PDA

View Full Version : Oooh, cute helmets! Anybody have one?

eventer_mi
Feb. 16, 2010, 09:13 PM
These are the new Ovation helets: http://www.victorycanter.com/Ovation-Helmets-p-1-c-1208.html

Adorable! And priced right! Not that I need yet ANOTHER helmet, but anybody know how they fit a round head? Most helmets do not fit me - the Tipperary is too oval, and most of the CO ones are as well, although I have a J3 skull that fits like a dream. My IRH fits well, too, but I'm drooling over this one in a black/navy: http://www.victorycanter.com/Ovation-Sync-Helmet-p-22272.html

CookiePony
Feb. 16, 2010, 09:21 PM
I tried the Extreme on at the USEA convention and liked it-- I have a *slightly* oval head.

Rescue_Rider9
Feb. 16, 2010, 09:22 PM
I just saw those yesterday! I couldnt decide if I liked them or not. I think I do! Not that I need another helmet either.. I love mine to death, but when it gets killed, I may look into this one.

ACMEeventing
Feb. 16, 2010, 10:24 PM
Hey . . . is that a real model wearing those helmets or a computer generated "look how pretty I am in a helmet" model? Nobody's forehead looks that small, or eyebrows that perfect, in a helmet.

I, for one, am not falling for it!

Now if it only came in gunsmoke . . .

cllane1
Feb. 17, 2010, 09:13 AM
I really like them too, and what a great price! I may get one for schooling shows this summer.

circusponydreams
Feb. 17, 2010, 09:36 AM
They look really sharp for the price, but I noticed they have a dial to adjust the fit. I hate those!

RiverBendPol
Feb. 17, 2010, 12:24 PM
Hahaha...I gotta say, "cute" and "adorable" are NOT words I like to use to describe something that should be preventing my incurring a traumatic brain injury. :)

eventer_mi
Feb. 17, 2010, 01:28 PM
Hahaha...I gotta say, "cute" and "adorable" are NOT words I like to use to describe something that should be preventing my incurring a traumatic brain injury. :)

Traumatic brain injury is NOT cute and adorable - we're agreed on that. :lol:

Still, if I CAN be cute and adorable and protect my head at the same time, why not?

RiverBendPol
Feb. 17, 2010, 05:39 PM
Traumatic brain injury is NOT cute and adorable - we're agreed on that. :lol:

Still, if I CAN be cute and adorable and protect my head at the same time, why not?

Hahaha. Cute and adorable have never been applied to ME either!!:lol::lol::winkgrin:

deltawave
Feb. 17, 2010, 07:02 PM
Yep, they have those awful dials. :dead: They are nice looking, but I like helmets that come in A SIZE, to fit my head, not "adjustable" fitting ones.

eventer_mi
Feb. 18, 2010, 08:01 AM
Argh. I hate those dials, too. I guess I have a reason to talk myself out of a helmet now - sigh.

What I really need is a GPA - they're the only helmet I've found that really, truly, honestly fits my round-as-a-beachball head. I can't justify the price, though, so I make do with something that sort of fits and add padding to compensate.

atouchofclass
Feb. 18, 2010, 07:11 PM
I tried one on today and the dial to fit on this helmet is actually very comfortable
Most of the so called sized helmets have fit pads to make them fit so they never really seem to fit. This helmet seems to fit like a glove.. So ended up buying the Extreme.

LARGEBORE
Feb. 19, 2010, 07:04 AM
Nice helmets. I saw them at the convention as well... they really are very trim and balanced well on my head. Just feels verys natural like the helmet is part of me rather than the feeling of having a helmet perched up on top of my head.

LOVE THIS SPORT
Feb. 19, 2010, 10:37 AM
They are cool. Do any tack shops carry them or do I have to buy them on-line ?

kookicat
Feb. 19, 2010, 03:57 PM
They are cute. :)

Xanthoria
Feb. 19, 2010, 04:03 PM
Hey, has a removeable visor too - would work with a helmet cover!

Dramapony_misty
Feb. 19, 2010, 04:16 PM
Hey . . . is that a real model wearing those helmets or a computer generated "look how pretty I am in a helmet" model? Nobody's forehead looks that small, or eyebrows that perfect, in a helmet.

I, for one, am not falling for it!

Now if it only came in gunsmoke . . .

I think those images are real. If they weren't, they would all be identical except for different helmets on the woman's head. My fiance is a graphic designer and part-time photographer and he said it would be near impossible to shoot the helmets from all those angles and then fit them on a pre-shot head without it looking a bit odd.

I like the low-profileness of them. I always look stupid in the "bubble head" helmets like GPA. I think I just might need to invest. Now if only they came in velvet. *sigh* I guess that's what velvet covers are for.

Personal Champ
Feb. 19, 2010, 04:22 PM
They are really comfy, and I am anti-dial, too. But this dial is unobtrusive and really fits the helmet nicely to your head. And it doesn't make me look like a bobble head doll, a nice bonus.

I had them on at AETA, too.

Xanthoria
Feb. 19, 2010, 04:29 PM
I tried the Extreme on at the USEA convention and liked it-- I have a *slightly* oval head.

I have a very oval head - think they'd work?

Are they all the same shape?