PDA

View Full Version : Color opinions

paintedtrails
Feb. 8, 2010, 09:17 PM
So, I think I've finally decided on Renegades:)
Now...what color?!
He's a sorrel & white paint. Tack is black & burgandy, except for front SMBs which are red (closest I could get, doesn't wear them for all rides).

So...here are the colors avialable:
http://www.renegadehoofboots.com/bootcolors.html
I am just not sure about the glittery part of the Burgandy Blitz for a gelding;)

What would you put on him? (not black, cause they get lost too easily)

riff
Feb. 8, 2010, 09:28 PM
I find the arizona copper draws me in. But if your tack is black and burgandy you might want to match it. I have a sorrel and white paint too. But he is a very conventional sort and would insist on the brown.

matryoshka
Feb. 9, 2010, 12:57 AM
They don't come in blue!! That would be my choice.

Honestly, I'd choose a bright color that can easily be spotted if they get pulled on on the trail. To that end...I recommend the orange (even though I voted for burgundy before I realized your intent).

If you choose a bright color that you hate, you'll never lose them. Murphy's law.

Let us know how you like them!!

rmh_rider
Feb. 9, 2010, 09:48 AM
I would only get a boot color so that when it falls off, or if it does, you can find it easily. Also, be different than others in case there is a mix up. Also a certain color so when you are looking for something you know what color or rather what you are looking for.

For instance, I have red packs, and red splint boots, and some other red stuff. That way, when I have to do a certain type ride I look for all that is red, or if somebody is helping me, I say find all red. Also red for me distinguishes me from a deer's tail!

I do have all black tack though. Reins saddle breast collar. But like to have a flair of color just to be spotted easy. Like I have a purple saddle pad, an some other brightly colored pads. I ride english so I can have different colors, I put them on top of my woolbak.

Also if your horse leaves you with your tack, well we hope not, it will be easier to identify. Or somebody else to identify.

I voted yellow. Yellow and sorrel looks good. Also more easy to identify. I would also mark your name if possible on them. Pink would be nice. Hot pink. I have a bike shirt that is hi-viz yellow. Can't miss me. ha ha.

Go bright!

Bank of Dad
Feb. 9, 2010, 03:45 PM
Sport orange, so you can find them on the ground.

GreyDes
Feb. 9, 2010, 05:00 PM
I have a different color for each horse. Here's links to two of the three so you can see the colors :)

Grey Arab (fleabitten) - Sport Orange. Super easy to spot, although they've never come off.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30142321&l=dfebdbcd00&id=1422642990

B/W Paint - Red. Also easy to spot. These only came off once, and that was in deep mud, and before I learned how tight to pull the wire.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30190955&l=87135db949&id=1422642990

Grey Arab (light grey) - Arizona Copper. More subdued in person than they look on the screen, but still relatively easy to see. They seem to blend a bit more in the leaves than orange or red, but I've never actually had them come off, so can't tell you from first hand experience.

So, if you're trying to find them :) I vote for orange or red. If you just want a cool color, well have fun picking it out!

JackSprats Mom
Feb. 9, 2010, 08:35 PM
So how far are you guys riding in these?

Any cons?

My horse is a bugger to shoe so thinking about getting some

GreyDes
Feb. 9, 2010, 09:19 PM
I've gone as long as six hours in them, although my typical ride is about two hours. Really like these boots - two of my guys have round feet (as wide as they are long), which limits the options considerably.

These are easy to get on, easy to get off, and stay on in some pretty nasty footing. You do have to learn how tight to get the wire that runs across the lower part of the hoof - too loose and the boots will slip off in mud.

I've never had a rub with these. The heel captivator seems to do a good job of holding the boots on without putting a lot of friction on the hoof.

Cons - you'll probably need to buy them direct from the manufacturer, so you'll have to be comfortable doing your own hoof measurements and any troubleshooting over the phone. It really is pretty straightforward though - you shouldn't have any major issues.

Oh, and if you get the colors, you should definitely expect a lot of questions. The horse people all want to know what type of boot they are, and the non-horsey folks want to know if they're "horse sneakers" or "horse crocs".

Eddy's Mom
Feb. 9, 2010, 10:24 PM
The Burgundy looses the sparkle factor pretty much after one ride.

I had mine customized to be Burgundy with a black heel captivator. Very pretty!

I don't use them anymore but did 50 mile plus rides in them for a season. I had some 500 AERC endurance miles in them plus conditioning miles.

Arrows Endure
Feb. 10, 2010, 09:15 AM
They really need to make blue ones!

Once I am re-employed and the savings are built back up, we are getting some. But, all my tack is bright blue! I have blue saddle pad, breast color, bridle, reins, crupper, etc.

I kind of think I'll end up with blaze orange....

paintedtrails
Feb. 10, 2010, 02:34 PM
The Burgundy looses the sparkle factor pretty much after one ride.

I had mine customized to be Burgundy with a black heel captivator. Very pretty!

nice to know they won't look 'girly' for too long :)
Did you ever have on come off? Are the burgundy hard to find if they do slip off?

Eddy's Mom
Feb. 10, 2010, 09:20 PM
nice to know they won't look 'girly' for too long :)
Did you ever have on come off? Are the burgundy hard to find if they do slip off?

Nah they don't look girly. I never had any problems with them coming off. Um, I did lose some glue-ons (Renegades) once but other people found them so they couldn't have been too hard to spot :)

paintedtrails
Feb. 10, 2010, 09:38 PM
cool...i finally placed my order - Burgundy to go with his colors!

it was a touugh choice for sure tho!

thanks everyone

matryoshka
Feb. 10, 2010, 11:30 PM
Post a picture when he's all dolled up. ;)

This is making me think I should paint Frank's boots blue to go with his tack. They'll look especially nice with my white-trash saddle (the baling twine and duct tape are dead give-aways). Sigh. It fits the horse, fits me, and fits my budget.