PDA

View Full Version : Stall mat is curling up, Help!

Honu
Feb. 3, 2010, 10:39 PM
I had some problems with my mats lifting and shifting due to flooding in the barn. I finally got the barn owner to fix the problem and then I spent a day re-flooring his stall with gravel. All the mats went back down with no problem except one, the middle one. I have been trying to weigh it down every night but that is not working. I also can not bolt it down, there is nothing in the floor to hold the bolts. It's along the long side (that curls up) and every time he takes a nap he shoves a bunch of shavings under the mat, it's driving me crazy. Is there anyway to fix this problem? Do I just have to bite the bullet and buy a new mat? Could I heat it and bend it back? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Rabtfarm
Feb. 3, 2010, 11:02 PM
That happened somewhat in our barn and it drove me crazy too! If it is only that one mat, then $40 for sanity might be a fair deal :-) I take it that flipping the matt will not work? Fortunately my eyesight is poor enuff that I cannot see matt side differences anymore. You don't say where you are..could it be frozen and might flatten come spring? Lastly you could try to adjust the matts to tighten up the fit and thus help wedge and hold down the offending matt...also consider moving that one "bad" matt to another spot where it might be held down better. Don't break your back...

Rabtfarm
Feb. 3, 2010, 11:03 PM
And I have no idea why I decided that a mat is spelt with 2 t's...

Bluey
Feb. 4, 2010, 08:39 AM
We had one NEW mat do that, guess it had a mind of it's own.:p
We finally changed it with one in a corner and now all is well.:)
You may try that.:yes: