PDA

View Full Version : Who Snatched up Joe for Gin?

302style
Feb. 23, 2010, 04:01 PM
Who snatched up the CANTER cutie? So jealous!! I was about to go look!

scubed
Feb. 23, 2010, 04:08 PM
me too! very jealous, though hard to go look right now, since car is in Florida

Hevonen
Feb. 23, 2010, 04:11 PM
I saw that he was gone yesterday and even though I hadn't planned on heading out to see him, I'm still uber jealous of whoever managed to snag him. Soooo nice!

There is a faaaairly nice grey up on that page now, not as nice as Joe, but still. :)

scubed
Feb. 23, 2010, 04:47 PM
Is that Silver Coin? He is half brother of horse I am half owner of. I love the Danzig line!:yes:

TxEventer81
Feb. 23, 2010, 05:41 PM
I don't know... that grey Ms Cornerstone is *QUITE* a lovely type!!! I'd be interested to hear about her pedigree from the tb experts. I'm going to have to call the dealer and find out how much longer until my trailer is ready!!!!! :D I'm *really* sorry I couldn't go see Joe for Gin.

http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1858:ms-cornerstone&catid=58:pa-trainer-listings&directory=305

Ishi
Feb. 23, 2010, 06:22 PM
I was at Penn today buying. As of Sunday morning Joe For Gin was sold, his trainer told me. I was a little bummed he was #1 on my list. I meant to ask here this weekend if any lucky COTHer got him.

I am THRILLED with the horse we bought today, holy moly is he nice, his trot totally blew me away. It took me all of 2 minutes to think on it. This was a horse who was #10 on my original list, based only on CANTER pictures, which is why I always tell people to go look at one they think they might like.

We saw a lot horses today, some very nice ones. It was really hard to pick one, until I saw the one we bought, he was the very last one we were to see too. Funny thing, last trip to CT, I bough the first one I saw :D

If anyone is looking, I took a ton of pictures. I feel head over heels in love with one gelding, who is completely missing his tail (as in almost all of it, most of the bone, looks like a draft tail that was cut, but I was told it got caught in the gate he did have tail hair), good mover, clean legs, phenomenal brain, HUGE ears, he's a total pet, can't say enough about his temperment and him over all.

Saw a lot that weren't listed, a lot of really nice event prospects. I had a blast, met another COTHer, AND, go to see a horse I used to gallop while we were walking back to the trailer. He looked amazing, it made me really happy, and he won his last start.

I have to go back through all my notes, I think out of the CANTER horses listed this is who I saw:
Secretfairways
Barracuda Hayleigh
Asturias
Harley J
I missed one whole barn, we were there at 9 and were there until 2 and still missed a lot I wanted to see.

Ones already sold were (and had been before Sunday but not yet marked as sold), off the top of my head:
Final Knockout
Joe For Gin
Sinatra
Mont Juleps (same sire as my retired Prelim horse I really wanted to see him)
Mister Millu

There were more already sold, can't remember them though.

katerenee
Feb. 23, 2010, 06:38 PM
Ishi- You're a tease! You didn't tell us which one YOU brought home.....:lol:

dressagedevon
Feb. 23, 2010, 07:11 PM
I don't know... that grey Ms Cornerstone is *QUITE* a lovely type!!! I'd be interested to hear about her pedigree for them tb experts. I'm going to have to call the dealer and find out how much longer until my trailer is ready!!!!! :D I'm *really* sorry I couldn't go see Joe for Gin.

http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1858:ms-cornerstone&catid=58:pa-trainer-listings&directory=305

Oh man, I would love to have her in my barn, make those calls asap ;) she's to cute to pass up!

sarah88
Feb. 23, 2010, 07:56 PM
If anyone else is looking, i saw this guy and thought he had the best face, and a really kind eye :) if i hadn't just bought a new pony last week id be very tempted! (he not perfect conformationally, maybe a bit toed in in the front, longish hind pasterns???, but its hard to tell from a picture... plus theres so much to be said for a horse with a kind eye!

http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1852:adorable-a-flashy-3-yr-old-gelding&catid=49:charlestown-trainer-listings&directory=302

Chaila
Feb. 23, 2010, 08:00 PM
What about this guy. New as of today or so...
http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1851:gorgeous-grey-sporthorse-prospect&catid=49:charlestown-trainer-listings&directory=302

I've owned 3 gray horses. I vowed NEVER again they're just too hard to keep clean. But then I see a guy like this and I get all woozy.

