PDA

View Full Version : Guess the breed...

jazzrider
Feb. 7, 2010, 02:56 PM
We're still digging out from "snowmageddon," and I caught this picture this morning that just made me laugh when I saw it. Guess the breeds of these two trail veterans!

It's a bit of a joke, I guess, since at least to me, they look like stereotypes of their breed. :lol:

(and those who actually know me enough to know the breeds, don't give the answer!)

barrelchick00
Feb. 7, 2010, 03:03 PM
A quarter and arab?

jazzrider
Feb. 7, 2010, 03:22 PM
Good guess! Half right. But I'm not saying which half :winkgrin:. Anyone else?

chemteach
Feb. 7, 2010, 03:24 PM
The chestnut looks like a Quarter Horse to me and the bay an Arab or Morgan.

BaroquePony
Feb. 7, 2010, 03:44 PM
The bay (on the left w/ the blue and red Rambo) looks like the QH and the bald face chesnut, a Tennessee Walker?

jazzrider
Feb. 7, 2010, 03:45 PM
Still just half right! But thanks for the guess. :yes:

jazzrider
Feb. 7, 2010, 03:49 PM
The bay (on the left w/ the blue and red Rambo) looks like the QH and the bald face chesnut, a Tennessee Walker?

Oops, I was posting my last post for Chemteach. Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! Although the horse on the left is a coppery red chestnut in real life. And the TW on the right is registered black but is really brown! :lol:

This picture just cracked me up. Seeing my QH Jazz, the good cow horse he is, running Luke away from the hay, and Luke prancing off in his pretty little gait. :lol:

BaroquePony
Feb. 7, 2010, 03:50 PM
Let's see, so far we all have it narrowed down to at least one or the other is a QH :lol:

BaroquePony
Feb. 7, 2010, 03:55 PM
i was having a hard time figuring out the colors, but now your saying the black is a brown and .... :lol:

WOW, you have a lot of snow. That photo is gorgeous and really white :yes:

chemteach
Feb. 7, 2010, 04:02 PM
Well at least I got one color and one breed correct.:D

GilbertsCreeksideAcres
Feb. 7, 2010, 04:49 PM
Head down = QH
Head/tail up = Saddlebred

jazzrider
Feb. 7, 2010, 04:59 PM
Head down = Chestnut QH
Head and tail up = Brown (registered black) TWH

We got about 32-34 inches. And we live in VA. Crazy stuff. Got some great pictures though. We probably won't get out of here until Wednesday. Things like this make me happy to have the horses at home!

wateryglen
Feb. 10, 2010, 03:46 PM
Whoa! Did you actually PLOW that field!?? Sheeeesh! I was lucky to get the driveway done!
Are we having fun yet?:cry:

jazzrider
Feb. 11, 2010, 11:27 AM
:lol::lol: We plow a circular path about 6 inches above the ground from the pasture gate, to the trough, to the round bale, and back to the gate to be sure everyone drinks enough. And here we are today, doing it all over again after round 2. We got 45 inches total, we think. 34 the first round and whatever blew in yesterday. We have 5 foot drifts! Our horses are all older, so we spoil them a bit. :winkgrin:

Edited to add: in the pic they're actually on the barn driveway (which we did plow) that's between the barn and their pasture -- the gate is the entrance to the pasture.