PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing this weekend?

EventingChase
Feb. 19, 2010, 12:22 PM
So, Friday, lunch time- bored at work. It is supposed to be beautiful here in Georgia this weekend with temps in the 60s and sun all around, not to mention it has not rained all week long (knock on wood, crossing fingers).

I am antsy and itching to get out and maybe gallop in the field or take a jump lesson that does not involve dodging puddles! What are your weekend plans?

deltawave
Feb. 19, 2010, 12:23 PM
Working. :) Probably will have time to sneak in a ride or two if it's not too busy. Hubby and son are going skiing so if I do get some free time I can spend it guilt-free at the barn. :D Might do some grocery shopping, laundry and cooking if I can, but the order of things I wrote is the order of priority. :D

pegasusmom
Feb. 19, 2010, 12:42 PM
Schooling show for the 4 year old, pony torture - may drive maybe on the lunge, polocrosse practice on Sunday.

Trixie
Feb. 19, 2010, 12:44 PM
I do not wish to hear of this "60 and sunny" - in fact, I think I've forgotten what wearing T shirts feels like.

However, I did finally schedule a lesson - on someone else's horse, since our trailer won't be out for a while - so I'm excited about getting to ride on footing other than snow :)

cbsh13
Feb. 19, 2010, 12:46 PM
Oh EventingChase...why do you rub it in?? I will be moving in with you very soon sister and be out of cold Ky.

I will be studying traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and trauma OH MY! I LOVE high acuity nursing!!

I might sneak out for a ride on my pony in between rain and snow showers that are expected all weekend!! Hopefully the 20 bags of salt on the ring has worked its magic!

Molasses
Feb. 19, 2010, 12:51 PM
Taking new horse to the Beach!
16.1 6 year old gelding called Harry.
Brought him home last weekend as so far so good, this weekend we are going to really test the buttons and go for a gallop in company! Should be interesting. Mates on horseback are coming to either 'point and laugh' or join in the fun.
Can't wait:D
Hurry up Sunday!

missamandarose
Feb. 19, 2010, 12:53 PM
I'm planning on visiting my pony for the first time in two weeks and spending most of the weekend with him. :D

I'm also going to prep my garden for spring lettuces!

EventingChase
Feb. 19, 2010, 12:57 PM
I don't mean to rub it in to those of you still under the weather :) But we have had our fair share of nasty here in Ga including snow just last weekend :D

It makes me all the more anxious to get out from behind this desk and onto a horse!

A ride on the beach would be amazing, and the boyfriend and I are also planning some garden time this weekend as well!

Miss Kat
Feb. 19, 2010, 01:50 PM
Here in sunny Southern California, I will be going to a pony club group lesson tonight. I believe we're having a jumping lesson tonight.

Then on Saturday I am going to the Mary's Tack and Feed TENT SALE! I am in the market for a new helmet and I want to see if I can snag a Charles Owens JR8 for a good deal.

Finally on Sunday, I have a lesson with my trainer in the early afternoon, and a pony club mock show a bit later in the afternoon to teach the youngins' about going to shows.

Its supposed to rain on Saturday, so the Sunday activities may or may not be canceled. It all depends on how flooded the arenas get.

bornfreenowexpensive
Feb. 19, 2010, 02:26 PM
Taking new horse to the Beach!
16.1 6 year old gelding called Harry.
Brought him home last weekend as so far so good, this weekend we are going to really test the buttons and go for a gallop in company! Should be interesting. Mates on horseback are coming to either 'point and laugh' or join in the fun.
Can't wait:D
Hurry up Sunday!

Love it! maybe you will get to point and laugh at some of your friends!

I'm having a torture/dressage lesson with the green horse and then maybe jump him for the first time in many months.....should be some laughs for anyone watching! Still too much snow and ice outside to escape the indoor...but happy that I have access to an indoor. Then digging out the trailer so I can move my VERY preggo mare to the farm she will be foaling at......time is ticking on that one so I really need to get her moved!

jump4me
Feb. 19, 2010, 02:39 PM
I'm working, and have to ship a mare to another farm, about 2.5 hours drive each way... with most of the roads still half-covered with anywhere from several inches to a few feet of drifted snow, should be fun... :no: and I have to do school work, I have a big exam on Monday and a paper due Tuesday. Hopefully I can squeeze in a ride or 2 :eek: wouldn't that be nice??

Jleegriffith
Feb. 19, 2010, 02:40 PM
Off to Delaware Park tomorrow morning to take some track listings and then home in the afternoon to ride the barefooters. Trip to the indoor to ride the other two.