HeyJealousy
Feb. 23, 2010, 08:06 PM
http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1851:gorgeous-grey-sporthorse-prospect&catid=49:charlestown-trainer-listings&directory=302

I've owned 3 gray horses. I vowed NEVER again they're just too hard to keep clean. But then I see a guy like this and I get all woozy.

He is a complete hunk...look at that rockstar forelock!

eloquence09
Feb. 23, 2010, 08:36 PM
I was at Penn today buying. As of Sunday morning Joe For Gin was sold, his trainer told me. I was a little bummed he was #1 on my list. I meant to ask here this weekend if any lucky COTHer got him.

I am THRILLED with the horse we bought today, holy moly is he nice, his trot totally blew me away. It took me all of 2 minutes to think on it. This was a horse who was #10 on my original list, based only on CANTER pictures, which is why I always tell people to go look at one they think they might like.

We saw a lot horses today, some very nice ones. It was really hard to pick one, until I saw the one we bought, he was the very last one we were to see too. Funny thing, last trip to CT, I bough the first one I saw :D

If anyone is looking, I took a ton of pictures. I feel head over heels in love with one gelding, who is completely missing his tail (as in almost all of it, most of the bone, looks like a draft tail that was cut, but I was told it got caught in the gate he did have tail hair), good mover, clean legs, phenomenal brain, HUGE ears, he's a total pet, can't say enough about his temperment and him over all.

Saw a lot that weren't listed, a lot of really nice event prospects. I had a blast, met another COTHer, AND, go to see a horse I used to gallop while we were walking back to the trailer. He looked amazing, it made me really happy, and he won his last start.

I have to go back through all my notes, I think out of the CANTER horses listed this is who I saw:
Secretfairways
Barracuda Hayleigh
Asturias
Harley J
I missed one whole barn, we were there at 9 and were there until 2 and still missed a lot I wanted to see.

Ones already sold were (and had been before Sunday but not yet marked as sold), off the top of my head:
Final Knockout
Joe For Gin
Sinatra
Mont Juleps (same sire as my retired Prelim horse I really wanted to see him)
Mister Millu

There were more already sold, can't remember them though.

Ooh what did you think of Barracuda Haleigh?? She has the same sire as my 6yr old guy. She was one I was definitely considering going to see when I was still looking.

Hevonen
Feb. 23, 2010, 09:50 PM
I don't know... that grey Ms Cornerstone is *QUITE* a lovely type!!! I'd be interested to hear about her pedigree from the tb experts. I'm going to have to call the dealer and find out how much longer until my trailer is ready!!!!! :D I'm *really* sorry I couldn't go see Joe for Gin.

Yes, this is the grey I was referring to! She was my second pic after Joe for Gin, she's super nice! The only thing I didn't completely like was that her neck seemed a little on the short side to me. And the fact that she's grey... not a color thing, more because of the melanomas they get. But she IS niiice! I wish I could go out and look at her.

caffeinated
Feb. 24, 2010, 07:14 AM
If anyone else is looking, i saw this guy and thought he had the best face, and a really kind eye :) if i hadn't just bought a new pony last week id be very tempted! (he not perfect conformationally, maybe a bit toed in in the front, longish hind pasterns???, but its hard to tell from a picture... plus theres so much to be said for a horse with a kind eye!

http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1852:adorable-a-flashy-3-yr-old-gelding&catid=49:charlestown-trainer-listings&directory=302

He is SO SO SO sweet, too :) Very cuddly and I think will make a great kids horse when he's educated :) His trainer loves him, says he tries his little heart out but just "can't catch up" He's another one that makes me wish I was better with money, heh.

gahawkeye
Feb. 24, 2010, 08:37 AM
I have a Joe For Gin sibling. A 2002 model by Go For Gin out of Mollie's Creek, a Vandlandingham mare. He is fantastic mover, great jump, big uphill build. Raced till 5 (49 starts) had year turnout, year hacking and just started "school" late last summer. Sweet, sweet horse - big guy ~17HH.

Starting year with couple schooling shows, then probably Chatt Hills in April. JC name is Don Soloman, new show name is "Gin Creek".

If Joe For Gin has same brain as my guy, to go with that nice picture, whoever got him, got a good one.

Gry2Yng
Feb. 24, 2010, 09:57 PM
gahawkeye,
Did your horse race at Hawthorne Park in Chicago?

gry

gahawkeye
Feb. 25, 2010, 08:19 AM
Yes, I believe that is where he last raced.

