PDA

View Full Version : Going to Red Hills!

A3dayeventer2009
Feb. 24, 2010, 10:29 PM
I had to give my horse away in August because of time restraints since I have been crazily busy with college. It was a hard decision but in the end it was best for him.

I am so excited to go on my first real horse "outing" since then. My boyfriend and I are going to drive over to Red Hills for cross country day! I'm excited, but this could be dangerous. I've been doing reasonably well without my horse and I know I'm going to get the bug back as soon as we get to Red Hills! :D

It will be the boyfriend's first real horse outing too. :)

Can't wait!

Anyone else going?

foxhavenfarm
Feb. 25, 2010, 09:45 AM
We'll be there!

yellow rose eventing
Feb. 25, 2010, 10:58 AM
I'll be in the Advanced, first real go of the season. Email me or something if you wanna tag along on a coursewalk. It'd be fun and I can't wait to see the new stuff.

The Centaurian
Feb. 25, 2010, 12:24 PM
I'm volunteering :)

See you there!

JER
Feb. 25, 2010, 12:35 PM
Any word on the new XC courses? Are there more hors d'oeuvre jumps or are the cheese wedges a relic of the Naughties?

(Looking forward to everyone coming home safe and happy...)

cinnabar
Feb. 25, 2010, 12:52 PM
We'll be there! Looking forward to it!

lizajane09
Feb. 25, 2010, 01:01 PM
I wish! We were hoping to go do the Int. or ** but I have two final exams that I can't move :(. I heard it's beautiful, though - have a great time!

Smufy3DE
Feb. 25, 2010, 05:29 PM
Im doing the Intermediate!!! We have four total going, one prelim, intermediate, advanced, and a ***. Very excited... I have been told by one of the course designers workers that the track is new, big, galloping, and lots of brush... and no the cheese wedges will not be making an appearance :)

foxhavenfarm
Feb. 25, 2010, 05:34 PM
I'll be in the Advanced, first real go of the season. Email me or something if you wanna tag along on a coursewalk. It'd be fun and I can't wait to see the new stuff.

Good luck Katie, we'll be cheering for you!

Liebe-ist-Krieg
Feb. 25, 2010, 07:36 PM
I'll be there running in the CIC* ! Well, provided I can get my FEI # issue resolved. Does anyone know about the stabling in regards to CIC horses being stable near non CIC horses?

yellow rose eventing
Feb. 25, 2010, 07:44 PM
Should be ok. I took FEI and non-FEI horses to Plantation and Richland and they were stabled together without question. At most you'll have to show proof of influenza vaccination but methinks a health cert will be enough....

Liebe-ist-Krieg
Feb. 25, 2010, 09:01 PM
Super- Trainer's horse is running Prelim and it takes a significant amount of effort to make sure both he and the horse are dressed properly to compete so the closer I can be to them the better. I had heard they were segregating the FEI and non-FEI horses but hopefully that was just a rumor.

teamwallace
Feb. 26, 2010, 12:34 PM
We are going! William in the CIC** and Faris in the OI. Dad will be doing the test ride--I think anyhow.

A3dayeventer2009
Feb. 27, 2010, 09:10 AM
Good Luck to everyone competing! I can't wait to watch and cheer you all on from the sidelines!

maxxtrot
Feb. 27, 2010, 09:27 AM
yea, i think we are going to drive up and watch as well. love red hills. one of the best events i have ever competed at :) good luck everyone!

arnika
Feb. 28, 2010, 10:23 PM
Lol, Jer. The cheese with mice were my first thought also but they are not there this year. My daughter got to go on a course walk with the designer and he showed them everything and explained his thoughts on design to them. She said he told her it was to be fun and inviting for the horses. I believe she said there was a crushable(collapsible) jump as well, made of a type of styrofoam. I had to laugh when she told me someone in the group asked the designer why the natural colored jumps weren't painted in splashy, wild colors like show jumps.

I'm planning to go up to watch. Best of luck to all competing. Have a great run! :D

Yellow rose, Lauren is up there at FSU, just starting her mare in eventing. I'll let her know about your offer of a tagalong, I bet she'd like to go with you. I'll PM you.

JER
Feb. 28, 2010, 10:55 PM
Lol, Jer. The cheese with mice were my first thought also but they are not there this year. My daughter got to go on a course walk with the designer and he showed them everything and explained his thoughts on design to them. She said he told her it was to be fun and inviting for the horses.

That's a relief. The cheese fence is still on the Red Hills homepage.

My mare is in the CIC** so 'fun and inviting' is exactly what I want to hear! :)

JER
Mar. 1, 2010, 01:54 AM
Just saw this:

Red Hills Horse Trials revving up after one-year break (http://www.tallahassee.com/article/201002270200/NEWS01/2270328)

Hugh Lochore has been promoted from course builder to designer, and he has made a number of changes to the cross-country track in an effort to make it safer for the riders and their horses. He believes he's also made it better for the fans.

"I think the new course puts the jumps on better footing and is better for spectator viewing," Lochore said. "It's more flowing, as far as the layman watching is concerned."

missamandarose
Mar. 1, 2010, 10:02 AM
I'm going as an official spectator. My sister-in-law lives in Tallahassee and called me Saturdya morning to invite me down for the weekend. SO excited! Good luck to everyone riding!