PDA

View Full Version : LOOK at the DIFFERENCE!!!

MysticRealm
Jun. 7, 2003, 06:20 AM
ok as u know I changed trainers last year. Well I know have some pics of me and markie with my old trainers and with my new one. Look at the difference! (i know I am not perfect and she isn't trying b/c the jumps are only 3')

With my old trainers
http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Jun/2003673901067679028598.jpg

With my new trainer!

http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Jun/2003675845622941113271.jpg

MysticRealm
Dictionary Definition:The most beautiful mare in the entire world. This mare has tons of scope and well is just amazing. Owned by Priscilla.

MysticRealm
Jun. 7, 2003, 06:20 AM
ok as u know I changed trainers last year. Well I know have some pics of me and markie with my old trainers and with my new one. Look at the difference! (i know I am not perfect and she isn't trying b/c the jumps are only 3')

With my old trainers
http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Jun/2003673901067679028598.jpg

With my new trainer!

http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Jun/2003675845622941113271.jpg

MysticRealm
Dictionary Definition:The most beautiful mare in the entire world. This mare has tons of scope and well is just amazing. Owned by Priscilla.

SpringBreak
Jun. 7, 2003, 06:59 AM
very nice!! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

*Spring Break*
*Simon*
*Homie S*

CrazyCorgi
Jun. 7, 2003, 07:27 AM
Looks great!

Darlene
http://www.kidssportsnet.com/equestrian/crazycorgi/

*It's what you learn after you know it all that counts*

Melzy
Jun. 7, 2003, 08:37 AM
Yes you have improved. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I'm glad you are happier with your new trainer. Sometimes a change is necessary for several reasons.

Have fun and good luck.

LoriO
Jun. 7, 2003, 10:31 AM
You can definately see an improvement. Way to go!!!!!!

"Member of the Western clique"

All gave some...And some gave all...God bless the USA

MysticRealm
Jun. 7, 2003, 04:58 PM
I posted this on another board and they all thought my new riding style is AWFUL! It is weird that there is such a difference between the two boards. I guess on the other board when one person says it's bad the rest go oh yeah I think I see a tiny bad thing there, and there, and oh there too. Oh well. I like it (and it is continueosly improving) and I am MUCH more secure and my horse is much more happy!

MysticRealm

Celtic Witch
Jun. 7, 2003, 05:08 PM
Sorry, but the only change I can see is that you are no longer standing from your knee and instead are about to hit your horse's back. You are still gripping with the back of your legs (and thus, in my opinion, not a candidate to wear spurs) and in the second, you are holding onto your horse's face whereas in the first, you weren't.

Note: Your horse's style has not changed for the better, nor has the less than happy look on his face. Equitation is all about riding and presenting the horse; not what you look like.

But if you're happier with the new trainer, its obviously working for you and that and your horse's health are the most important things!

Cheers,
Susie

Dragoon
Jun. 7, 2003, 05:38 PM
Ditto to Celtic Witch. If I was you're trainer, I'd have you shorten your stirrups a hole or two and work quite a bit at strengthening that lower leg. Your horse looks much more hollow in the second photo, though you still have a hold of her in the first pic as well. Perhaps some gymnastics and balance exercises will help develop an independent hand.

When confronted by a difficult problem you can solve it more easily by reducing it to the question, "How would the Lone Ranger handle this?"

SBT
Jun. 7, 2003, 06:01 PM
I agree...I don't see much of a difference at all. Your form faults are basically the same: leg incorrect, body ducking, hands set. Your horse is still a high-headed, "splinter-belly" jumper. The only differences I see are that 1.) you both appear a bit less tense in the second photo. That in itself is a noteworthy improvement! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif and 2.) your leg isn't straightened anymore, but it has still slipped back. Everything else, though, looks pretty much the same to me. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

I disagree that you should shorten your stirrups. They were long in the first photo, contributing to your straightened knee; but in the second photo your length looks perfect, although you are dropping back in the air. Work on strengthening your leg and controlling your upper body, ie. not being so fast to "snap" your hip angle closed, and not sitting down too soon.

JMHO, of course. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

[This message was edited by sbt78lw on Jun. 07, 2003 at 09:10 PM.]

cheeky_appy
Jun. 7, 2003, 06:08 PM
http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif
I cant see much difference! They both look great to me!

Goofy TB Mare
Jun. 7, 2003, 06:30 PM
You guys look great!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/chunkymonkey868

**Forever South**
**Bama's Blues** not mine but he's my babyboy!

MissingInAction
Jun. 7, 2003, 06:36 PM
I think that your leg looks better but you are dropping back in the saddle too early. It looks as though your horse took a big, powerful (not round) jump and you are trying to catch up with him by folding your upper-body down, thus, catching him in the mouth. Try not to do too much in the air body wise. Definitely try to give some more release and if you get to an awkward distance, just grab mane. Grabbing mane might not look as nice but it's better than catching your horse is the mouth.

I'm glad that you found a trainer that are better and happier with.

JustJump
Jun. 7, 2003, 07:02 PM
Well, not to say there is NO difference...but the changes seem to be more cosmetic at the moment than fundamental.

You have changed your saddle pad, and your stirrups are shorter. But your release is still extremely backward; your hand and arms are not free and independent of your upper body. Your balance seems dependent on your hand, rather than centered over a secure base. Your leg position is different than it was before, but you still have alot of work to do.

Your horse's jumping form doesn't seem to have changed at all--the photos show different parts of your horse's arc through the air, but the arc itself in both pictures is indicative of a "squatty," stiff jump--your horse's head should be dropping down in the second photo, rather than raising up; his back should be rounding as his knees lift, not hollowing. Each of you has flaws in your technique; it may even be that the pair of you cause the flaws in each other.

My suggestion would be lots of flatwork with an aim toward developing a soft and correct leg/hand/mouth relationship, and gymnastics aimed at developing your horse's jumping form and a jumping position on your part that allows him to use it.

MysticRealm
Jun. 7, 2003, 07:35 PM
Remember I have only been with my new trainer for a short time. I am still working hard to fix the troubles from the past. I used to relly jump with my legs out in front my bum out back and a very arched back. We are really trying to fix that but it takes time. Finally my leg has come back under me. My release is deffinately getting better(i do not use my hand to support my body even though it may look like it I don't) My horse isn't jumping to round yet b/c we are still rying to work on it, plus she used to have a very ill fitting saddle making her not want to use her back to jump. She is sl;owly getting better but is still not consistent. She has alot more muscle now though which will help plus a proper fitting saddle. we are also fixing her straightness issues. My trainer gets me to do one total flat lesson, one gymnastics lesson, and one course lesson a week, So I have no dought that my position and her jumping style will pron=bably get better quite quickly. Anywho I love my new jumping style alot better (thought am still trying to find the happy medium) and my trainer is fabulous and we are ALOT better than we EVER were before. Remember that a pic never tells the whole story. I may see a change for the better b/c I know that I am actually better for the most part, and u guys have never seen me ride so you can't REALLY tell. but oh well, I can feel the difference.

MysticRealm

SmellyCat
Jun. 7, 2003, 07:49 PM
The first picture was much better, Darling.

MysticRealm
Jun. 7, 2003, 08:00 PM
Like I said I might see a change for the better b/c I know me and her are doing alot better and you guys only have one photo of each and I am still trying to fix all the mistakes and take on a new riding style. SO I am not worried by what you say or am I gonna try different things less my trainer tell me to. Like I said I am more secure, and Markie is alot happier, I am continually doing better and that is the bottom line.

MysticRealm

*In Your Dreams*
Jun. 7, 2003, 08:20 PM
I think your horse would be a lot happier and rounder if you released him.

If you are happy, that is all that matters.

Andrea
*Funny Cide Clique*
Destruction leads to a very rough road But it also breeds creation -Red Hot Chili Peppers

S4zeus
Jun. 7, 2003, 09:26 PM
I agree that your horse looks happier but she seems to be jumping flatter than in the first picture. I of course could just be saying what it looks to an untrained eye as well though. But she does look happier.

Common sense is the least common thing in the world.

Madison
Jun. 8, 2003, 04:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MysticRealm:
Like I said I might see a change for the better b/c I know me and her are doing alot better and you guys only have one photo of each and I am still trying to fix all the mistakes and take on a new riding style. SO I am not worried by what you say or am I gonna try different things less my trainer tell me to. Like I said I am more secure, and Markie is alot happier, I am continually doing better and that is the bottom line.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MysticRealm, that is quite likely the case - you are probably seeing the differences in many areas on a regular basis. BUT, you posted the pictures as showing a big difference, and these particular ones don't yet show it. So, the responses you are getting are simply a result of having these two pictures two work off of, and the way you framed the question. JMO.

CuriousGeorge
Jun. 8, 2003, 01:59 PM
It bears repeating.

Get out of your poor horse's mouth!

tatertot
Jun. 8, 2003, 02:33 PM
Sorry but I don't see much of a difference, your stirrup looks a little long in the first pic but in both you look like you are not releasing and grabbing your horses mouth. I canter and trot around ALOT in two point work on getting my hands more independent because I tend to do the same thing - so please don't take this as a criticism just and observation. your horse is so pretty and to your credit you are jumping higher than I have the guts to right now so good for you - maybe if you released more your horse would stretch her/his neck down a little more.

~LF
Jun. 8, 2003, 03:45 PM
Mystic - Just use this as constructive criticism. Don't take it to heart, there's no need for excuses and explanations on why or how it doesnt' LOOK that much improved even though it may be - just go back to work and you'll see more improvement down the road.

Just please work on getting out of your saddle in the air and give more with your arms over the jump - your horse's mouth is going to get tough and his hollow jump is because of it.

kenbiki
Jun. 8, 2003, 04:04 PM
I think that it's great that you're inspired by the changes,regardless of how small they are! I know that you asked for honest opinions here and you got them...albeit a bit harsh IMHO. I don't want to start a fight here but I wish we as horseman and women could be a bit kinder when passing on our wisdom.Stay inspired!!!!!!!

JustJump
Jun. 8, 2003, 05:19 PM
Now, Mystic...calm down a little. You've gotten some honest comments here; some were looking through the same rose colored glasses you might prefer to wear sometimes, others have been a little sharp, others offered constructive criticism and advice. Don't walk away from good suggestions just because they are hard to take. You are the one who called attention to yourself; you needen't feel badly that you've been "noticed."

MysticRealm
Jun. 8, 2003, 10:07 PM
Me and my trainer ARE working on these problems. I am not just taking everything my trainer says and are shoving it aside. He is working on these same problems so all u r doing is restating my many faults. All have the faults before are abit better (though maybe you can't see it in the pics) or have been turned into the complete opposite. But I am stiving to continue to make them better or to find the happy medium between one and the other. I am a person of very low self esteem so critisism is hard for me to take. It makes me feel like a total let down, to my trainer, to myself, to my parents, to my few friends. And I hate to do that. And such harsh critisism such as some of the comments on here making feel like dirt. So then I throw up the defensive wall to protect or cut myself off from the world.

