PDA

View Full Version : A great one goes over the Rainbow Bridge....

ThirdCharm
Feb. 4, 2010, 03:13 PM
My 20 yo Thoroughbred stallion, Lose That aka "Copper", passed over this morning. He appears to have had a stroke.... I had noticed that he was a little dull and was having some trouble with his hindquarters last night, but thought it was because he's had some arthritic issues with his hips (he got hit by a car in 1998 and that has caused long-term issues, although he recovered to compete at the lower levels until his retirement last year) and maybe they were getting worse. But then this morning I went out and he was in the pasture and he was gone. So the vet thinks heart attack or stroke.

He was an awesome horse, I had him for fifteen years and we competed in jumpers, dressage, eventing, whatever I wanted he would do. And then he was a super school horse and took many, many students to their first horse trials and jumper classes, competed through 4' jumpers and Training level eventing with students.... even won a regional award at Novice when he was 18.....

He has quite a few lovely foals out there competing through Training level, and we have two of them here--a 7yo mare competed through Training, and a yearling colt. There is one foal by him due in 2010 out of a Prelim mare in VA.

Jennifer

SarEQ
Feb. 4, 2010, 03:19 PM
I just looked at your site and found photos of him. He was lovely.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

eventgroupie2
Feb. 4, 2010, 03:29 PM
Hugs from VA - so sorry for your loss. Great that he will live on through his offspring!

Doodlebug1
Feb. 4, 2010, 03:30 PM
(((hugs))) I'm so sorry; it's so tough losing friends you've had so long. Sounds like the pair of you had a great friendship and that he was able to share his talents with many students - by doing that he'll live on in the hearts of each of those he helped. Godspeed to your boy.

magnolia73
Feb. 4, 2010, 03:53 PM
Oh Jennifer, My condolences. He was a wonderful horse. An absolute gem. I'm glad you can enjoy a little piece of him in some of his offspring.

fooler
Feb. 4, 2010, 03:54 PM
Oh Jennifer so sorry to hear about Copper. What a gentleman he was!

trubandloki
Feb. 4, 2010, 03:59 PM
Sorry for your loss.

moonriverfarm
Feb. 4, 2010, 04:01 PM
Losing one is so terribly, terribly sad. It will happen to us all in time. Godspeed Copper!

AppJumpr08
Feb. 4, 2010, 04:06 PM
((Big Hugs))
I'm still a little raw from losing my older guy this week and I only owned him a year... I can't imagine how you must be feeling :(

I'm so sorry for your loss - he looks like he was awfully special.

Bluey
Feb. 4, 2010, 04:29 PM
Sorry for your loss, he sure was a very nice horse.
You have great memories to remember him by.:yes:

Poniesofmydreams
Feb. 4, 2010, 08:11 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. I took a peek at him and he was lovely. RIP Copper and hugs to all who loved him.

NEWT
Feb. 4, 2010, 08:15 PM
Sorry to hear about Copper.
I hope your heart heals.

MunchkinsMom
Feb. 4, 2010, 08:25 PM
My deepest sympathies on you loss, it is never easy.

chemteach
Feb. 4, 2010, 08:26 PM
So sorry for your loss. RIP Copper.

harveyhorses
Feb. 4, 2010, 08:35 PM
It never gets any easier, so very sorry.

Zu Zu
Feb. 4, 2010, 08:56 PM
So sorry for your loss of Copper ~ what a handsome gentleman! RIP LOSE THAT ~ knowing you were and always will be loved. Thoughts and prayers for all who loved him.

MistyBlue
Feb. 4, 2010, 08:56 PM
My condolences on your loss. :(

Nipntuck
Feb. 4, 2010, 08:57 PM
I am so sorry for your loss, Jennifer. You gave him a great life and it sounds like he had an easy crossing without suffering.

Buffyblue
Feb. 4, 2010, 09:03 PM
Heartfelt condolences to you and all who loved Copper. May he always live in your heart.

LAZ
Feb. 4, 2010, 09:38 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. You'd been a part of each others lives for a long time and your love for him has always been evident.

Sugarbrook
Feb. 4, 2010, 09:48 PM
Many well wishes to you with your loss. I feel your pain and know what you are going thru. /////hugs//////

Rockfish
Feb. 4, 2010, 11:25 PM
hugs

Daydream Believer
Feb. 4, 2010, 11:30 PM
I'm so sorry. He was a lovely stallion.

kookicat
Feb. 5, 2010, 04:07 PM
I'm so sorry. :(

EqTrainer
Feb. 5, 2010, 04:36 PM
Jennifer, I am so sorry.. I know he meant so much to you. Those big red TB's are special.

BasqueMom
Feb. 5, 2010, 04:53 PM
What a gorgeous boy he was and what a great life with you. Godspeed
him over the Bridge and big hugs to you!

foundationmare
Feb. 5, 2010, 06:18 PM
I am so, so sorry. These past few weeks have been really sad. Your boy was gorgeous and I know you'll miss him terribly. I hope that, in time, the happy memories will be greater than the grief. Hugs to you!

shawneeAcres
Feb. 5, 2010, 07:08 PM
Very sorry to hear this, but it sounds like he had a wonderful, full life and meant a lot to many people! What a wonderful legacy and the fact he alos has successful foals makes it even moreso! THink about all the great things he accomplished and that will make you smile!

shea'smom
Feb. 7, 2010, 09:05 PM
I just saw this. I am so sorry to hear it. Stallions have a special place in our hearts. Godspeed.

Puddin Pie
Feb. 7, 2010, 10:07 PM
Jennifer-so sorry to hear this. Lots of hugs from a little bit west of you.

FairWeather
Feb. 8, 2010, 09:24 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your horse.

Lose That
Feb. 8, 2010, 10:10 PM
He will be greatly missed. :cry: He was the best of the best.

3horsemom
Feb. 8, 2010, 10:18 PM
what a sad day for you. he was just lovely. i am so sorry for your loss.

elsbet
Feb. 9, 2010, 02:41 PM
More hugs to you......I am so sorry for your loss. :cry: