PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Rescue In NC or VA? Or, Oh Crap I Found A Puppy

EqTrainer
Feb. 2, 2010, 03:27 PM
Looking for a rescue group that can take this dog, as my three are *not* going to be cool about it -

I just found a tri-color female Australian Shepard puppy. About 5 months old based on teeth. Very well behaved, sits/shakes/lays down/stays. Covered in ticks and about 15 lbs underweight, she was happy to get a meal, warm water and a stall to sleep in.

Help!

Janet
Feb. 2, 2010, 03:34 PM
Have you tried these people?
http://www.aussierescue.org/

EqTrainer
Feb. 2, 2010, 07:33 PM
I did Janet, thanks :)

One of my clients took her home to get her cleaned up, I am hoping for some pics soon so I can send them out to interested parties.

cheval convert
Feb. 2, 2010, 08:03 PM
My aussie, Shea, came from that group. They do a nice job with the dogs.

DiablosHalo
Feb. 3, 2010, 08:15 AM
I have two tri colored female Aussies. If I could figure out a way to sneak her into the house without hubby noticing... I would take her!!!! Let me see what I can work out.

Where are you located? Title says NC/VA but that is a very looong state border! LOL! I'm traveling to Southern Pines in the next two weeks from Delaware.

gloriginger
Feb. 3, 2010, 08:19 AM
Please have her checked for a microchip- someone might be looking for her...:(

I wish you were closer, I would take her if she doesn't have an owner.

appaloosalady
Feb. 5, 2010, 08:09 PM
Check the thread about the ethics of keeping a found dog for some good ideas about finding owners of lost dogs. I would think that if the puppy has that much training someone may be desperately looking for it.

EqTrainer
Feb. 5, 2010, 09:06 PM
Apparently no one is looking for this lovely puppy. She will be heading to her new home soon, thanks to everyone who has helped out or offered to do so :)