MysticRealm

HarveyHunter
Jun. 8, 2003, 10:50 PM
mystic: For one, as long as you are and are seeing improvement in your riding and in your horses form and attitude....thats all that matters hun! from pictures we cant really tell how much you've improved because it only shows a split second of you and your horse! I bet if we all watched you ride before and after we'd see the same improvements!
I think you guys look fine for someone who is working through some problems (as we all are I'm sure....) and as long as you trust your new trainer(s) let him/her help you and take everything that people say with a grain of salt on here...besides...i only see your pics on here for constructive critisim...where are everyone elses pics who had all those "great" things to say about you and your horse?? http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
And your horse does look much happier in the second pic...

~there is a little show-off in all of us...but when you're in the spot light, try to stay humble~
*Katie*

Cherry
Jun. 9, 2003, 12:23 AM
Mystic Realm, I concur that your horse does look happier and you appear more at ease in the second picture, and I think that speaks volumes for your trainer... Keep working on your riding and you shall be rewarded... You're one gutsy gal to post pics to this board, http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif !!!!

"Blowing out someone else's candle does not make your candle burn any brighter..."

JustJump
Jun. 9, 2003, 04:01 AM
That's not exactly the attitude I had in mind, Mystic... http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

If you are doing flatwork, and gymnastics, you and your trainer are on the right track...

...but, I'd also like to (gently) suggest that you make an effort to embrace ideas and concepts that have emerged from the realm of sports psychology that will enable you to increase your mental resiliance,ie you need to toughen up a bit. I can't speak for anyone else, but to hurt your feelings was not my intention.

You haven't been on the boards here all that long...but people often post photos here and invite comments, as you did. A variety of responses always result, and predictably, a number of them are in the form of flattery, others are more critical, and some people don't hold back, as you have seen. Remember, you posted the "before/after" pics and invited comment-none of those you received were therefore unsolicited. Let the hurtful ones go, and try to gain something of value from the experience that has resulted. After all, that's what learning is all about.

MysticRealm
Jun. 9, 2003, 08:45 AM
Thanks guys

MysticRealm

Windsor
Jun. 9, 2003, 09:10 AM
Strange--I didn't see a great deal of difference between the photos (not as much as I expected), but when I looked at the photos again after reading the responses--with somewhat lowered expectations as to the degree of improvement, I seemed to actually SEE greater improvement in the second photo. I think maybe Mystic has improved quite a bit, but maybe she played up the degree of improvement so much that we were expecting a female G.M. in the second picture.

Or maybe I'm just hallucinating--did anyone else "see" more improvement upon reviewing the photos after reading the responses?

And incidentally, I think praise is more graciously offered and much better received when sandwiched between praise (even when you have to dig to find something praiseworthy).

caffeinated
Jun. 9, 2003, 09:14 AM
I think the main difference and the one that will be most important to her riding is the confidence level. Yes, she's dropping back. Yes, her horse isn't getting a release and is jumping flat. But her overall "attitude" (as much as you can see without seeing her face) is a whole lot more confident than in the first picture.

And I really think confidence is one of the big keys in this sport. She's got a lot to fix and work on but if she knows she can do it, that's half the battle, right?

I also think her release isn't that bad- yes, you can see the "pull" on the horse's mouth, but as she gets her body more correct in relation to the horse, her hands will be more forward by default, even without her really changing her arm position. And when you jump over your elbows (like she did in her first pic and like I did for years), just moving the elbows away from the body is a HUGE accomplishment and adjustment (even if you DON'T need them for support, you get very used to your hands being there and it's a tough habit to break)

**and people say gov't employees are useless... HA!**

eqnjumperrider
Jun. 9, 2003, 01:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JustJump:
Well, not to say there is NO difference...but the changes seem to be more cosmetic at the moment than fundamental.

You have changed your saddle pad, and your stirrups are shorter. But your release is still extremely backward; your hand and arms are not free and independent of your upper body. Your balance seems dependent on your hand, rather than centered over a secure base. Your leg position is different than it was before, but you still have alot of work to do.

Your horse's jumping form doesn't seem to have changed at all--the photos show different parts of your horse's arc through the air, but the arc itself in both pictures is indicative of a "squatty," stiff jump--your horse's head should be dropping down in the second photo, rather than raising up; his back should be rounding as his knees lift, not hollowing. Each of you has flaws in your technique; it may even be that the pair of you cause the flaws in each other.

My suggestion would be lots of flatwork with an aim toward developing a soft and correct leg/hand/mouth relationship, and gymnastics aimed at developing your horse's jumping form and a jumping position on your part that allows him to use it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with what Celtic witch, Dragoon, sbt78lw, Tatertot, justjump, and LF said.. I frankly don't see much of a difference/improvement between the two pictures.

Your position is pretty bad in both pictures. You are completely in her mouth, your base of support, with regards to falling back in the saddle early is awful, and your horse looks jumps very flat (splinter-belly) (contrary to what you posted :Mystic Real: MysticRealm
Dictionary Definition:The most beautiful mare in the entire world. This mare has tons of scope and well is just amazing. Owned by Priscilla.).

JMHO.... P.S. Read your posts, have you ever taken an english class before?
POSTED BY MYSTICREALM

So I have no dought that my position and her jumping style will pron=bably get better quite quickly. Anywho, I love my new jumping style alot better (thought am still trying to find the happy medium) and my trainer is fabulous and we are ALOT better than we EVER were before (run-on). Remember, that a pic never tells the whole story. I may see a change for the better, b/c I know that I am actually better for the most part, and u guys have never seen me ride,, so you can't REALLY tell but oh well, I can feel the difference. (That last sentence makes hardly any sense, but you get the picture... P.S.S that was just one little section.
*That's just one example* http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

P.S.S.S... You can't seriously think you have improved a lot...

Janet
Jun. 9, 2003, 02:10 PM
In the first one, if there were no horse to hold you up, you would fall on your face.

In the second one, if there were no horse, you would fall on your backside.

You need to "split the difference".

In both caes, I think you are using your hands for balance.

I would suggest lots of 2-point with a loop in your reins (and not touching the neck). Then jumping without reins.

Janet
chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle, and Brain

wanderlust
Jun. 9, 2003, 02:53 PM
Eqnjumperrider, what the hell is wrong with you? Rough day in the 10th grade? Your post was not helpful, it was just plain mean. Cut the people who aren't as perfect as you a little bit of slack. Oh, and get over yourself while you are at it.

MysticRealm- lots of good suggestions. Mine would be to work on the lunge with no stirrups and no reins. That way you develop a stronger lower leg and become less dependent on your reins for balance.

The other thing you may consider doing during schooling sessions is to loop your reins, push your hands up the neck and grab a handful of mane a couple of strides out from the fence. That way you won't risk hitting your horse in the mouth. I do this with my greenie all the time- she has a tendency to jump me right out of the tack the first couple times she jumps a new fence (especially if it has a flower box under it), and I find grabbing mane is a bit easier than all sorts of heroics with my body to keep from grabbing her in the mouth.

eclipse
Jun. 9, 2003, 03:05 PM
Master Tally: I was just thinking the same thing, & checked through some previous posts..seems like this poster has ticked people off previously. When people ask for critiques it should always be done diplomatically & empathetically. Also, Mystic Realm DID NOT ask for personal opinions on her horse or for that matter, her grammer.

"When the mare's good, she's very very good, but when she's bad.........look out!!!"

*!*KabelGirl*!*
Jun. 9, 2003, 03:37 PM
thats awesome--lookin good!

PONY PICS!! (http://photos.yahoo.com/kabelgirl06)

Kerby
Jun. 9, 2003, 03:39 PM
hey folks... this isn't a "everyone bash Mystic" post. Nor is it a lets pick on everyone's spelling post. I for one cannot spell and will admit to it.

I think if you have a chance to hack on your own and not in a lesson situation, practice working in two point, hands not resting on the horses neck. If the horse is good, stay in two point and hold your hands out to the side, over your head etc, and not for 30 seconds, but for several minutes. This will all help with balance. (softening your hands will help with your horses postions some. letting him use his neck and relax in his mouth)

If you are in the calgary area, I can think of several Male instructors (Jim, Joe, Andrew) and all of them are excellent. So I hope that things get better, you sounded happier, and thats the main thing.

Good Luck and see you at the shows!
K.

Bugs-n-Frodo
Jun. 9, 2003, 04:13 PM
Mystic,

I spent some time in the H/J ring but by no means am I a professional. I am a dressage lover. I am not going to comment on your riding style, I just want to pass along a tool that helped me improve over the years in both my dressage and my jumping. Have someone video tape your lessons and when you are riding alone. I really helps you see where you need to improve and also where your horse improves/needs improvement. I do it all of the time and it helps me actually see what my trainer is taking about. I keep them for a long time as reminders, plus, when you are having weather like we are in my area (tons of rain), it is great as a substitute for a lesson/ride.

~Amy, Bugs and Frodo~

o2binca
Jun. 9, 2003, 04:34 PM
Hi MysticRealm http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I enjoyed looking at your pictures and seeing the enthusiasm in your posts. I also thought your horse seemed happier in the second picture.

One additional thought was to make sure your saddle was not a hindrance to you. Even if you think your saddle is okay, you may want to try some other ones - maybe some properly broken in ones that your trainer or the very experienced riders at you barn use. The right saddle can make all the difference in the world.

Don't let the harsh comments get you down; there's lots of us who like hearing what you're doing with your horse and hope to see more pictures in the future.

HarveyHunter
Jun. 9, 2003, 04:57 PM
eqnjumperrider said in her post:
"Your position is pretty bad in both pictures. You are completely in her mouth, your base of support, with regards to falling back in the saddle early is awful, and your horse looks jumps very flat (splinter-belly) (contrary to what you posted :Mystic Real: MysticRealm
Dictionary Definition:The most beautiful mare in the entire world. This mare has tons of scope and well is just amazing. Owned by Priscilla.)."

um....did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? or do you always have that attitude??? (from reading other posts of yours..i would go with the second option...) Not only were your comments rude, but were not helpful one bit.

And if you want to start a grammer session...maybe you should start with some of your posts...you also did i fabulous run-on sentence in this thread. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Its attitudes like that that i cant handle... http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

~there is a little show-off in all of us...but when you're in the spot light, try to stay humble~
*Katie*

jvanrens
Jun. 9, 2003, 05:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Master Tally:
Eqnjumperrider, what the hell is wrong with you? Rough day in the 10th grade? Your post was not helpful, it was just plain mean. Cut the people who aren't as perfect as you a little bit of slack. Oh, and get over yourself while you are at it<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow Master Tally! I wish I could say you took the words right out of my mouth, but actually you said it sooooo much better! My reply likely would have been deleted by the moderators! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

MysticRealm, you've gotten some great suggestions here, study them closely (heck I'll do the same myself! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif), put in the time and you'll get there! Don't let anyone rain on your parade! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jo

(Edited because I can't spell http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif )

~~Some days are a total waste of makeup.~~

[This message was edited by jvanrens on Jun. 09, 2003 at 09:01 PM.]

eqnjumperrider
Jun. 9, 2003, 05:48 PM
Haha, oops, you're right, I did make a run-on.. Although, I can at least spell "doubt". Oh, and fyi

harvery hunter, yep, you should talk about sentence structure... (harvey hunter) "And if you want to start a grammer session...maybe you should start with some of your posts...you also did i fabulous run-on sentence in this thread.Its attitudes like that that i cant handle...

It is CAN'T

MissingInAction
Jun. 9, 2003, 05:50 PM
eqnjumperrider~I think Mystic was more or less looking for *critique*, not *criticisim*. There is a difference between the two. If you have nothing nice to say then don't say it at all, especially when it is not even helpful nor will it do Mystic any good.

MissingInAction
Jun. 9, 2003, 05:51 PM
eqnjumperrider~ Sorry! I posted just 2 minutes after you so I didn't see your post!! Thanks for the clear up!

eqnjumperrider
Jun. 9, 2003, 06:01 PM
Oh, and Master Tally, I am actually in a great mood . http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif, I am going to Europe on the 20th to look for some new horses and school gets out in 3 days http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif...

(written by Harvery Hunter).. um....did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? or do you always have that attitude??? (from reading other posts of yours..i would go with the second option...) Not only were your comments rude, but were not helpful one bit. ( In response to that, I am unaware of any mean posts. By all means, please send me a private topic and point out what you are talking about.

Eclipse/Harvey Hunter.. it's spelled grammar, not grammer.. just fyi

[This message was edited by eqnjumperrider on Jun. 09, 2003 at 09:38 PM.]

[This message was edited by eqnjumperrider on Jun. 09, 2003 at 09:54 PM.]

SmellyCat
Jun. 9, 2003, 06:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I am going to europe <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This should say 'Europe'.

[This message was edited by SmellyCat on Jun. 09, 2003 at 09:52 PM.]

Bugs-n-Frodo
Jun. 9, 2003, 06:19 PM
eqnjumperrider,

Why are you so nasty? When you are nasty to other posters, you bring the whole board down. I just wanted to see what was going on in the H/J threads and I read your post. I was really turned off by your attitude. Most of the people I have "met" on these boards are really nice. Why are you so bitter?

~Amy, Bugs and Frodo~

eqnjumperrider
Jun. 9, 2003, 06:37 PM
SmellyCat.. You're right about the grammar.
FYI, Harvey Hunter wrote that...

eclipse
Jun. 9, 2003, 06:50 PM
eqnjumperrider: It's Europe not europe!!! People & places get capitalized (you should of known that)! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

"When the mare's good, she's very very good, but when she's bad.........look out!!!"

eqnjumperrider
Jun. 9, 2003, 06:58 PM
Eclipse: You don't say, "you should of known that"....... You say, "you should HAVE known that." I just wanted to help you out there http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

eclipse
Jun. 9, 2003, 07:05 PM
eqnjumperrider: according to the grammar check in Word, you can use either. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Bugs-n-Frodo
Jun. 9, 2003, 07:10 PM
eqnjumperrider,

My aren't you the catty one! I don't see you posting pictures of your "flawless" riding. Just out of curiosity, are you going to become an English teacher when you "get big"?

~Amy, Bugs and Frodo~

Horsaholic
Jun. 9, 2003, 07:10 PM
Oh my, this is getting out of hand http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

MysticRealm, keep up the hard work! Stay with your trainer and take the good advice from this board. Please stay inspired, this thread is spinning out of control..

You and your horse have alot of potential!
Follow your dreams and work hard, you will get there. I got some good advice reading this thread as well!

Give us an update down the road will you?
http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Kachoo
Jun. 9, 2003, 07:11 PM
There's nothing quite like putting off one's neuropharmacology studying to participate in a little childish fun http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. Let the grammar lesson begin! My comments are in bold.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eqnjumperrider:
Haha, oops, you're right, I did make a run-on..

Yes, you did, and I hope it's not too embarrassing when I point out that you did it again in that very sentence. You even joined the two independent clauses with a comma, thus placing your run-on in the category of that beloved grammar crime commonly known as the "comma splice." Oh, and lest I forget to mention it later, an ellipsis normally consists of three consecutive periods.

Although, I can at least spell "doubt".

Let me be the first to congratulate you on that stellar achievement. Incidentally, quotation marks around words at the end of a sentence typically include the period.

Oh, and fyi

harvery hunter,

Sorry, were you referring to HarveyHunter?

yep, you should talk about sentence structure... (harvey hunter) "And if you want to start a grammer session...maybe you should start with some of your posts...you also did i fabulous run-on sentence in this thread.Its attitudes like that that i cant handle...

It is CAN_'_T<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sweetheart, there's a great quote that goes a little something like, "Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." It would serve you well to remember that in the future. I also recommend that should you ever again feel the burning desire to bash anyone's grammar, you first ensure that your own is pretty close to perfect. Otherwise, you just look silly and make people feel sorry for you (or, like in my particular case, laugh at you until they are overcome by stomach muscle cramps http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif).

MysticRealm - Try not to let the harsher comments get you down. Although some are based in truth, many are exaggerated. I've ridden all over the world and am currently based near a top venue, so I'm very familiar with what good riding and truly hideous riding looks like. You are obviously a solid rider with a good horse under you. Yes, your hand could be more giving, but it is in no way upsetting your horse or preventing her from doing her job. In both pictures, you're in balance with her motion. I do see some slight dropping back in the second photo, although I believe that may have more to do with the photographer's timing than anything else. Your mare is past the apex of her arc and is on her way down. Her landing gear appears to be unfolding, which may have contributed to the impression of her being a splinter belly jumper. All in all, you look very capable. Keep working and improving.

Cheers,
Susie
http://www.kachoom.com

"That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!" ~Homer Simpson

SmellyCat
Jun. 9, 2003, 07:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Sweetheart, there's a great quote that goes a little something like, "Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kashew - the saying you are trying to invoke is 'If you cant take the kitchen dont call the kettle hot.' So I beleive eqnjumperriders point is still moot.

Bugs-n-Frodo
Jun. 9, 2003, 07:17 PM
Kachoo,

VERY well put, and classy as well!

~Amy, Bugs and Frodo~

Kachoo
Jun. 9, 2003, 07:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SmellyCat:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Sweetheart, there's a great quote that goes a little something like, "Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kashew - the saying you are trying to invoke is 'If you cant take the kitchen dont call the kettle hot.' So I beleive eqnjumperriders point is still moot.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Smellycat - Your comments are far too sophisticated for my meager understanding http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. I don't even know if you were agreeing with me or making fun of me there. Perhaps you were doing something else entirely. I feel like an ant attempting to understand the workings of man.

Cheers,
Susie

"That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!" ~Homer Simpson

eclipse
Jun. 9, 2003, 07:20 PM
Wooohoooo Kachoo. Now you're someone who is excellent with grammer. I, on the other hand, am not. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Mystic Realm: Please don't let some of these posts deter you from posting pictures in the future. It takes an awful lot of guts to open yourself up to some unnecessary (sp) & harsh critisism. Remember, a picture is but one moment in time & does not represent how one rides all of the time. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Oh, and it seems somebody has changed europe to Europe http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

soxy
Jun. 9, 2003, 07:30 PM
Very well put, Kachoo http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Dana
Sox Appeal
Dulcinae

Fox Ridge Farm (http://imasleep78.brinkster.net/FRF/)

HarveyHunter
Jun. 9, 2003, 08:10 PM
to eqnjumper rider....i don't try to have correct grammar on these boards...this is the one place i dont have to worry about it! I was just pointing out that you should take a look at your grammar before you go telling other people that they should look at thiers.. (which is a point that Kachoo already made http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)
Anyway..i just dont understand why you are so catty...thats all...

P.S. i never use the "'" with words such as cant on the boards...i always miss that key with my pinky and end up hitting another lol

*Katie*

HarveyHunter
Jun. 9, 2003, 08:13 PM
p.s. hey Kachoo- i dont think she can think of anything to say to your great post http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif your my new hero

*Katie*

eqnjumperrider
Jun. 9, 2003, 08:21 PM
It is really sad that some people can't accept the truth that they are just shitty riders

Copper Queen
Jun. 9, 2003, 08:25 PM
All my horses are great jumpers, which is lucky for me since I'm such a terrible rider and I've never been to Europe.

HarveyHunter
Jun. 9, 2003, 08:27 PM
ok THAT statement was WAY uncalled for...Does it make you feel better to call someone else a "shitty" rider? ( im guessing you were referring to Mystic with that comment) Your just pissed off that you have nothing to say to Kachoo about her post!! Grow up a little will ya?

*Katie*

SmellyCat
Jun. 9, 2003, 08:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eqnjumperrider:
It is really sad that some people can't accept the truth that they are just shitty riders<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And shitty grammer too. Bad on you equinejodpurs!

[This message was edited by SmellyCat on Jun. 09, 2003 at 11:51 PM.]

eqnjumperrider
Jun. 9, 2003, 08:31 PM
I know Kachoo is a good rider, I wasn't talking about her.

BreezeyHtr
Jun. 9, 2003, 08:32 PM
I've been trying to stay out of this post for obvious reasons but eqnjumperrider just said something that made me burn.

posted Jun. 09, 2003 11:21 PM
"It is really sad that some people can't accept the truth that they are just shitty riders"

Ok. So nobody's perfect. That statement was totally uncalled for and just plain rude. If you haven't gotten the picture yet, there are alot of people on this thread that don't like you. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

"Life's tough! Wear a helmet!"

HarveyHunter
Jun. 9, 2003, 08:32 PM
smelly:
i dont think she was talking about cashew....unless she has seen her ride.... http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif i thought she was talking about mystic

*Katie*

eqnjumperrider
Jun. 9, 2003, 08:35 PM
oh boo-hoo, that hurt, I was indirectly talking about mystic...

SmellyCat
Jun. 9, 2003, 08:39 PM
How do you know Cashew is a good rider? Did you call the psychic line or what?

Copper Queen
Jun. 9, 2003, 08:45 PM
Looks like you got that three dot thingy figured out. This board is so educational!

Ladybay
Jun. 9, 2003, 08:47 PM
EWWWWWW on eqnjumperrider !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a bi-yatch!!!

That was so uncalled for!!!

Mystic - congrats on finding a trainer that can help you and your horse improve! It is so great to find a trainer you click with! And you def. look better in the 2nd photo, even if it isn't perfect.

HarveyHunter
Jun. 9, 2003, 08:48 PM
eq...why are you so bitter? mystic is FAR from being a bad rider. i mean, why say that?? http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/sigh.gif

*Katie*

WingedPanda
Jun. 9, 2003, 08:56 PM
It is really sad that some people can't accept the truth that they are just shitty riders<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha! Beautiful. That is the most juvenile thing I've seen here to date.

Shouldn't there be some sort of award for that? Maybe a special title under her user name or something? Come on moderators, I think she should wear her own "shitty rider" label for a while!

http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

One of the lessons of history is that Nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say.
- Will Durant

nRT
Jun. 9, 2003, 09:01 PM
I think its really sad that some people have to fly half way around the world to find a horse that can get them around a 3 foot course.

fleur
Jun. 9, 2003, 09:02 PM
This is so silly! I hope everyone who has flaunted his or her grammar lexicon on here is getting the self-satisfaction they expected http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

To MysticRealm--I agree that you should take (most of) these replies seriously, and don't be afraid to pinpoint problems. In the long run, you will solve many more issues with your position if you can admit that they need solving http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I think your body looks "tighter" in the second one, which shows better self-control of your position. I would also recommend that you practice grabbing mane over fences. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Baileybff
Jun. 9, 2003, 09:02 PM
http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif WOW http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Boy what some people can do to innocent threads! Wait, did I spell that right? Darn it, now I'll NEVER be able to post on the boards again, sigh http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif.

Mystic~ For what it's worth...keep up the good work! It's hard enough to post pic's of yourself on these boards without having people like 'you know who' jumping in the mix. Consider the source and move on!

Nat http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

"A horse is a horse of course of course"...This person obviously never met MY horse!
*Who Knew*
*Frosted Flakes*

TheGreatPious
Jun. 9, 2003, 09:10 PM

Harsh and uncalled for. JMHO. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

and Kachoo, I dont think Emily Post (if ne one knows who that is) could have said it better! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mystic- Keep up the good work. Looks like you have a wonderful horse who is helping you everystep of the way. Follow your dreams. To some your improvement may not be as noticeable, but you know how much you have improved, and thats what matters. Nice job and good luck in the future http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

~*Molly*~
~*Cowboy*~
Proud member of the Indiana Clique! Theres more than corn in Indiana...
http://community.webshots.com/user/nutnhoney55

AnnabelleQF
Jun. 9, 2003, 09:22 PM
Whoa...Even if technologically challenged me could figure out how to post pictures...I wouldn't.
MysticRealm- If you say you and your trainer are working on your and your horse's (the grammar is a little questionable there but since it is summer I don't feel like dragging myself downstairs and getting my textbook)form, then I believe you! She is jumping pretty flat, but if you work on getting a more independent (God I can never spell that word- I hope it's right!)then her back will probably rise and she will look happier! By the way--I think she is pretty as anything!! I love gray mares.

Ok here we go...
It was my understanding that this was a place to get help and CONSTRUCTIVE critiscm, not grammar lessons. I am pretty sure we all go/have gone to school and also that we all have/have had teachers that can help us with that aspect of our lives in a nice, polite way. OMG I think that was a run-on...oh well! Hey eqnjmprider (or whatever your name is- I wasn't paying much attention to what you were actually saying, but I got the gist of it.) If you are such a great rider that you feel confident to make such comments, why don't you actually try to HELP her for God's sake? It seems clear to me that you have already conquored these problems, so maybe you can give us all a riding lesson (instead of a grammar lesson). That was some of the meanest, lowest stuff I have ever read on this board!
P.S.- Have fun in "europe" and make sure to post pictures of the horses that you try. Don't you forget that there is always *something* with every horse and I am sure we will be more than happy to pick him/her apart (sp?) for you!
BTW, I made a 100 on my final English exam this year from a very hard teacher at an academically challenging private school. Can you tell?

Chin up Mystic!

*QuietFlight*
*Bama's Child (trainer's)*
*As You Wish*
*Shameless*

cheeky_appy
Jun. 9, 2003, 09:31 PM
:O
I am actually really shocked again!
I have said to others quietly of my concerns here, not just this post , but dotted all over this board. I have met some really lovely, genuinely helpful people on this board, and others not so nice and helpful.
You do realise that not only North Americans visit and post on this board! What I am seeing here is giving me a very very bad impression of not only North American riders, but North Americans in general! I am sorry, and you may jump on me, but this IS how the rest of us are viewing things like this.
Mystic Realm, I am impressed by your optimism and your willingness to improve. You may have a way to go yet as others on the board have suggested, but you have what it takes and this is shown in your happiness over even the slightest improvement. Good for you!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm a self confessed horse boot fanatic, I own more pairs of horse boots than human shoes!
New Zealand Appaloosa Owner!!

HarveyHunter
Jun. 9, 2003, 09:36 PM
AnnaBelle: hehe http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I agree with you totally...and congrats on your 100 on your english final at your school http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif i think mystic has probably stopped reading this post which has gotten WAY out of hand...lets hope she stopped before all the rude comments toward her and her horse

*Katie*

WingedPanda
Jun. 9, 2003, 09:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cheeky_appy:
You do realise that not only North Americans visit and post on this board! What I am seeing here is giving me a very very bad impression of not only North American riders, but North Americans in general! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry, most of us are not like that. Thank god, because if we were, I'd have emigrated by now!

The occasional doofus isn't a good representative of the "average" North American equestrian. Just for some reason, our doofuses seem to be louder than other country's doofuses...hmm..."doofuses" - or is that doofii? Heehee.

One of the lessons of history is that Nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say.
- Will Durant

AnnabelleQF
Jun. 9, 2003, 09:43 PM
Awww Thanks Harvey! I was pretty proud of myself as I worked my butt off all year in his class! Maybe I will get my friend to help me put some pictures of me and Waddle-Duckie (B.C.)--that'll be a laugh a minute!
Also- I know the mare is jumping flat, but she doesn't seem to be having trouble with the height (not that it's too terribly high) and her knees are square. Does anyone agree?

*QuietFlight*
*As You Wish*
*Shameless*

AnnabelleQF
Jun. 9, 2003, 09:45 PM
WingedPanda (btw I love your user name!)- I am thinking it is probably "doofusses." Although, "doofii" sounds very cool to say out loud!

*QuietFlight*
*As You Wish*
*Shameless*

wanderlust
Jun. 9, 2003, 09:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jean:
I think its really sad that some people have to fly half way around the world to find a horse that can get them around a 3 foot course.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm... took the words right out of my mouth.

Eq, you've got me speechless. You have opportunities provided to you that most people can only dream of. How you can be such a bitter, nasty, mean-spirited and ungracious child is beyond me.

I wish you much luck in life once your parents aren't paying your way.

cheeky_appy
Jun. 9, 2003, 09:57 PM
I think it is doofi!
lol
Well just some examples found around this board truly terrify me! Maybe we are just a little more relaxed down here in the south Pacific? I try to fit in here, but often retreat with my tail between my legs! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
And I don't think that it is all bad spelling as much as it is bad typing. Goodness knows, if anyone jumped on me for my spelling of
Centre or tyre as a couple of examples, I could tell them exactly where to stick it, as that is how those particular words are spelled here in New Zealand.
I was just wondering if SOME of you knew what a fine impression that you were making on the rest of the world!http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I'm a self confessed horse boot fanatic, I own more pairs of horse boots than human shoes!

MysticRealm
Jun. 9, 2003, 10:04 PM
Eqnjumperrider&gt;&gt;its two bad that u(like me) hve self esteeeem problums. but un like mee u chooose two taek it oot on auther peoples. i am srry that u hve low self esteeem. and i dew not caer if me grammer be bad, it no mater much

Thank the rest of u for standing up for me. I am constantly trying to improve. I love having video tapes of myself so I can learn. Unfortunately my horse did some crap to her soft tissue on the back of her pastern or whatever, and is on bute and hand walks just for 10 more days so I can't practise this stuff for a bit. But will go straight back to work once my baby is better.

MysticRealm

fleur
Jun. 9, 2003, 10:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Eqnjumperrider&gt;&gt;its two bad that u(like me) hve self esteeeem problums. but un like mee u chooose two taek it oot on auther peoples. i am srry that u hve low self esteeem. and i dew not caer if me grammer be bad, it no mater much <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

wanderlust
Jun. 9, 2003, 10:07 PM
cheeky, she's making the same nasty impression on all of us. I think some people need to put others down to make themselves feel better.

I'm going with a Shakespeare quote to explain this whole ridiculous interchange with eqnjumperrider: "The lady doth protest too much."

Great response, Mystic. Consider me a member of your fan club. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Kachoo
Jun. 9, 2003, 10:15 PM
Wow, I leave for a little while to go take that "Test The Nation" IQ thing, and when I come back, this thread has exploded.

I'm glad that most of you guys enjoyed my grammar-police post. I certainly had a lot of fun writing it http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. I should, however, point out that I wasn't trying to say that everyone's grammar should be perfect at all times (God knows mine isn't). I was just making it clear that there's no need to bash other people for something so pointless - especially if you yourself are not that great at the thing you're bashing them for in the first place. That point is applicable everywhere in life.

AnnabelleQF - interestingly, I thought something similar but didn't mention it earlier. I've always been of the opinion that most really good horses look rather crummy over fences that don't begin to challenge their ability. Therefore, making the claim that someone's beastie isn't especially talented based on a couple of photos of some small fences is completely off-base. That mare doesn't begin to look like she's even trying yet. But then, what do I know http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif?

Oh, and I think it's "doofi." You know, as in "cactus - cacti," "octopus - octopi," "doofus - doofi" http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

Cheers,
Susie

fleur
Jun. 9, 2003, 10:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> But then, what do I know ? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh come on, Kachoo, give us a break. Showing in the 4' and 4'3 jumpers means NOTHING if you aren't currently in Europe buying next year's champs http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

(OK, off to bed now!)

eqnjumperrider
Jun. 9, 2003, 10:19 PM
LOL..It's so funny that you think I would fly to Europe to look at horses to do 3 ft. on. That's classic, anyway, I will be happy to post pictures as soon as I return. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

eqnjumperrider
Jun. 9, 2003, 10:32 PM
Ok, I am going to be the big person here. I'm sorry you couldn't handle one little comment.(I realize most of you agree, yet you can't admit it)... Anyway, in regards to this post if this is what you want to hear then fine, here it is: MYSTIC IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FABULOUS, SHE IS SUCH A GREAT RIDER. HER HORSE IS GORGEOUS and has AN AMAZING JUMP... SHE HAS NOTHING TO WORK ON, AND I THINK WE SHOULD ALL TELL HER HOW PERFECTLY SHE RIDES http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

HarveyHunter
Jun. 9, 2003, 10:35 PM
mystic: Way to be the bigger person hun!( your whole grammar bit..i dont know how to qoute yet...if anyone wants to help me out with that...please do! http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gif)

Eq: i really feel sorry for you. Im sorry that you are so bitter toward people on the boards...i only hope that you arent towards people in your life! And i hope you grow up soon.

