PDA

View Full Version : Pasture boarding in Raleigh/Durham

GreyStreet
Feb. 15, 2010, 01:10 PM
Can anyone recommend barns offering pasture boarding in the area? I know of all the main barns in the area (MacNairs, etc.) but am looking for a slightly smaller barn with a more personalized atmosphere. Horse is an older, seasoned mare who does well in a mixed herd and is fairly low on the totem pole. Looking for an arena, preferably with lights, and access to trails. Most importantly, GREAT care. Willing to travel 30 plus minutes around the area but would prefer closer to the western side of Raleigh/Durham.

Thanks!

piaffequeen
Feb. 15, 2010, 07:19 PM
i'd check Craigslist, NC HOrse or go to one of the local tack shops such as M & M which is on McNairs or Triangle Horse Sports.

Jeannette, formerly ponygyrl
Feb. 15, 2010, 07:21 PM
I know of one and a half in the Durham area. One might meet all your criteria! Sending you a PM.

shawneeAcres
Feb. 15, 2010, 07:22 PM
WE are a smaller, more personable barn and are 45 minutes but on the east side of Raleigh, sorry! Reasonable pasture boarding rates and a nice liad back atmosphere. you can check out my website, but I am sure I am too far for you. You can also check out Five County Stables, also on east side of Raleigh but in Zebulon, much closer than I ma, great place, nice pastures etc. I go there and teach some, they have a low level CC course and we are currently doing two horse trials in 2010 there.

starkissed
Feb. 16, 2010, 10:05 AM
I might be interested in this too- I could potentially be moving to raliegh (but I don't know exactly where the state uni is) but there!

roki143
Feb. 16, 2010, 10:29 AM
Not a whole lot to add, but welcome to the area!!!

I second posting something on nchorsenews.com... that's how I was able to find a lovely, affordable, temporary boarding situation for my horses to go to for about 6 months when I made a quick move to the area.