Sunday- hope to get 4+ horses ridden in some fashion. It is supposed to be mid 40's here this weekend but that means lots of melting snow which creates mud.

Hoping for some windy warm weather to ry it all up.

asterix
Feb. 19, 2010, 03:15 PM
gosh, let me see, I can't remember, ......

oh, right!

riding in the indoor.

again.

thanks for rubbing it in.

(I won't bore you with the whole, can't go anywhere, trailer stuck behind 8 foot mound of plowed snow, and, oh, yeah, the 1/2 mile driveway covered in black ice between the field and the indoor).

I am SO over this it's not even funny.

wildlifer
Feb. 19, 2010, 03:25 PM
XC schooling tomorrow, then riding in the mountains on Sunday -- hooray for the end of dark and cold!

ThirdCharm
Feb. 19, 2010, 04:30 PM
Saturday: having breakfast with hubby, then coming home to ride my Training horse, both my 3 year olds, working both of them on the triangle to get ready for FEH next weekend.... then teaching a lesson, riding a 3 yo I bred that belongs to a client, teaching another lesson.... probably try to fit in a few more rides before dark.

Sunday: Cross-country schooling at Gibbes Farm with my Training horse and soem clients!! Whooooohhooooo!

Jennifer

RiverBendPol
Feb. 19, 2010, 04:51 PM
Just got home from doing our Paradise Farm HT dressage tests. About to go walk courses. SJ tomorrow, XC Sunday. :)

Janet
Feb. 19, 2010, 05:06 PM
1. Digging out my van and trailer, so I can get the emission inspection, so I can renew the registration.

2- Mucking the vast quantity of manure under the barn overhang- with reduced access to the manure pile, I haven't been able to attack it since before the snow, and with all the snow thay have spent MUCH more time than usual under the overhang

3- If there is any time left before dark, I might try to ride/pony them up and down the driveway and the street. The snow is just TOO heavy to try to ride in.

4-Look at the omnibus listings, and figure out what is the earliest I might possibly have a horse ready to compete.

FLeckenAwesome
Feb. 19, 2010, 06:08 PM
Figures....Holly's week off equals snow storm, rain, freezing cold weather, and horrible horrible blow you off your horse winds. Still... I managed to ride a few times. Hollys' week to work equals.... sunny warm dry weather! Doh...

But... I'm tough, (or psycho) so I'm going to work three overnights in a row (2 down 1 to go) then go straight home tomorrow am and load up the pony to head to FG for a XC school, then dinner with a friend. Then Sunday I have a dressage lesson and then go back to work for three more overnights in a row.

How's Paradise going?! And ooooh, Fleck and I desperately want to go beach riding!!! Have a great time!!

And Jennifer...which FEH are you going to?! Good luck and have fun!

RunForIt
Feb. 19, 2010, 06:19 PM
Figures....Holly's week off equals snow storm, rain, freezing cold weather, and horrible horrible blow you off your horse winds. Still... I managed to ride a few times. Hollys' week to work equals.... sunny warm dry weather! Doh...

But... I'm tough, (or psycho) so I'm going to work three overnights in a row (2 down 1 to go) then go straight home tomorrow am and load up the pony to head to FG for a XC school, then dinner with a friend. Then Sunday I have a dressage lesson and then go back to work for three more overnights in a row.

How's Paradise going?! And ooooh, Fleck and I desperately want to go beach riding!!! Have a great time!!

And Jennifer...which FEH are you going to?! Good luck and have fun!

Just checked the Paradise Farm HT results, Fleck - Denise is in 9th and Nancy is tied for 7th in a BIG division!!!!
http://www.evententries.com/livescoring/14314.html

This weekend, I'm gonna be feeding Witchy carrots, worming her over the stall door (she's SOOO easy), brushing her head and neck, telling myself as I walk up and down the driveway on two legs I'm in good company (think Asterix, retreadeventer, ZEBE :D and so many more of you on your horsies ), hoping madly that the next 4 weeks FLY by, and simply being happy to be outside...walking. :cool:

yellowbritches
Feb. 19, 2010, 06:25 PM
I don't mean to rub it in to those of you still under the weather :) But we have had our fair share of nasty here in Ga including snow just last weekend :D

It makes me all the more anxious to get out from behind this desk and onto a horse!

A ride on the beach would be amazing, and the boyfriend and I are also planning some garden time this weekend as well!

