PDA

View Full Version : Central Virginia YEH/FEH Competition in Mid-June: would you prefer Sat or Sun?

Groro
Feb. 15, 2010, 09:01 PM
I'm trying to organized a YEH/FEH competition at my farm between Charlottesville and Richmond near Zion Crossroads. I plan to have it the weekend before Surefire and am wondering if folks would rather compete on Saturday or Sunday as I have a choice of dates. I also plan to have an unrecognized combined test on the day I don't have the USEA rec. YEH/FEH competition.

I want to accommodate as many folks as I can that would like an outing for their babies in Area II.

I had Todd Richardson build a fabulous bank and a water complex last summer so we will have some fun things for horses to play on.

Any suggestions or comments are appreciated?

What do you like or dislike about these? I've been to about 10 of them including the finals at the AEC's, so I'm hoping to incorporate some of my ideas into this.

midnightride
Feb. 15, 2010, 09:29 PM
OH i am SOOOOOO there!!!!!

as to day.... humm.... really either is fine and since you are planning on both YEH and a CT I would hope to come both days. (and you are close!!)

This is exciting!!!! since the winter weather we are having and my time during the summer is limited for going to the big events this would be a nice way to get everyone out!!!

LMK if you need any help!!!!
:D:D

whew I feel better now;) William was as been such a butthead without work.... :no::no::no: he snagged a branch off a tree and was beating poor Boogaloo around the field with it!!!! She got to spend the night in and i put his wild butt back out:winkgrin:

this snow HAS TO STOP!!!!

retreadeventer
Feb. 15, 2010, 10:11 PM
Will you be able to supply stabling on grounds, and if not, is there stabling nearby, and by nearby, I mean how close? And what about hotels near the facility, too. We only have one FEH, but if there is additional "stuff" for our older green horses I would tell the owners about it. What levels would you offer in the CT, and can you also talk about footing -- is everything on grass or would there be surfaced rings for what divisions?
Thanks.

inquisitive
Feb. 16, 2010, 08:36 AM
I'm at a friend's wedding that weekend so won't be there but in general I prefer Saturdays because if Sundays run late it's a PITA going to work on Monday. The good news is the only HT the weekend before Surefire is on a Sunday, so you wouldn't conflict with that either if you ran Saturday.

While most of the FEH run on Fridays, which can be a pain to get off work, it's nice to not have to decide between riding and showing the baby if it's at two different HTs, or if scheduling won't allow for both.

Here's some old threads on FEH (unfortunately you can't search on three letters) which have a lot of likes/dislikes:

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=220655

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=216041

I had Todd Richardson build a fabulous bank and a water complex last summer so we will have some fun things for horses to play on.

One thing I'd love is to allow "xc schooling" for the FEH too. Allow handlers to take their baby through the water or whatever, since they're already there!