P.S. who said you fly to Europe to get a 3 foot horse?? http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gif And do post those pics...i think we'll all be waiting

*Katie*

HarveyHunter
Jun. 9, 2003, 10:38 PM
Eq: i must have posted at the same time as you..please explain to me and all the rest of us how you are being the bigger person by your last post? Girl please grow up!

*Katie*

cheeky_appy
Jun. 9, 2003, 10:49 PM
Teeheehehehe eq what a fine impression I have of you!! Good job!
(Oh yes, sarcasm, what a wonderful thing!!)
Kachoo, when I go to Spruce Meadows one day (my honest dream!) can I please have your autograph? Seriously, you are a neat person!! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif(this last comment was not sarcasm)

eqnjumperrider
Jun. 9, 2003, 10:54 PM
I would be happy to explain. I understand that some of you think my post was harsh, fine, you're entitled to that. I think it is lame that you only are picking on me for saying negative things (i.e. read some posts before mine). I am being the bigger person by ending this conversation, and saying what you all want to hear...
~*~*Bien, cela est tout pour le moment. Bonne nuit!~*~ http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

cheeky_appy
Jun. 9, 2003, 10:59 PM
Don't worry eqn, its not only you that I am wary of here. I have met some people whose views have shocked and appalled me on this board. But others here really are lovely and genuinely helpful.
Good luck to everyone in the future!
Cheers!

Kachoo
Jun. 9, 2003, 11:13 PM
eqnjumperrider - hey, it's not so much that people wanted to single you out for no reason at all. Perhaps you weren't that much harsher than certain others in your criticism, but your comments about the grammar issues, MysticRealm's horse's ability, and the little "p.s.s.s." at the end really did make your post seem like it was being written purely to be mean. Most of the others offered suggestions for improvement or at the very least managed to temper their comments a little by saying that if MysticRealm is happier and more confident with the new trainer, that's already a good thing. It's fine to have an opinion about something and to tell someone what they might be doing wrong, but you can do it diplomatically. I think that was the only point of contention when it came to your post. That said, no one's perfect, and if you really are willing to be big about this, I'm willing to take you seriously.

cheeky_appy - you can have my autograph if you'll let me tape you saying something. I think the New Zealand accent is the coolest thing ever. I clinicked (sp) with Bruce Goodin a few times and was nearly willing to mess up on purpose just to hear him say, "Ker-rist! Come beck to thet fince again, and this time, use yer brine!!!"

And on that note, I am off to dream about Owen Wilson for eight hours http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

Cheers,
Susie

[This message was edited by Kachoo on Jun. 10, 2003 at 02:22 AM.]

Atypical
Jun. 9, 2003, 11:28 PM
Mystic Rider, I think you have taken the suggestions of the people on this BB well, especially the incredibly rude postings of some people in particular, and shown a lot of character. True, you still do ahve some fundamental problems, such as the short release and falling back, but on the whole you look and SOUND in your posts much more confident, which is a big step.

Kachoo: You're hilarious, that's just all there is to be said.

Eqr: If your posts were in any way constructive people wouldn't jump on you, but to simply come out and say a person doesn't want to just admit they're a sh***y rider is a shot below the belt my dear, way below. I find it rather heartless actually. I ahve read some of your other posts as well,and you've made similar comments to people who have cheap tack and you seem to like to stir the pot. (The Nylon tack thread) By the way, I have cheap tack, and will likely have to borrow boots for my next A show. Doesn't mean I'm a bad rider, just wonderfully horse poor like many others.

Mystic seems wonderfully invested in her riding and her horse, and did not deserve the cruel, it was cruel, comment. have fun in Europe, hopefully you'll come back with a better attitude. Mystic, congrats on your improvements and I for one would like to ehar updates.

HarveyHunter
Jun. 9, 2003, 11:49 PM
eq: if someone else had said "some people just cant take the fact that they are shitty riders" or had commented on how the definition of mystic realm in no way resembled mystics grey mare...i would have jumped all over them too. And from reading other posts of yours, you seem to like to get in little tiffs like this...maybe its what you live for who knows. Its sad tho...i think enough said. Have fun in Europe buying a 3 foot horse http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gif http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gif http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

*Katie*

cheeky_appy
Jun. 10, 2003, 02:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kachoo:
cheeky_appy - you can have my autograph if you'll let me tape you saying something. I think the New Zealand accent is the coolest thing ever. I clinicked (sp) with Bruce Goodin a few times and was nearly willing to mess up on purpose just to hear him say, "Ker-rist! Come beck to thet fince again, and this time, use yer brine!!!"

.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG lol I thought my accent was the most comic thing on earth!! Never mind someone thinking that it is the coolest thing on earth! haha
"Hoi me neme is Deebbie oi hive in appahloossa cooled Checky!"
O.M.G lol too funny.

SmellyCat
Jun. 10, 2003, 05:07 AM
eqnjumperrider - do your parents have any more money they want to waste? I have a great 3 foot horse you should buy.

MysticRealm
Jun. 10, 2003, 06:50 AM
Hehe. thanks guys. But it is true that this person probably has low self esteem. alot of people who pick on other people do not care for themselves much and are trying to make themselves feel better by making others feel worse. but generally it is a loosing battle, for people start to not like these people and so the person is left with less friends and/or well wishers than they had before.

MysticRealm

Bugs-n-Frodo
Jun. 10, 2003, 07:07 AM
Mystic, I do see more confidence in the second photo, keep it up. There is nothing wrong with working hard, as you are obviously doing, to get where you want to go.

~Amy, Bugs and Frodo~

caffeinated
Jun. 10, 2003, 07:23 AM
mystic- kudos for your sense of humor in handling the craziness that this thread has become. LOL

Sorry to hear your mare is down for a little while. Maybe it will be helpful... sometimes after little breaks like that I actually ride better. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

tidy rabbit
Jun. 10, 2003, 07:32 AM
Holy unthinkably rude comments, Batman.

This is a crazy thread!

Mystic, you're a gem for seeing through all of this for what it is. With such a good attitude you'll be sure to find success in the arena and other places in life too! Good for you.

~~Every year the senseless slaughtering of millions just for their hides. Poor little Nagas.~~

Baileybff
Jun. 10, 2003, 07:42 AM
Eq~ Darlin' http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif, you need to go take some socialization classes! How in the heck do you make it in the real world with that holier than thou attitude? It's fine to be critical...but you take it to a new level.
You know, some people forget that we all had to start somewhere. Not all of us (as you must have) come out of the womb a know-it-all, able to leap large buildings in a single bound.

OH...and there is this little thing called Karma. You might want to look that one up. What goes around comes around. I actually feel sorry for you!
Nat http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/dead.gif

"A horse is a horse of course of course"...This person obviously never met MY horse!
*Who Knew*
*Frosted Flakes*

fleur
Jun. 10, 2003, 07:49 AM
eqnjumperrider, I will agree with everyone else that the only reason people are "picking on you" is not that you gave MR negative comments, but that you delivered them in a deliberately mean manner, and you called MR a shitty rider! That's just cruel, and not helpful. If you pointed out all her errors in her riding and suggested what she might have done to fix them, now that would have been helpful http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SquishTheBunny
Jun. 10, 2003, 07:59 AM
Being so into grammar, eq.... You should know that P.S.S.S means "Post Script Script Script." Does that make any sense to you?

P.S. - You don't make a "P.S.S" before a "P.S".

P.P.S - "P.P.S" would be used for a post script after a post script, meaning post post script.

Also, we are all waiting for you to post pictures of yourself. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Ivy: Pre-Green
Cody: Baby-Green
Kaeden: Baby

drifting cloud
Jun. 10, 2003, 08:21 AM
Mystic -- good luck to you. I really respect that you want to improve and that you are working hard to do so. Keep at it. You will see results! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

eqnjumperrider -- piss off! Isn't there a hateful, spoiled little sh** forum you can post on instead of posting here? http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

"The power of acute observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Emstah
Jun. 10, 2003, 08:47 AM
Ok, I'm an event rider and just stepped over here to see what other fellow forumers were discussing, and came across this dispicable display! I guess the rumors of how snotty, rude, and unpleasant hunter/jumpers can be are true, thanks to people such as eqnjumperrider.

I am pleased to see, however, that there are some decent ones out there, but I'm afraid that eqnjumperrider, and others like her, are giving your sport a bad name. It must be really sad to go through life being so angry at everyone.

Good work to Mystic, and others here who are offering helpful advice to another searching for answers, for working each day to improve your riding. That's all we can do is our best and work every second to learn and grow.

I'm not sure eqnjumperrider has many aspirations to improve herself. I am glad she is willing to post pictures of herself on her $1,000,000,000 horse from Europe- but who wouldn't look good on one of them!?

Thanks, eqnjumperrider, for confirming some of my thoughts about the h/j world, but I think now I'll go back to my friendly world of eventing.

RugBug
Jun. 10, 2003, 08:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pantera:
Looks like you got that three dot thingy figured out. This board is so educational!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, not quite. If an ellipsis is used at at the end of a sentence you add another dot to indicate completion of the thought.

That's probably the only grammar rule that I remember well. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Kachoo: You dream of Owen, I'll dream of Luke. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Bugs-n-Frodo
Jun. 10, 2003, 09:14 AM
Emstah, what you said about the H/J world is exactly what I was trying to say before. I came from the dressage and breeding forums. I don't think it is everyone, just spoiled little over induldged brats like eq that bring everyone else down. I think it is great that her dad and mom can afford to buy her horses from Europe, but I would love to see what she could do with a retired race horse. I am not ashamed to admit that my parents had no money, I worked hard to get and keep what I have. I rather enjoy the fact that I did it myself.I know there are many of you who feel the same way. I don't feel as though I have to spend top dollar to get a horse who will be competitive.

~Amy, Bugs and Frodo~

AnnabelleQF
Jun. 10, 2003, 09:24 AM
You guys don't think we are all bad do you? I know my parents could afford to take me to Europe and buy an expensive horse but I'd rather go to Florida http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif j/k. No for real though, that whole comment someone made about "being the bigger person" (come on think back...) was so rude. I hope that person doesn't act like that off the internet...because she would get slapped. I HOPE everyone thinks that their horse is wonderful, whether it's a $500,000 imported warmblood or a crazy $4000 OTTB. So Mystic, keep putting your signature on your posts. I think it's sweet.
So There.