I saw pictures of the GA "snow". That's NOT snow. :lol:

I plan on working, as usual. However, the boss has to take a friend's son to the dressage show at Morven tomorrow (he teaches the kid...kid has indoor! grrrr), and since Vernon nearly jumped out of the ring (where he was turned out) and loaded himself into the trailer this afternoon while we were getting it ready, I think I'm going to load him up and take him along and play a little in the warm up...maybe see if I can sneak into the ring during a break. Hopefully, we won't have too many shenanigans that could risk upsetting the DQs! :lol: It'll be nice to be on a horse, and I'm sure he'll like doing something other than tormenting his pals and standing around being bored.

EventingChase
Feb. 19, 2010, 07:27 PM
Oh, I don't disagree with you! What we got in snow is nothing! However, it does exemplify the kind of erratic weather we have been having this winter. If its not snow its rain, then wind, then cold, then possibly a tornado, then more rain! I have actually not lost that many riding days as it is still doable in the weather we have..... but, I am thrilled to have some VERY nice weather to ride in this weekend!

FLeckenAwesome
Feb. 19, 2010, 07:32 PM
Whooo hooo!! That's awesome about Nancy and Denise!!! I'll go check now and see who else is where :)

Have a great time...Sure you don't want to join us Kerry? It'll be fun!!!!

retreadeventer
Feb. 19, 2010, 07:33 PM
Oh THAT weather....we call that spring....:)

FLeckenAwesome
Feb. 19, 2010, 07:39 PM
Whoo hooo!! Cindy's in third :)

Oh no...How did Corrine Ashton get eliminated in dressage? Guess her pony was naughty and jumped out?!? Doh!

Nicky's in first with Albey :) Alissa's in 4th at TN :) How cool!

And whoo hoo. Nice scores for Nancy and Denise :)

RunForIt
Feb. 19, 2010, 07:52 PM
Whoo hooo!! Cindy's in third :)

Oh no...How did Corrine Ashton get eliminated in dressage? Guess her pony was naughty and jumped out?!? Doh!

Nicky's in first with Albey :) Alissa's in 4th at TN :) How cool!

And whoo hoo. Nice scores for Nancy and Denise :)

It's neat Lellie's running a TN division - happy to see Parker and Allissa doing well. Allissa's special at RFI Farm! Glad to see all the rest do well too. Cindy's OTTB has the funniest "arrival from the track" story...:cool:

FLeckenAwesome
Feb. 19, 2010, 09:01 PM
Uh oh.. I hadn't heard that story!!! Must find out!! Cindy's hilarious enough herself, I bet it's a great story.

Yeah... I am tempted to try P/T sorta soon. That prelim test looks fun!!!! Of course the one I watched was in a big arena cause of the snow and such at PT, but still :)

EventingChase
Feb. 19, 2010, 09:25 PM
I would love a x-country school and I am sure Chase could use an outing before we event, umm, next weekend :) However, I picked up a shift tomorrow night and have to be in at 4PM. We will have to make do with cantering in and out of the H20 at home! You guys have fun though.

Whooo hooo!! That's awesome about Nancy and Denise!!! I'll go check now and see who else is where :)

Have a great time...Sure you don't want to join us Kerry? It'll be fun!!!!

CBudFrggy
Feb. 19, 2010, 09:26 PM
Just think--it's almost daylight savings time, and we can ride after work! :)

Mariequi
Feb. 19, 2010, 09:35 PM
Will scribe for SJ at Paradise Sat. Was going to FJ Sun. but one-person barn makes it hard to be in place by 6:45. Hope to be a cheerleader some on Sun. This is the first weekend since Jan. 2 that it hasn't been rainy and cold, so trying to get barn things done that were on hold, go through storage unit and see if some items really did get here with me before I replace them! Should have some nekkid horses tomorrow. Would like to hit them with the vacuum.

FLeckenAwesome
Feb. 19, 2010, 09:36 PM
Where are you going next weekend? I forgot :)

I'm TRYING to get off so I can go do Sporting Days to try and get that 4th (potential) NQR but... I doubt I can get someone to cover my shift. And I can't exactly call in sick... so.. :(

Have fun galloping :)

And yeah.. It has been staying lighter longer :)

ksbadger
Feb. 19, 2010, 11:17 PM
Have just driven up here to St. Louis for the Area IV Annual Meeting - in rain not the predicted snow. The previous Area Chair can't make it (nursing a sick pony) so tomorrow I get to go solo....

quietann
Feb. 19, 2010, 11:23 PM
What I thought I was going to be doing was riding maresy outside both days because it will FINALLY be warm-ish, and Sunday's ride would include some hanging out at the barn's jumper schooling show just letting her look at stuff and realize that the porta-john isn't going to eat her.

