PDA

View Full Version : Pony Club near Tuscaloosa, AL?

Duramax
Feb. 18, 2010, 10:50 PM
One of my students is at Univ. of Alabama and wants to stay active in PC while in school. Does anyone know the nearest club? Contact info would be great! Is it considered South region or Deep South? Thanks. :)

eventerchick517
Feb. 18, 2010, 11:32 PM
I'm not sure what region it's considered, but the USPC website should have a list of local clubs and their contact info! :)

greyiscute
Feb. 19, 2010, 03:33 PM
Hey Duramax!

In terms of AL clubs, Cahaba of the South Region in Birmingham is probably the closest. It is huge right now to and very active with lots and lots of C3s and Bs and such. The DC is Jodi Lee. Let me know if you need her contact info...

I don't know if there would be a closer club in Mississippi, which would be considered Deep South...

There is also Pinchona in Montgomery, but they mostly operate on the east side of town, so it would be a bit far from Tuscaloosa. They are small this year, but really gung ho and super fun. Most of them are young/lower level.

Do you remember Mary McManus? She's in Tuscaloosa right now in grad school. She doesn't have a horse there at the moment, but she would at least be a PC person in town for your student if she needed anything...

On a side note, I've been meaning to call you...I'm RIC this year and thinking of trying to do some unmounted clinics this fall and was wondering if you would be interested. I'm trying to bring in new blood! :)