. But.. I am off for AEC's, so if I can qualify for that... at least I don't have to worry about work ;)

Aussie08
Feb. 25, 2010, 11:37 PM
Ok, that may be the case, but the way it reads is somewhat confusing. It doesn't effect me one way or another, as I not showing but I was worried that it would be a problem for some friends.

I'm glad that I mis-understood the notice.

KBG Eventer
Feb. 25, 2010, 11:52 PM
I read it as championship divisions will be offered at BN-P as well as regular divisions at T and above. I'm kind of bummed. I was hoping to possibly run in a non-Championship Novice division at that event. I guess I will have to wait until May-Daze. :)

Noctis
Feb. 26, 2010, 08:21 AM
Fleck, You'll be at Poplar in a couple weeks? It'll be good to meet more CoTHers! AEC's are out for me this year, just not enough time, but NEXT YEAR....its on lol. Hoping to qualify for Area 3, but we'll play it by ear!

FLeckenAwesome
Feb. 26, 2010, 11:48 AM
I still don't know if I read it right though!! I sent a note to them on facebook saying that it wasn't clear, so I'm sure they'll get back to us and let us know 100%!

No... can't make Poplar! I'm bummed.... really wanted to meet you guys! I have to work :(

But... I'm headed to Full Gallop Mid-march and then most likely FENCE April, and then... I'll probably not get to do anything else unless I can get some extra shifts. Though... I do have some promising options there, so.... we shall see :)

FLeckenAwesome
Feb. 26, 2010, 11:58 AM
AREA III CHAMPIONSHIPS BN, N, T, P, Presented by Bouckaert Properties

I don't know if i missed this before or it's new, but.... this is on the USEA website, so... I think it is champs at all levels :) (Up to prelim at least!)

skip916
Feb. 26, 2010, 12:09 PM
i just emailed my friend (aka chatt hills event organizer) and i know she will clarify for all of us in a few minutes... sit tight

ChattHillsEventing
Feb. 26, 2010, 12:26 PM
We apologize for any confusion about the 2/12 edit to the Omnibus.

The 2010 Area III Championships being held at Bouckaert Farm May 15-16 will offer the same championship divisions as last May:

BN, N, T, P

We will address the issue on the USEA website immediately, thanks for understanding

Chattahoochee Hills Eventing.

mcorbett
Feb. 26, 2010, 01:00 PM
ok, still confused. Will there be a NON champ BN and N?

ChattHillsEventing
Feb. 28, 2010, 08:52 PM
Here is a list of every division that will be offered at the Area III's this year---the ones with "champion" are the champion divisions that will be offered:

USEF/USEA Recognized:
CIC1*,CIC2*
Advanced
Intermediate
Preliminary
and Preliminary-Champion

USEF Endorsed/USEA Recognized:
Beginner Novice- Champion division ONLY
Novice-Champion division ONLY
Training,
Training- Champion

So, to clarify, there will NOT be a regular Beginner Novice or Novice class, only championships in those two divisions. We apologize for any confusion this has caused, please feel free to e-mail us with any further questions:

chatthills@aol.com

Thank you! We wish all good luck this show season.