Instead... I have a horse who's facing surgery for a very inflamed suspensory ligament :cry: She's been NQR for a while, and we finally know what's going on. So I'll groom her and love on her each day, and help set jumps at the schooling show.

tuppysmom
Feb. 19, 2010, 11:40 PM
Running around with my hair on fire! Taking care of last minute legal/probate stuff, meeting with people wanting to purchase my parents' life, packing the trailer for the first outing of the year for the "big guy" and his pals, meeting with web helpers on Sunday to get the website updated, washing and hanging out the horse laundry, clipping horses so we don't look so redneck when we get to CA. Grocery shopping for the LQ and also for those left at home, and OMGIH one of the Hondas has a flat tire, can I find a place to fix in on a Saturday/in one day? Will be on the phone early tomorrow.

In packing the trailer I found a bottle of Balsamic Vinegar that had broken in the cabinet, right next to the upside down bottle of Maple syrup! A little side track with a bucket of hot water.

Oh well, the bed sheets are clean and we can always eat out. So I will consentrate on horse feed/tack/ and Woodford Reserve.

Oh ya, gotta call the hay guy, he was supposed to deliver this week and hasn't been here yet.

Have the health certs loaded so it's all good!

Oh crap, I forgot to call the overnight place for Monday night.....

slp2
Feb. 20, 2010, 12:42 AM
Lets see. There is a dressage clinic at my barn tomorrow. I am riding both my girls and of course there is lots of eating involved because everyone brings food! Then, an old work buddy and I are having "Cheesy Horse Movie Night". Yep--she is bringing over International Velvet (I have never seen) and I have "Sylvester" (The cheesiest eventing movie _ ever.) :D And all of the above activities are completely guilt-free because hubby is out of town (headed to Seattle for a conference at Red Hook Brewery--very tough for him) I haven't figured out Sunday yet, but probably doing laundry and of course, riding. Still have snow, but it was sunny out today and my old girl is shedding like crazy. She must think that spring is around the corner!!!

oharabear
Feb. 20, 2010, 02:41 AM
My friend and I are hauling our horses to the nearby state park and going trail riding in..... 10 hours. :yes:

Then on Sunday I might be going with her to look at a couple of stallions, which I am also excited about!

redears
Feb. 20, 2010, 06:41 AM
Unmounted eventing clinic. It's supporting an organization I don't necessarily support, but a younger girl from the barn wanted to go and doesn't want to go alone, so we are going together :) Should be a good time, will check out a fun tack shop in the area.

piaffeprincess98
Feb. 20, 2010, 07:32 AM
I will be nursing my right side, which is sore from a slip on the ice yesterday when I took my horse to an indoor. I'll push through the pain first to ride up and down the driveway. Was entered at the Morven show, but haven't ridden in an arena in 3 weeks up until yesterday.

Then I will take my Minis for a walk because they can only walk on the path through the snow that we've plowed for them. They are itching to get out.

Then I'll start hand-shoveling spots in the ring with snow on them so my track that I plowed will be rideable.

Finally, I'll plop down in front of the tv and actually rest my sore right side. Same thing tomorrow unless it rains.

retreadeventer
Feb. 20, 2010, 10:07 AM
L, you didn't break a rib - did you? How sore are you? (Hope not!)

quietann
Feb. 20, 2010, 10:20 AM
Then I will take my Minis for a walk because they can only walk on the path through the snow that we've plowed for them. They are itching to get out.

awww, poor little guys! They must be going crazy. My mare's breeders have a mini as a "seeing eye horse" for her sire, and a week or two ago the little guy took a flying leap into the snow and got stuck! They are in MD and had about 4 feet of snow total.

PS -- seconded on the broken rib question. There's not a lot to be done for them, but the good drugs help, if you're into that sort of pain relief...

yellowbritches
Feb. 20, 2010, 10:31 AM
I'm very excited. We got the horses out to the pastures today!!!! :D The mares are still in the ring, but that's because we need heavy equipment to bust up the snow mound at their gate (it is right off the drive, so I think it got plowed in). TWO weeks of stalls and limited turnout in the ring. However, you'd think they'd be more excite. Instead their all like "This is HARD WORK. At least we had paths in the ring." :lol:

To understand why it took so long to get them out, two of our pastures, where a great majority of the horses go out, are on the farthest side of the farm and it was impossible for man or beast to WALK that far until sometime yesterday. Another field is a fast descent to the bottom of the field, and the snow had drifted up into the hill, making the snow really deep in parts. I'm so glad they are out!!!