Gry2Yng
Feb. 25, 2010, 06:17 PM
I have a picture of him right after he finished racing. Was making plans to go take a look at him and they kept racing him one more time. Was told that a trainer in IA bought him. Thought it was an event rider. Ended up buying a little mare instead. That was January 2008.

gahawkeye
Feb. 25, 2010, 09:18 PM
Yep, that trainer was my sister. He's been with us ever since. She just brought him down to Atlanta last week. He is now my project for a while... if we click, I'll keep him.

LAZ
Feb. 26, 2010, 12:02 AM
GA--Is this the awesome jumping one she brought to my place?

twistoffate
Feb. 26, 2010, 09:05 PM
Yes, this is the grey I was referring to! She was my second pic after Joe for Gin, she's super nice! The only thing I didn't completely like was that her neck seemed a little on the short side to me. And the fact that she's grey... not a color thing, more because of the melanomas they get. But she IS niiice! I wish I could go out and look at her.

I'm in love!! Where is she??

Hevonen
Feb. 27, 2010, 02:45 AM
In PA, though I don't know where - she's just listed under the PA trainers listings. You'd have to call the number listed on her add to find out more, sorry! :)

Ishi
Feb. 27, 2010, 08:27 AM
Ms Cornerstone, the grey filly, is at Penn National, and entered to run today.

BlueBobRadar
Feb. 28, 2010, 12:10 PM
http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?o...&directory=302

Anyone else remember Rock and Roll Roan from the fingerlakes listings/huge thread in Off Course back in December? Someone on here was going to by him and he got sold at the last minute to someone else. Maybe it's just me, but I think they look exactly alike/same horse???

piccolittle
Feb. 28, 2010, 12:24 PM
Anyone else think Ms Cornerstone looks a little behind at the knee? I always thought that was undesirable, but what do I know... thoughts on that?

(I know she's sold etc, just curious tho :cool:)

TxEventer81
Feb. 28, 2010, 02:29 PM
Anyone else think Ms Cornerstone looks a little behind at the knee? I always thought that was undesirable, but what do I know... thoughts on that?

(I know she's sold etc, just curious tho :cool:)

I personally don't think so but alas I'm not an expert :) I think in the pic on the left she's just not standing properly but her legs still look straight to me. In the one on the right she looks correct... but again I'm hardly an expert. lol

Does anyone know who bought her? The owner was really hard to get a hold of...

Ishi
Feb. 28, 2010, 02:56 PM
If anyone is looking at Penn for an event prospect, I LOVED Secretfairways. If I could have brought 2 home, he would have been on the trailer in a heartbeat. Very nice type and mentality I thought. I actually thought I was going to take him home too, so I didn't get pictures, but he is much, much, much nicer in person then the pics on CANTER, I thought he looked very straight behind in them, and in person he is not.

When I was there about half I looked at were not listed and there were 2 maybe 3 that that were fabulous event types as well, that I have pictures and notes on.

twistoffate
Feb. 28, 2010, 03:33 PM
I called and left a message for the trainer for Ms Cornerstone but never heard back..... :(

caffeinated
Feb. 28, 2010, 05:43 PM
Coincidence, I assure you :) this horse's name is 'afleet's pleasure'

Anyone else remember Rock and Roll Roan from the fingerlakes listings/huge thread in Off Course back in December? Someone on here was going to by him and he got sold at the last minute to someone else. Maybe it's just me, but I think they look exactly alike/same horse???

BlueBobRadar
Feb. 28, 2010, 06:41 PM
I thought so! :) I just love grays. :)

hearthorse
Feb. 28, 2010, 10:31 PM
Ishi,

Who did you end up getting?

Bluefish
Mar. 17, 2010, 03:47 PM
If anyone is looking at Penn for an event prospect, I LOVED Secretfairways. If I could have brought 2 home, he would have been on the trailer in a heartbeat. Very nice type and mentality I thought. I actually thought I was going to take him home too, so I didn't get pictures, but he is much, much, much nicer in person then the pics on CANTER, I thought he looked very straight behind in them, and in person he is not.

If you can get hold of his trainer. I tried for a week- left several messages etc, but never heard back so I gave up. I assumed he sold or was otherwise unavailable. On the plus side... that made my choice easy, so now Asturias in coming to live with me :D Now I just have to get him here- so feel free to pm with shipping recommendations between Penn and Columbus :)