*QuietFlight*
*As You Wish*
*Shameless*

Bugs-n-Frodo
Jun. 10, 2003, 09:35 AM
Annabelle, I used to show H/J so I know that not everyone is like that. EQ is just an extreme case. My point was that one person's nasty comments and attitude can reflect on an entire group of people. It is a shame that she feels it necessary to behave in such a mean and rude way.

~Amy, Bugs and Frodo~

Instant Karma
Jun. 10, 2003, 10:02 AM
What I would like to know:
Where are the pics of Eqnjumperrider? From the way she is speaking, we all have some lessons to learn from her. We can all oogle over her perfect leg and perfect automatic release. Maybe one day, a few of us can become half as skilled as Eqnjumperrider!
And I guess, along with achieving that level of riding, we'd all need to scour Europe for that $$$$$ 3' horse.
Alrighty then!!!!!

Erin and Instant Karma
"Sweet freedom whispered in my ear
You're a butterfly
And butterflies are free to fly
Fly away, high away, bye bye..."
~EJ
http://hometown.aol.com/ws6transamgirl/index.html

M. O'Connor
Jun. 10, 2003, 10:04 AM
Ohhhhhhh my GOOOOOOOOD-NESS!!!

Here I go, checking out this &lt;&lt;critique-me&gt;&gt; thread, and what on earth did I get into?

I think Mystic deserves a COTH BB award for starting one of the most COLORFUL threads we've seen in a LONG time...(however unwittingly and innocently she did so!!)

I too am astonished and shocked (I tell you...SHOCKED!)by the tone of eqnjumpwhatever's posts...

But, that didn't even come close to my reaction to Kachoo's masterful reply--indeed, after I get finished cleaning the spilt/spitted tea that splattered all over my desk as I nearly reimpinged my poor shoulder while trying to hold back the laughter, I just may be able to elaborate on this...(Elipsis? Is that what I use all the time???? Did I leave out an S or a P? Ah, but the bliss of knowing&lt;&lt;...&gt;&gt;has a name, the bliss!)

Let me get this straight...Is it "eqn"jumperider to distinguish your particular state of jumperider from that of the riders of canines, felines, etc? (How about just getting a LIFE? In Europe, perhaps; yes, get a life THERE...and don't bother with the photos...)

OOOPS--I will be late for the spelling bee...must run...will tune in later....

MCL
'r' H/J/HEq

AnnabelleQF
Jun. 10, 2003, 10:11 AM
Haha M. O'Connor--I was wondering the same thing, esp. since this is the Chronicle of the HORSE bulletin board. "EQN" as opposed to what? Motocross? Ok- that was a little catty but still not as bad as calling someone a "sh***y" rider.

*QuietFlight*
*As You Wish*
*Shameless*

fleur
Jun. 10, 2003, 10:17 AM
Hmm, well. I assume she means Eq as in equitation, not equine http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Bugs-n-Frodo
Jun. 10, 2003, 10:18 AM
eq is going to have a lot of catching up to do with all of these posts! Poor Mystic, she just wanted to show us how she has improved and this whole thing goes spinning out of control!

~Amy, Bugs and Frodo~

Smart Alec
Jun. 10, 2003, 10:37 AM
"Ok, I am going to be the big person here"

http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gif
http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gif
http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gif
http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gif
http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gif
http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gifhttp://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gif
too funny!

"Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?"
~Homer http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Quinn
Jun. 10, 2003, 10:38 AM
Kachoo, I have always admired your riding abilities. And, I have found your wit to be quick, biting and never offensive. Having said that, I now feel inclined to hold you in reverence after that truly inspirational, albeit somewhat caustic retort. Rock on!! http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gif

"If you are going through hell, keep going." ~Churchill~

jackandlily
Jun. 10, 2003, 10:41 AM
Mystic- Congrats on totally kicking a$$ on this thread! You said you have low self-esteem, but dang girl, it takes a LOT of guts to stand up after some of those comments and laugh them off. And then to laugh at offensive comments about your grammar, that is priceless. Great work, and while we may not be as perfect as our wonderful eqnjumperrider ( http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/sigh.gif), you have progressed. Good luck and keep working hard like you are!! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Eq- I really hope you have realized that it takes just seconds to light a fire, but incredible amounts of time to put them out. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Congrats on a GORGEOUS representation of how riders should act. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

And BTW, SmellyCat, some of your comments were HYSTERICAL. Especially this one:

Originally posted by eqnjumperrider:
It is really sad that some people can't accept the truth that they are just shitty riders

And shitty grammer too. Bad on you equinejodpurs!

http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gif

Member of the Hot TB Mare Clique

LH
Jun. 10, 2003, 10:49 AM
WHAT A THREAD!!!

Mystic, looking for an honest critique is very brave. I have pictures on my office wall where my horse is jumping the freaking living best, my position is great, but I know I had 8 faults in the Low A/O Jumper Classic. So, having a great looking picture means what? I look pretty but my horse and I can't get the job done? Yep, that's pretty much what it means!! Honestly, my jumper is 16 and sometimes can't get his hind end out of the way of the front oxer rail, so he was just relegated to the A/A ring. Who cares? Just about every trip I have is fun, safe, and we have a good time. I know we look good, my position is very good (okay, in some picures I'm peeking down a little) and solid, and we always look like we belong in the ring. When I decided to move down a division so that he could keep showing, I reminded myself that I have nothing to prove to ANYONE but myself and my horse. I did my first show back down at the 3'6" jumpers, he thought it was a blast, and there we are!

Your horse may be a little flat for the hunter ring, but I bet if this picture was over a jumper-type jump, the comments would have been different. I've ridden lots of horses that have a flat jump, which in turn makes it harder to give a big release (there's no "pop" out of the tack). Which also means that it may be harder for you to get a little more out of the tack (off the saddle). And if the horse is wearing a pelham (as it is in the pic), maybe it has enough of a pull that you don't want to give a big release so that your horse is together on the other side of the jump.

I haven't seen any comments saying any of this!

You and your horse present a very workmanlike picture. Actually, my reaction is that your position is just like some of the more "old fashioned" positions you see in, for example, the older GM Horsemanship book. Seriously, check it out! Your position may be a little out of date or style, but you are certainly going the right direction! I think you need to drop your heel more (maybe too much weight on the stirrup) and drop your knee down on your saddle so that you can better wrap your lower leg around your horse first -- that will give you a different base of support, help you better and more independently support your upper body, and allow you more independent use of your arms (from your shoulders to your pinkies). Riding without irons and continuously making sure that your leg is underneath you (not out in front of your kneee) will help your position. In the hunter ring, you probably should be looking straight ahead at the end of the line, but if this was an eq course, you're fine. Is your right hand a little higher than your left?

No matter what, it's the journey itself, and not necessarily the destination. Hope your horse heals quickly!

By the way, have we seen any pics on this thread of the b*&ch who made the really rude comments? Thought not.

tle
Jun. 10, 2003, 10:54 AM
Eq -- no wonder people have the H/J stereotype of the spoiled-rotten, bitchy princess. Thanks for upholding that image. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

-- from an eventer who frankly would be embarrassed to be in the same sport as you (and am embarrassed to be the same species)

Mystic... whatever self-professed esteem issues you have, you certainly haven't shown them here. Keep working and having fun!

If Dressage is a Symphony... Eventing is Rock & Roll!!!

"All's well that ends with cute E.R. doctors, I always say." -- Buffy

eqnjumperrider
Jun. 10, 2003, 11:21 AM
haha, I am going to europe to get a high junior, not a 3 ft. horse http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

slainte!
Jun. 10, 2003, 11:21 AM
so i'm still waiting for eqnjumper to post her grand prix 3' pictures...

-Liz
"The sight of that horse did something to me I've never quite been able to explain. He was more than tremendous strength and speed and beauty of motion. He set me dreaming" - Walt Morey

drifting cloud
Jun. 10, 2003, 11:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>haha, I am going to europe to get a high junior, not a 3 ft. horse<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think the pilot should eject you out of the plane when it is halfway over the ocean.

"The power of acute observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

eqnjumperrider
Jun. 10, 2003, 11:28 AM
I have one quick question... Just because of what i said, you all seem to think I do the 3ft. Frankly, I would be embarrassed to do the 3 ft. Furthermore, Bugs and Frodo, I too, decided to get a few cute horses off the track for fun, and I was able to ride them quite well. Since you all seem so interested, I am looking at horses to hopefully do young riders and high jrs. on.

I also find it hilarious that you are all commenting on my riding abilities when you haven't seen me ride before. http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gif

soxy
Jun. 10, 2003, 11:31 AM
Eqnjumperrider - why not post some pics?

Dana
Sox Appeal
Dulcinae

Fox Ridge Farm (http://imasleep78.brinkster.net/FRF/)

Schatten
Jun. 10, 2003, 11:34 AM
wow, i'm from the dressage board and just happened to see this VERY active thread.

Eq, if you are embarresed to do the 3 ft, i'm guessing you've never started a young horse, or ridden anything but made horses before?
hmmm, yep, i would most definitely hold your riding abilities in high esteem. http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gif http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gif

As for no one seeing pics of you riding, post em up! i bet everyone here would love to see them! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

http://community.webshots.com/user/lskel84

Bugs-n-Frodo
Jun. 10, 2003, 11:35 AM
BRING IT ON EQJUMPERRIDER! Show us what you are made of, let's see some pictures of your "flawless" riding! Let us all critic your "style." Or, do you not have the guts to post your picture on the bb for all others to see?

~Amy, Bugs and Frodo~

eqnjumperrider
Jun. 10, 2003, 11:35 AM
Hehe, ya, a green horse is one thing for the 3ft (my bad), but to post a picture of a horse that can barely make it over the jump at 3 ft is another thing.

caffeinated
Jun. 10, 2003, 11:37 AM
I have one quick question... Just because of what i said, you all seem to think I do the 3ft. Frankly, I would be embarrassed to do the 3 ft. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are just so good at making yourself likeable, aren't you? heh.

drifting cloud
Jun. 10, 2003, 11:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I too, decided to get a few cute horses off the track for fun, and I was able to ride them quite well.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Was this before or after you sent them to a trainer?

I would also challenge you to ride in a horse trials (dressage, cross-country, stadium). Training level would be fine, since 3' is so beneath you. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

eclipse
Jun. 10, 2003, 11:44 AM
Hmmmmm, why am I having the gut feeling that Eqn. is not as good as she thinks she is? If you are so well qualified to do the higher jumpers, why no pictures? Me thinks you do protest to much. Or, are you only waiting until you get a "good enough one"? Maybe, you could post a little video of you riding instead?

