PDA

View Full Version : RIP CHAD - Our Beloved Berner

Bravestrom
Feb. 3, 2010, 12:54 PM
We put down our beloved farm dog Chad - a Berner today and anyone who has ever been to our farm is sure to remember the big berner letting us know they have arrived.

He loved to chase the horses out into their respective fields and was my constant companion.

RIP My beautiful boy Chad - my heart is broken

Here are some pics of chad:

http://www.hotelfun4kids.com/ripchad.htm

FalseImpression
Feb. 3, 2010, 01:24 PM
So sorry Prodomus. He will always be with you in your memories.

It is such a hard decision to make...

monstrpony
Feb. 3, 2010, 01:43 PM
So sorry. Barn dogs are such wonderful people and it really hurts to lose one. :cry::cry:

Rockfish
Feb. 3, 2010, 02:05 PM
hugs

SGray
Feb. 3, 2010, 02:07 PM
less than six years -- that's so young

{{hugs}}

Jacquie
Feb. 3, 2010, 03:41 PM
I'm more of a lurker then a poster, but as a fellow Berner owner, I wanted to send you my sincere sympathy on the passing of your boy.

When I lost my nearly 16 year old lab and was heartbroken, I was sent this.

We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached. Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way. We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never full understanding the necessary plan" By Irving Townsend

Godspeed Chad

shea'smom
Feb. 3, 2010, 03:46 PM
Hugs to you.

stella3
Feb. 3, 2010, 04:01 PM
Lots of hugs.

I still can't figure out why dogs and horses don't live 75 or so years. You will love again, and it although it will never be the same as it was with Chad, it will always be just as rewarding and special.:sadsmile:

pintopiaffe
Feb. 4, 2010, 03:39 AM
oooh...

I'm so sorry.

It was just a year ago I lost my Shenanigan, who started my farm with me. It's funny how they just become part of the farm. There is such a hole with their loss.

:cry:

What a gorgeous big dog he was. I loff white 'blazes'. :sadsmile:

Bluey
Feb. 4, 2010, 08:43 AM
Sorry he is gone, they sure don't stay with us very long, do they.
[[[HUGS]]]

Bravestrom
Feb. 4, 2010, 09:00 AM
Thank you everyone - I am still crying this morning - missing our beloved chaddie - hobbes our three month old kitten is wondering where that big furry tail he always plays with has gone and I miss that big happy face soooo much. rip chad

Zu Zu
Feb. 4, 2010, 09:13 AM
So very sorry about your Chad. RIP CHAD ~ you handsome gentleman . Thoughts and prayers for all who loved him - barn family and house family.

My2cents
Feb. 4, 2010, 09:18 AM
Such a handsome boy. Sorry for your loss. I posted this on another thread for someone that lost a dog friend.

Do Not Mourn My Passing

Do not mourn my passing for if you could only see
by slipping all my earthly bonds, I'm young again and free,
By day I run the heavenly fields, my body healthy and strong
At night I sleep at Angels' feet, lulled by Celestial Song.
So do not mourn my passing, just close your eyes - you'll see
I'm once again that frisky pup, just as you remember me.

Author Unknown

dressagetraks
Feb. 4, 2010, 11:43 AM
I'm so sorry. I've only had my Berner for a few months, but they are truly gorgeous dogs and seem to be characters - and yes, the tail makes a great cat toy.

li'l bit
Feb. 4, 2010, 01:23 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. He was a gorgeous boy. Losing any animal is so very hard on us, but every now and then there is one with which we have a special bond, and it seems like the hurting will never go away. It will. And he will live on forever in your heart and your memory. (((((((hugs))))):cry:

clivers
Feb. 4, 2010, 03:24 PM
I'm so sorry!!!! He was just gorgeous!!!!! :(
(((Hugs))))

eventgroupie2
Feb. 4, 2010, 04:34 PM
Hugs from VA- what a beautiful dog. May memories of happy times with him ease your pain. So sorry.

oldenburger with fries and a cold beer
Feb. 4, 2010, 05:22 PM
I am so sorry for your loss!! We have had Berners for the past 16 years and know what special dogs they are. That big heart ages too quickly!!!! They give so much love to the world in too short of a lifetime. I was told that our animals crossover when they know that we are strong enough to walk on by ourselves. Heaven just received another beautiful angel.
Big hugs