PDA

View Full Version : What size is your saddle??

Rescue_Rider9
Feb. 18, 2010, 09:39 AM
I am hoping to sell my AP saddle in March and finally buy a dressage saddle. As bad I want another wintec saddle (because of the changable gullets that seem to work really well for my horse), I dont know for sure if I will be able to afford what I want, plus, I really like leather. I have a tack cleaning fetish! Both of my horses in somewhere between Medium wide, wide, and extra wide gullet settings. Right now I have it set on wide, but I have a feeling that I will be putting in the extra wide again this summer (it seems the horses are more in shape in summer.. go figure!). Should i get a wide saddle? I haven't bought a saddle where the size actually matters in a long time, so I dont even know what I am shopping for!

wildlifer
Feb. 18, 2010, 09:50 AM
I think it would be best if you could work with a saddle fitter on this one. All saddle sizes are not created equal and there is more to it than just the gullet. I have the Wintec dressage pro and have found it a great saddle -- if the adjustable gullets are working for your horse, why not just pick up one of these? I bought mine new with fittings for about $500, I think it was an 08 model, so its definitely affordable!

Rescue_Rider9
Feb. 18, 2010, 09:58 AM
$500?! Really? I will have to spend what I get for my AP saddle, and I am selling it for around $350ish so that is my price range. I have looked mostly at the isabell and it is soooo pricey! I just cant spend $1000 on a saddle at this point in my life. Maybe I should check ebay for the pro!! Thats exciting!

eponacowgirl
Feb. 18, 2010, 10:18 AM
Two of my friends bought Isabels at the last consignment sale for $350.

Rescue_Rider9
Feb. 18, 2010, 10:19 AM
Consignment sale where?!

eponacowgirl
Feb. 18, 2010, 10:33 AM
“Horse Stuff” Consignment Sale
ANYTHING Horse Related!!!

100 Saddle Springs Blvd.; Thompsons Stations, TN 37179

Drop off dates:
Sunday Feb 21st 12:00 pm– 5:00 pm
Monday Feb 22nd 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm

Pre-Sale: Consignors Only to Shop
Thursday February 25th 5:00 pm– 8:00 pm

Open to the Public Sale:
Friday Feb 26th 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday Feb 27th 9:00 am – 5:00 pm

Pick Up Date/ 1 Day ONLY!:
Sunday February 28th 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Any items not picked up by 5:00 Sunday will be considered a donation!

To obtain a seller # email:
Peppy Butler; (615) 812-3728; Pwbutler@hotmail.com

Beth Bankemper; (615)364-7525; bbankemper@bellsouth.net

The Jaeckle Center ; 100 Saddle Springs Blvd.; Thompson’s Station, TN 37179
• From I-840 take exit #34 Peytonsville-Trinity Road.
• Turn south. Go STRAIGHT through the stop sign just 100’ ahead of you. You are now on Cool Springs Road.
• Continue until it dead ends in 1.7 miles. Turn LEFT onto Bethesda-Arno Road.
• The main entrance to The Jaeckle Center is just past the white farm house on your left. Can’t miss it!

deltawave
Feb. 18, 2010, 07:40 PM
There are a fair number of leather saddles that come with adjustable gullets, I think.

Make sure you are not just guessing at fit, though, and horses DO change. My mare who's TEN this year has suddenly morphed into a horse that requires a narrow tree. And she's built like a TANK otherwise.

piggiponiis
Feb. 18, 2010, 08:23 PM
Is "fat ass" a size? - o sorry. You meant a horse size . . .

Rescue_Rider9
Feb. 18, 2010, 09:49 PM
There are a fair number of leather saddles that come with adjustable gullets, I think.

Make sure you are not just guessing at fit, though, and horses DO change. My mare who's TEN this year has suddenly morphed into a horse that requires a narrow tree. And she's built like a TANK otherwise.

Can't afford the leather saddles that adjust.. I think I am heading in the Wintec pro dressage direction.

CBudFrggy
Feb. 19, 2010, 06:28 AM
Is "fat ass" a size? - o sorry. You meant a horse size . . .

LOL--Time to get mine off the computer and get to the barn. But really, I should have coffee spewed all over my laptop right now, but was too lazy to make it. :lol: