PDA

View Full Version : Smarty Jones offspring?

ThirdCharm
Feb. 20, 2010, 06:34 PM
I guess Smarty Jones' oldest foals would be four this year.....? I have a 3 year old colt by him who is brilliant so far. Anyone else have or know of any of his racetrack rejects as event prospects?

Jennifer

Timex
Feb. 20, 2010, 10:27 PM
I galloped a smarty son last year that I would have liked to have as a riding prospect. Big, quarter-horsey, and a lot of fun to ride. Not the soundest thing, but with some time to grow and recuperate, he got better. Not sure where he ended up after Saratoga, but I doubt it was a racetrack. Lol. Not exactly a speed demon, that one. Lol. Luckily he has really good (not to mention terribly wealthy) owners, so I'm pretty sure that, worse case scenario, he's hanging out on their farm as a pasture ornament with the old pony horse they retired.

Feb. 21, 2010, 08:14 AM
My friend has one in her barn. He's on rest from track but going back. He's is super funny. Loves to have his tongue held. If you stand next to him, he sticks his tongue and will stand there forever like that if you hold it! Not too tall but super chunky.

brightskyfarm
Feb. 21, 2010, 09:04 AM
I groomed 2 at the track ... one is now on the farm recuperating. Lovely horses, and yes, chunky qh-types.
Super temperments and easy to work with.

There is a website for Smarty Jones on Facebook, with a side of his offsprings doings --- maybe you can keep track of some that way.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/smarty.jones?ref=search&sid=1065826240.645862426..1

HeyJealousy
Feb. 21, 2010, 12:00 PM
I've galloped several Smarty Jones colts and they are, as the other posters have said, very QH-sy and chunky. They are wonderful to work with, very playful and have big personalities. Once they understand that you are the bosswoman, they seem to respect you and trust you very much. One of the top five favorite horses I've galloped was a Smarty Jones. :)