I didn't go to the show. :no: More practical to stay here, and it was a good thing I did. Our hay delivery arrived moments after the boss pulled out, and heavy equipment was needed to move snow around so the truck could get up to the hayloft doors. I was able to bat eye lashes and get one of the landlord's guys to come up with the big old skidloader and shovel the area out.

I hate winter. :mad:

piaffeprincess98
Feb. 20, 2010, 11:06 AM
L, you didn't break a rib - did you? How sore are you? (Hope not!)

Oh gosh no. I was going around to the put the ramp down on the trailer and landed kind of my my butt, and put my right arm out to take the brunt of the fall. So my right shoulder and butt hurt!

asterix
Feb. 20, 2010, 01:33 PM
ouch! sorry, piaffe -- you'll be ok in a few days; I'm like twice your age and my butt is better now from the accidental luge-ponying incident on Tuesday.

YB, congrats!!! That is great news indeed!!!!1

We also had a milestone today -- the BO plowed out the lower gate, which is a zillion times closer to the indoor than the upper gate -- and he drove the tractor in the field from there up to snowland, the cleared area near the shed/hay where they have been living.

We turned my guys out at the "new" gate (no more iceskating BOTH ways....) and they immediately found the tractor tracks and went trotting merrily off back to their buddies.

I think I can do sets in those tracks :D:D

pharmgirl
Feb. 20, 2010, 01:51 PM
asterix- The lower gate is plowed?! Yay! :)

No more taking 3 hrs just to bring in/turn out after riding. I think we have health program on Monday to thank for that :).

I was going to ride this weekend after finally getting cleared after hardware removal, but apparently my horse had different plans and pulled a shoe :rolleyes:.

asterix
Feb. 20, 2010, 02:14 PM
did he really???
Yikes, he needs to be punished for that!

yes, life immediately got better when we did NOT have to take them all the way back up to the other gate.

And then I came home and took the dog to the park...where I saw...wait for it....

grass.

Green grass.

Spring is coming, girls, hang on!!!!

RunForIt
Feb. 20, 2010, 02:42 PM
did he

And then I came home and took the dog to the park...where I saw...wait for it....

grass.

Green grass.

Spring is coming, girls, hang on!!!!

:D :cool: I did wait, simply from how I wss scrolling and...

priceless.

deltawave
Feb. 20, 2010, 05:35 PM
Man, I got lucky today. Work was relatively un-busy, my own barn was relatively clean, and so I spent THREE hours at the barn where my "working" horses are, pulling manes, trimming noses, riding. Ahhhhhhhh. :)

DLee
Feb. 20, 2010, 05:37 PM
I discovered pelleted bedding. My stalls are DRY. Omg, I wish I had known about this before. And this thanks to a COTH thread. Thank you!

DLee
Feb. 20, 2010, 05:46 PM
[QUOTE=tuppysmom;4699231]

Oh well, the bed sheets are clean and we can always eat out. So I will consentrate on horse feed/tack/ and Woodford Reserve.

QUOTE]

Tuppysmom,
You guys show up to Rolex and I will make sure there is Woodford for you. :yes:

HorsesinHaiti
Feb. 20, 2010, 07:47 PM
, and simply being happy to be outside...walking. :cool:

RunforIt, we're simply majorly happy you're outside and...walking!

Here this weekend, we're testing horse treats on the mare and foal and introducing the concept, "having your head restrained does not mean Something is about to Eat you:eek: (though it may mean said Something = you eat treats:):yes:)"

pharmgirl
Feb. 21, 2010, 09:37 AM
Yes, asterix, he did.:no: In his defense, he is WAY overdue to be shod (thank you Snowmageddon) and he did it on the first decently warm day where everything started turning mushy. At least the barn workers found it so we can hopefully reuse the nice snow pad he had on! Farrier is coming Monday, snow showers and rain be damned.

And, yes, he will be punished- in the form of both me AND mythical riding him now!! bwahaha

I also saw that green foliage type product on the ground :lol:. Mostly next to my driveway and such, but it's good know it's still there somewhere!

yellowbritches
Feb. 21, 2010, 11:00 AM
Well, total hooliganism reigned yesterday. :eek:

For the most part, everyone was well behaved. Except the boys in fat camp and the girls. I thought they'd be ok, as they shared a fence line. Just ONE day, they needed to share a fence line. No such luck.