Oh, and to say that "but to post a picture of a horse that can barely make it over the jump at 3 ft is another thing." How do you know how high a horse can jump especially seeing that you have NEVER seen this horse in real life!! And hun, maybe you should come upto Spruce Meadows once in a while, and watch some of the BNR's jumping their horses over "those little 3ft jumps".

wanderlust
Jun. 10, 2003, 11:46 AM
Eq- the reason everyone knows you jump 3' is because you made multiple references in previous posts within the past year to doing children's jumpers.

RugBug
Jun. 10, 2003, 11:48 AM
but to post a picture of a horse that can barely make it over the jump at 3 ft is another thing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, to be young, a know-it-all and apparently rich. You're buying the horse or would it perhaps be your parents who are buying it for you? Hopefully they won't find out what an arrogant little thing you are and decide you need to pay your own way.

My horse doesn't jump more than 2'3" and I would gladly post a picture of him if I could get it from the photographer.

milk warts
Jun. 10, 2003, 11:49 AM
Hey Eq- are you still riding with Damian Gardiner?

Atypical
Jun. 10, 2003, 11:49 AM
Unbelievable......seriously, you're just unbelievable. You have to be one of the most spoiled, pretencious, witchy people I've seen on these boards in a long time. First you insult the rider, then her horse. And IMHO if you would actually look at the horse you would see it doesn't look like she is making a tremendoes effort over said 3' and in all liklihood has scope and jump to spare.

The 3' is nothing to be embarassed about, especially if you're working through issues or coming up through the ranks. You're just lucky you can afford a horse that will be able to CARRY you through the higher ranks. You are exactly what gives hunter riders their bad name and it's unfortunate. I say bring it on and post some pictures of yourself so you can get a taste of your own medicine. And by the way, if you were my kid, or if I was your trainer, I would be soo embarassed to ahve you in my barn.

Bugs-n-Frodo
Jun. 10, 2003, 12:07 PM
OBVIOUSLY EQ does not know the value of a dollar. I prefer to be a rider rather than a passenger; I have NEVER ridden a made horse. If her dad has to buy her made horses to get her in the ribbons at the shows, no wonder she has feelings of inadequacy. Some of us have to work to get what we want. Also, EQ, if you are such a good rider, shouldn't you be at the barn riding instead of posting on this board? Oh, I forgot, you are too good to practice.

~Amy, Bugs and Frodo~

eqnjumperrider
Jun. 10, 2003, 12:09 PM
I wish I could ride today, but I have finals starting tomorrow http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif. This summer is going to rock. Btw bugs and Frodo, I don't only buy made horses (but then again, you wouldn't know, would you?) http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

eclipse
Jun. 10, 2003, 12:13 PM
Oh, excuses excuses...always an excuse!

eqnjumperrider
Jun. 10, 2003, 12:14 PM
Hmm, I didn't think that taking finals is an excuse, but whatever... I have to to keep my grades up to get into Princeton/Harvard/Stanford/U of P http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Sam Iam
Jun. 10, 2003, 12:15 PM
This "EQ" person isn't real, right? This is being done on purpose to get a rise out of everyone. "EQ" is a troll. That's what it's called here, isn't it, when someone is pretending? If he/she is for real...I'm speechless.

Mystic, best of luck to you and your horse. I agree with others, you do look much more confident and relaxed in the second picture, and in my humble opinion that is huge progress. Keep working at it, just like the rest of us less-than-perfect riders with less-than-perfect horses. It can still be fun and rewarding without the total perfection "EQ" has achieved.

Calvincrowe
Jun. 10, 2003, 12:16 PM
Ooh, it's like watching an episode of Maury or Springer! I teach kids like Eq. They thrive on being the center of attention, and will do just about anything to be there, good or bad. It is best to just smile, nod and move along.

As far as Hunters being spoiled princesses/queens, I don't think that phenomenon is limited to the H/J world,now is it! We've all met the bad ones, we all know the good ones (and Mystic, you're a good one! I'd love to have you in my classroom). Let's move along, make nice, take our grammar books and go home, since EQ won't play nice, that is!

(I'm sure I've made some writing errors, but let's chalk them up to literary license, shall we? http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JAGold
Jun. 10, 2003, 12:17 PM
Hmm, I didn't think that taking finals is an excuse, but whatever... I have to to keep my grades up to get into Princeton/harvard/stanford/U of P http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In that case, head out to the barn! I went to one of those schools as an undergraduate and am headed to another as a graduate student -- and I can tell you that no grades in the world will be high enough to overcome the problem your attitude will present to the admissions committee. (Oh, did I mention that alum help read applications at at least two of the schools on your list?) --Jess

tle
Jun. 10, 2003, 12:18 PM
I'm probably wasting my breath (and keyboarding) but here goes.

Eq... you keep saying people don't know you, have never seen you ride, etc, so how can they make such comments. Well, how could you make those comments from 2 pictures?? Good grief, you made a huge leap from someone who's form is not quite correct but admittedly is working with a trainer and trying to get it right... all the way to "shitty rider"... yet all you've seen is 2 bloody pictures! Good grief! And if you can't ride because you have finals, what the h#ll are you doing here instead of studying? I'm with the others -- me thinks she doth protest too much. I smell another MJ.

eqnjumperrider
Jun. 10, 2003, 12:19 PM
I don't really have much to worry about in regards to getting into any of those schools, but thanks for the advice. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I can't wait to go to an elitist school. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

sorry for the spelling error.. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

wanderlust
Jun. 10, 2003, 12:22 PM
I don't really have much to worry about in regards to getting into any of those schools, but thanks for the advice. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I can't wait to go to an elitest school. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As a shoe-in, shouldn't you know how to spell? It is "elitist," not "elitest."

MissingInAction
Jun. 10, 2003, 12:26 PM
eqn~ Just to let you know, even if you have the most expensive horse or are the smartest person, with an attitude like yours, you're not going to get anywhere. Talent does not garauntee you a free ride to anywhere, whether it be the Olympics or Harvard.

Bugs-n-Frodo
No EQ, I wouldn't. Like I said, I prefer to be a RIDER not just a PASSENGER http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

~Amy, Bugs and Frodo~

Row Wisco, Row!
Please, Dear EVIL child. Let me know the name of your (I'm sure it's a private) jet's pilot. I'll contact them and have them drop you off somewhere over Wisconsin so I can smack you around for awhile. Maybe then your poor (rich) family can enjoy some quality time in Europe to themselves.

Seriously. You're 16 freaking years old. I hope your personality behind the wheel isn't as spastic and dangerous as it is here. I'm glad I'm over a thousand miles away! You're lucky the people on this BB, let alone the people in your life, have put up with you and your crappy attitude thus far.

Please, oh great guru of the Children's Jumpers...enlighten us with your vast knowledge and impeccable skills http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

IF YOU'RE WILLING TO DISH IT OUT, YOU'D BETTER BE WILLING TO TAKE IT!

(I like SmellyCat's quote http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif)

Just be aware...any trainer in their right mind would (hopefully) kick your ass if they ever heard you talking this way, but unfortunately, you probably spend most of your time around similarly oblivious, obnoxious individuals. And don't think people don't know who you are. There are so many people on these boards you're NOT safe behind your BB Name. In the real world, it's called 'Six Degrees of Separation." In the horse world it would more appropriately known as ONE degree of separation. You aren't dealing with idiots here. You're up against 100% prime disgruntled MATURE people. We can pick out the frauds, the trolls, and the just plain rude like no one else. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Find something more constructive to do with your time...please, study for your tests, or ride a horse or something.

WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND.

Watch your back girl. You've made a LOT of enemies at a very young age. There is still time to turn it around and 'right' yourself-there are many posters here on the BB who have done just that. But you're about to reach the age when you will be held accountable for your words and actions...Mommy & Daddy's $$ can only protect you for so long.

You can be the best rider in the world, but with a shitty attitude like yours, you won't get far. No one likes people that act this way. They are world-renowned and dreaded. The choice is yours....

Whether you go on with horses, or enter the real world, you need a SERIOUS attitude adjustment ASAP, and belive me, that's not something any amount of $$ can buy. It only comes with effortful practice.

Sorry for the srong language, but I think anyone involved in this thread can handle it. This is my emphatic plea to you... DO THE RIGHT THING.

P.S. Ivy League schools hate people like you. You'll get cut up so fast there. Sure, they'll take your $$, but that doesn't mean they WANT YOU. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

P.P.S. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Hee hee...God I'm good! I was accepted to ALL of those schools as an undergrad WITH EASE. I didn't go to any of them because I didn't have the $$. And I'm sure glad I didn't dig it up! Like everyone's good buddy Eminem, there seem to be just a few too many of YOU wandering at those places! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Edit to add one final postscript:

P.P.P.S. I have been to YR before, and the people there hate your type. You'd better have some BIG skills to keep up with your big mouth, or they're gonna have you eat dirt and pay. http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gif

I'm sorry folks, but it looks like we're in for a LONG summer...school's out! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

To be great is to dare to rise above the sea of mediocrity and surround yourself by the elite...
To be excellent is to never give in to the mental weakness or fear.

[This message was edited by Row Wisco, Row! on Jun. 10, 2003 at 03:35 PM.]

[This message was edited by Row Wisco, Row! on Jun. 10, 2003 at 03:55 PM.]

gwen
Jun. 10, 2003, 12:28 PM
I don't really have much to worry about in regards to getting into any of those schools, but thanks for the advice. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I can't wait to go to an elitist school. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

sorry for the spelling error.. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, it's nice to have parents who can pay off those schools to get you in...sorry, had to do it

**BARB***

JAGold
Jun. 10, 2003, 12:28 PM
You know, I believe that someone posted the name of equnjumperrider's trainer earlier. I wonder how he would feel about seeing how his student presents him/herself? Easy enough to e-mail a link to this thread. --Jess

Odie
Jun. 10, 2003, 12:29 PM
I've been following this thread, and I must say I am disgusted. I am also very embarassed because of how this looks to those outside of the h/j world, and even those posters from outside of North America. If my Dutch trainer could see this, he would laugh himself into next week.

Mystic, good for you for the way you've reacted, and good luck with your horse.

http://www.blackcreekhorses.com

shmon
Jun. 10, 2003, 12:33 PM
I also find it hilarious that you are all commenting on my riding abilities when you haven't seen me ride before. http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I find it sad that you pass such quick judgement on a person and their riding abilities based on TWO pictures. You haven't really SEEN Mystic ride, have you? Hello, pot. This is kettle. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

It's also sad that I'm embarassed FOR you - not only becasuse of your unintelligent drivel, but also your hypocrisy and your total unlikability. God, I'd hate to see the way you treat your horses if you treat your fellow human beings this way. You obviously never had an ounce of responsibility, moral value, kindness, patience, or understanding ever instilled in you. You're extremely quick to point out how $hitty a rider that Mystic is - perhaps I should point out the $hitty job that was done in raising you.

