PDA

View Full Version : Where are YOU going this year?

JollyBadger
Feb. 21, 2010, 01:52 PM
My boyfriend has to turn in his vacation/time off requests for work this week, so earlier today we sat down and looked at the calendar to decide when and where to go.

Last year wasn't so great for camping in this part of the country. I think we had rain (and not just a little) every trip we took, or it was just too hot and humid (and muddy). So, we're hoping for better weather this year.

The tentative plans are to do a combined trip to Midwest Trail Ride and Brown County in Indiana for one week. We're also looking into a week at Land Between the Lakes in KY, East Fork Stables/Big South Fork in Tennessee, and possibly the new horse camp at Mammoth Cave in KY. Of course, we'll do some "long weekend" trips throughout the year to places like Shawnee State Forest or Hocking Hills in Ohio, and plenty of day-rides in local parks in between.

A few of the people from the local saddle club have shown some interest in doing a competitive trail ride "just for fun" this year, so we may look into doing one of those as well.

The trailer hasn't even been de-winterized yet. . .but I'm already excited about getting back to camping again. . .this winter has just been too long!

What is everyone planning for this year?