The boys and girls all mingled over the fence. OK. That wasn't so bad. At some point, mid day, I looked out and everything was fine. Then I looked out a few minutes later and they had knocked down three rails and broken two in half! :eek: I went to try and capture the girls, but they were having none of it, so I threw everyone involved more hay, hoping to distract them from each other.

That lasted for awhile, and then, at one point I hear a crack, as if someone had kicked the fence, and looked out to see Mr. Moose cantering across the ring. Yes, he jumped into the ring to get to the girls. :mad: He is a VERY determined boy (routinely breaks out of things just by bulling his way through), and I guess he was extremely determined to get to know the girls better.

He is typically a horse that if he thinks he's going in or out (doesn't matter, as long as it isn't where he currently is), he's beating down the gate/door/friends to be the first to go to the new place. Not so much yesterday. Even with food, he very reluctantly came over to me and allowed me to put him in his stall. Girls were next. BFG and the Elephant stayed out for awhile longer as punishment for being naughty (poor Elephant was only guilty by association. BFG and his baby brother, Mr. Moose, are VERY BAD BOYS!).

The boss got back and had to spend an hour rebuilding the fence, and the first thing he did today was get heavy equipment and dug out the girls' paddock gate.

I'm SO ready for spring! :lol:

PS- In all of that hooliganism, the biggest causality was a chunk of the BFG's tail got ripped out. No blood on ANYONE...thank goodness.

SparklePlenty
Feb. 21, 2010, 11:26 AM
well after not having ridden for almost 3 weeks due to snow and a muscle pull i made it out yesterday and found out that the bad pony has a loose shoe. :sigh: so i guess a few more days till the farrier gets out wont hurt right?? I mean whats a month off in the winter right?? The worst part is i have an indoor - this is not my month. :(

Our goal is redlands.. at least our goal right now.

piaffeprincess98
Feb. 21, 2010, 03:38 PM
Well, my ring looks mostly brown now instead of white! I'm able to go around the track that's melted. After the rain tomorrow, it should be good to go. I'm feeling optimistic about jumping this week.

deltawave
Feb. 21, 2010, 05:04 PM
Today's ambition was going to be tackling the UNBELIEVABLE pile of poop that has accumulated around the horse porch. The pregnant mare is not only a bottomless pit of food consumption, but the laws of nature dictate that what goes in . . . must come out. She's a poop factory! My other horses, who in all fairness have been here longer, are tame (unlike preggo girl who is "feral" at best) and know the routine, poop in the horse porch, where it's easy to scoop as it's bedded like a stall. This mare likes to make mounds in corners. Now that the snow has melted a bunch it's shocking to see all that poop! :eek: :lol:

Alas, the weather and heart disease gods conspired . . . up half the night with a couple of sick 'uns and now too damn tired to lift a pitchfork. AND we're going to get a foot of snow tomorrow. Ah well, at least the poop will be buried again. :D

Couture TB
Feb. 21, 2010, 05:48 PM
Calling on ponies for sale for a student, and arranging trials on a few. Fun Fun. Actually one of the ponies is one that I bred and trained 10 9 years ago! How is that for odd?

lizajane09
Feb. 21, 2010, 05:58 PM
This weekend was a combination of Rocking Horse HT and Operation Catnip (low-cost spaying/neutering of feral cats) - good time overall! Especially since the bay mare and I had a blast out x-c yesterday :). Now we just need to work on that dressage...

redears
Feb. 22, 2010, 03:36 AM
Eventing clinic was just okay, two speakers, one a trainer and one a sports psychologist were wonderful! Another one, who is a trainer at a big eventing barn, um, not so much. She was talking about the rulebook and I had to correct her several times, she didn't know the rules upon that she didn't admit so, so she was giving the wrong information to people just starting out in the sport. I mean, geez, I ride beginner novice, but I know the rules, and I also know what a drop noseband is.

missamandarose
Feb. 22, 2010, 10:57 AM
I actually got to ride Alfie two days in a row. Un-freaking-believeable! And he was so, SO good. For a special horse with anxiety about nearly everything... and having not been consistantly worked for months... I was so happy with him. He even dozed off while I was getting everything situated for lunge-ing

And for good measure I went to the driving range with hubby yesterday afternoon, and the dogs went to the dog park twice.

But the weather gods have deemed us unworthy of more than two nice days in a row... today its miserable, grey and damp.