PDA

View Full Version : Need plowing in Middleburg! HELP!

IPHF
Feb. 7, 2010, 05:47 AM
No tractor here or snow blower. Almost at corner of Zulla and 50. Anyone know anybody I can get to do some plowing?? I have ponies and they will be lost until spring in snow drifts if I turn them out...and only 3 horses to trample down the snow. Already dug 200 yard trench from house to barn (OMG) - too old for this! Made a couple of calls but not heard back. Supposed to fly to Texas Thursday for dad's 90th B'day...wonder if that will happen??? So much for Global Warming, huh??

mothermucker12
Feb. 7, 2010, 06:44 AM
im stuck in the same boat~got the driveway done, but thats it, took hours to shovel from driveway to barn and then from barn to manure pile...today hopefully will get a path to the field and dig open the gates...and to top it all off more snow tuesday night into wednesday

jumpymeister
Feb. 8, 2010, 01:00 AM
Try ASC Excavation - Alex Conrad - 540-295-5136 - He lives just up on 690 in Purcellville....I don't know anyone closer....

You could also try craigslist - the farm and garden section - there were a ton of ads for snow removal!

Good Luck! We are just down the road from you on Lambdon off of Zulla and had a heck of a time shoveling out this weekend :-P

DiablosHalo
Feb. 8, 2010, 09:59 AM
Craiglist farm/garden great idea! Also- check yellow pages under landscaping. Alot of those guys have plowing listed in their ads- they do grass in summer and snow in winter!

A "landscape" company did my neighbors lane yesterday bc her tractor was too small to do it. People on my road were flagging them down - they did not leave my road for 4 hours yesterday!!! They would not however- plow out to my fields in fear of getting stuck. We had our drive done by Sat evening and spent all day yesterday plowing out to field.s

Good luck!