PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guys!! I've been AWOL far too long... **Update Lad has moved to another COTHer.**

Xctrygirl
Feb. 15, 2010, 01:06 PM
Hello everyone!!

First off a quick Hi to all my COTH friends. I have been trimming the budget and so home internet access was cut. I can get online...on my phone. So not cruising Coth or many of my other old haunts. But I have missed you all very much!!

Ok so the reason for my post today is to announce to all who knew Lad and myself that I made the difficult decision to send Lad away so he could still be worked and competed. My job on the farm is not allowing me the time, nor honestly the desire or funds to keep Lad in the right priority box.

I have become very horse sour. I drive away from the farm where I work each day very quickly and never look back. (Lad didn't live there) I love Lad to death but I had absolutely no desire to even groom him. At the end I was at his barn 2 times a month; once to pay the board and once to pay the farrier. And on more than a few occasions I didn't even go pet him in the field.

Lad and I both deserve FAR more than that. So in comes my saintly COTH hero, Retreadeventer aka Holly. Holly had long ago offered to help and I had tried to make myself believe that I would come back around and want to ride. Finally in December I called Holly and gave in.

Just to be clear, Lad hasn't been sold. He's still mine. He's with Holly to be competed and trained by her and hopefully allow Lad to take her to the next step beyond where Rugby has taken her!! ;)

Holly will no doubt come on and comment here, but so far Lad has done very well. Sadly with all this snow not much is happening for many eventers in the Mid Atlantic, but I know that when/if this all thaws you'll see Lad and Holly come out and start to forge a partnership.

I hope to be able to come watch him at some of the events and cheer him and Holly on.

I hope that this message finds you all well, and that you can join me in rooting for the two of them.

All my best,

~Emily

RunForIt
Feb. 15, 2010, 02:06 PM
Lucky Lad and you to have Holly as a bridge to what you need...I knew Holly had dear Lad in her barn; but haven"t heard your input. SUCH a great move on your part...and of course, I am hoping that snowmagedon leaves soon so that they can get on with it! :D :cool:

scubed
Feb. 15, 2010, 02:12 PM
I always look forward to seeing Holly and Rugby at events, now I will be able to look forward to seeing her with Lad as well. It can be fun to be an "owner" and get the updates on how your guy is doing with someone else, so we'll look forward to your take once we get shoveled out

retreadeventer
Feb. 15, 2010, 03:06 PM
Thanks all for kind words.
Lad is so cool and I will learn a lot from him. I am lucky to have the chance to be his friend! He is a neat horse and he can stay as long as XCG needs him to.

LONGING for a melt around here - I am eager and itching to get all back in shape and on the road to school and compete like everyone else! I have 20 feet shoveled out of the front of the horse trailer so far....working on it!

I am really glad he was in my barn during Snowmageddon One and Two, because where he was, I think it would have been very difficult for him (and XCG). He was warm and snug during our storms. At the moment he and Red are sharing turnout and he and Rug and Red are all friends and go out together so they should not have difficulty being together in the trailer at events this year. He acts pretty happy right now, he goes in and out with ears pricked, and nickered for breakfast right after Rug nickered this morning! The snow has his legs like a colt's, it's got all of them with gorgeous tight cold tendons and ankles and clean hooves, isn't snow great.

Isn't COTH cool? :)

EventerAJ
Feb. 15, 2010, 05:25 PM
Yay for Lad, Holly, and Emily. Good to hear from you Em! This weather is making life difficult for everyone.

BTW, I still owe you! You're welcome at my place anytime, for Rolex and WEGs!

Xctrygirl
Feb. 15, 2010, 06:16 PM
Oh believe me AJ I will be all over that!!! Just let me get a little free time.

~Emily

CookiePony
Feb. 15, 2010, 06:25 PM
Congratulations to all of you! It is so wonderful how these things work out among COTHers. Now if it will just stop snowing so retread can ride Lad...