------------------------------
"Enjoy Boredom...
...It's all you've got to look forward to." - Eeyore

eqnjumperrider
Jun. 10, 2003, 12:35 PM
Just to clear some things up. None of you have ever met me, so don't start casting judgements on my level of responsibility, moral values or anything of that nature. I am sorry for offending all of you, including Mystic, you're right, it was not very nice. I apologize.

Odie
Jun. 10, 2003, 12:36 PM
Wow, eight pages later http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

good booie
Jun. 10, 2003, 12:38 PM
Perhaps it's time to lockity-lock this one. http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/dead.gif

Love my Quarter Horse!

GA Clique!!!

Galileo1998
Jun. 10, 2003, 12:39 PM
Eqnjumperrider - I was just having a look at Damian Gardiner's website and didn't see your name in the Results section of the site? You should really ask him to put your results on there as well http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

shmon
Jun. 10, 2003, 12:40 PM
Just to clear some things up. None of you have ever met me, so don't start casting judgements on my level of responsibility, moral values or anything of that nature. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once again...hello, pot? This is kettle.

Don't tell others not to judge you if you can't keep your mouth shut about them.

And thanks for the apology, if it's sincere - even though it's a little late for that http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

"Enjoy Boredom...

eqnjumperrider
Jun. 10, 2003, 12:45 PM
Galileo- I don't ride there anymore.. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Row Wisco, Row!
Jun. 10, 2003, 12:48 PM
Mystic!

I'm SO sorry... I totatlly neglected you in that last post. I was having FAR too much fun playing with the troll.

Anyway, you've got some balls girl, posting those pics on this BB. I'm an Eventer who just wandered over here for the first time in a long time, and was horrified (by the messages, not your pics). I envy your braveness. I don't know that I could do it.

I think you're very much on the right track. You've got a great attitude (Don't be so down on yourself...I've had a horrible complex of similar nature for ages http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif) As long as you're working the hardest you can, you're doing great.

I'm going to spare you further criticism, b/c I think it'd be beating the beaten horse. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
You know your weaknesses, and you're working on them. That's far more than we can say for someone....

I really can't pass any judgement on you as a rider or horseperson, having only seen two pictures. However, you seem to be a friendly, pleasant individual, and I commend you. (We've also seen proof that you actually have anything to do with horses) You've proven yourself to be the bigger of two individuals without rude, defensive, fighting behavioiur. THANK YOU.

Take a peak at my signature quote. I think you could be a poster child. You've definitely exposed yourself to a self-proclaimed elitist (who seems to be nothing more than an obnoxious troll riding on the coattails of successful parents), and you haven't faltered. Congratulations! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

By the way, if you ever get sick of your current pursuit and the unfortunate 'bad crowd' it draws, you have great makings of an eventer. You are a fun, honest, all-around neat person. With the qualities you've described, and the pics I've seen, I think she could be a good event pony http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Come on over and give us a try sometime!

YOU GO GIRL

~Ann

To be great is to dare to rise above the sea of mediocrity and surround yourself by the elite...

MissingInAction
Jun. 10, 2003, 12:48 PM
Odie~ Don't you mean 9 pages!! http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gif

wanderlust
Jun. 10, 2003, 12:51 PM
Oh, that's right. I remember you talking about going to ride with Holly Hugo-vidal. Bet she'd be less than thrilled to hear about it, too.

Odie
Jun. 10, 2003, 12:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by customfine:
Odie~ Don't you mean 9 pages!! http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeesh! No kidding!! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Baileybff
Jun. 10, 2003, 12:57 PM
Bwah ha ha ha~ Smellycat! Ok, I'll admit, you made me LAUGH!!! Well, almost pee my pants rather http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gif.

You know...I have no respect for those who 'crown' themselves. Those I respect (not that anyone gets excited over having MY respect) are those who PROVE themselves by actions...not by spouting out who they are, what they have, what they've done, etc,. SHOW US...DON'T TELL US!
Of course, if your appology was sincere...it was a bit late. You've already made it clear to us "who" you are.
I'm with those who want to see your pictures. Make sure they are OF YOU though...LMAO!

Mystic~ as I said before...Keep up the good work. I think it is wonderful if you can take all this with a grain of salt (which you should). Again, consider the source! Please don't be afraid in the future to show us some updated pictures of your progress. There are plenty of us here that would LOVE to see them!
Nat http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

*Who Knew*
*Frosted Flakes*

tle
Jun. 10, 2003, 12:58 PM
Oh come on Tally... do you *really* think anything EQ's said so far is remotely true outside her fantasy world? First she has to study to keep her grades up so she can get into an elite school... but she doesn't have to worrry at all about getting into an elite school 3 posts later? I doubt she even has a DONKEY to ride much less a jumper. My guess is that her "trip to Europe" will end up being a trip to Europe Bay, Wisconsin or Europe Peak, Wyoming. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

BTW, thanks for mentioning this thread. If i thought anything she has said about her equestrian "career" has actually happened, I'd think she was a relative of the person I was venting to you about. http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gif

Row Wisco, Row!
Jun. 10, 2003, 12:59 PM
That WAS NOT an adequate, sincere apology.

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL HUMANITY, tle, PLEASE, NOT WISCONSIN!! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Unless you choose to spout out your hole at me personally, my work here is done.

I'm checking out and returning to my beloved Eventers. Love y'all! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Good luck Mystic!

phone sneakers
Jun. 10, 2003, 01:00 PM
I accept that I'm a shitty rider. That's why I need to go to Europe to buy my horses.

wanderlust
Jun. 10, 2003, 01:04 PM
Yeah, TLE. This is great fun. Although I'm still going to pass the link and quotes on to Damian and see what he has to say about it.

Knowing what I do, if she was actually there at one point, I wouldn't be surprised if he kicked her ass out of his barn. I'll keep y'all updated when he responds. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

JAGold
Jun. 10, 2003, 01:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Row Wisco, Row!:
FOR THE LOVE OF ALL HUMANITY, tle, _PLEASE, NOT WISCONSIN!!
I'm checking out and returning to my beloved Eventers. Love y'all! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, RWR, I've been meaning to figure out if we know eachother. I went to high school in Wisconsin. And there aren't all that many eventers there. --Jess

magellan
Jun. 10, 2003, 01:19 PM
This is such a funny thread! There are so many back-handed commments; God, it's like a soap opera or something! This has got to be a record, 9 pages and still going strong for a "look at my picture" topic. We're even attracting the eventers and dressage people, can't help but look at a car crash, right?
Wow, it takes all kinds in this business.

Oh, and I wanted to add something for eqnjumperrider: I would be a little more careful. There are a lot of people that read these boards, and I don't think it is that hard to find out who you are. Just remember that when you put something up here, a lot of people read it and remember it, so you may want to monitor what you write a little more closely. I think people will remember your comments here for quite a while...

It's a sad day in American capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park.

kenbiki
Jun. 10, 2003, 01:39 PM
I must say ,eqrider,you're a wonderful human being...ugh,gag,gag. Go crawl back in your hole,varment.

Giddy-up
Jun. 10, 2003, 01:42 PM
I am riveted to my screen. Just read the entire thread cause I heard about it on ANOTHER thread. Can't even describe the feelings. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif Appalled. Disgusted. Shocked. Then encouraged took over when posters started standing up to this EQ person. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif And now people have figured out who you are??? http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gif I am sorry. http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/dead.gif

magellan
Jun. 10, 2003, 01:47 PM
Just curious, on which thread did you read about this one?

It's a sad day in American capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park.

HarveyHunter
Jun. 10, 2003, 01:53 PM
oh wow look at this thread...i think im to fault kinda...i was the one who jumped all over eq about correcting mystics grammer...and let me add..miss princess eq..you tried to say my name was not grammatically correct..."eqn" um...ok maybe you should have looked at that before you said anything about my name.
But anywho, this thread has been interesting for me to read and respond to. For those people who have decided that ALL h/j people are like eq...please dont. Yes, there are many of them who are, but also a lot who arent.

hey and nothing is wrong with European bred horses http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif i love my european A/O hunter to death! (and im not in any way standing up for Eq princess with this statement http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gif)

*Katie*

eqnjumperrider
Jun. 10, 2003, 02:01 PM
Um HarveyHunter, I don't recall ever "attacking" your BB name..

phone sneakers
Jun. 10, 2003, 02:05 PM
Dammit, did no one see that I accept the fact that I'm a shitty rider? http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

FairWeather
Jun. 10, 2003, 02:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by milk warts:
Hey Eq- are you still riding with Damian Gardiner?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

not sure who milk warts is, but always appears at the perfect moments http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

*smooch* (again!)

MysticRealm
Jun. 10, 2003, 02:07 PM
Thanks all for defending me but even though Eqnjumperrider isn't being terribly nice we shouldn't be calling her names. Like I siad before, she has low self esteem so feels it is necessary to bash others to try and make herself feel and/or look better.First off if we bash her we would be sinking to her level, secondly if we bash her we are continueally lowering her self esteem even more, making it more likely for her to bash more people to try to make up the difference.

Eqnjumperrider&gt;&gt;Even though u don't like me and probably wont't follow my advise here it is anyway. U seem to be almost in the danger zone of low self esteem, making u dangerous to urslef(either u will bash some people and they will go bash your face in, or u will commit suicide), I suggest taking some time from your studying and go and see a counciler, they can help u. I wish u the best and hope that u get better and stop hurting other people(it does u no good)

MysticRealm

Cashew4ever
Jun. 10, 2003, 02:17 PM
GOOD GOD! Every time I finish reading a page of this thread another page pops up! This thread is crazy!
Mystic-The second picture is a big improvement and I love your horse. I bet she is even nicer over bigger jumps because as someone said before, she does not even appear to be trying over 3'. Oh Yeah, and 3' is nothing to be ashamed of! I'm showing 3' for the first time this year and loving it. I've worked up to it and I feel good about myself. I've jumped higher at home, up to 3'9.
The height of a fence does not define how good a rider is or how good the horse is.
EQ, I feel bad for you that you think you're so superior to everyone else. I'm the same age as you and I'm thankful for everything I have, and I work for what I have.
Anywho, Mystic keep up the good work!

Caution: Beware the Mare!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/cashew4ever

shmon
Jun. 10, 2003, 02:19 PM
Phone sneakers, your shittiness as a rider is so obvious nobody felt it was necessary to comment on it. But I'd love to see some pictures proving it!

http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

And MysticRealm, I just wanted to let you know that I think you are a real class act. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Amazing how mature a 16-year-old can be, especially when contrasted with another particular 16-year-old. My hat's off to you.

"Enjoy Boredom...

Giddy-up
Jun. 10, 2003, 02:22 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by magellan:
Just curious, on which thread did you read about this one?[QUOTE]

TheGreatPious (sp?) started a thread asking for picture critiques despite MysticRealm's thread response so I went looking for this one. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

phone sneakers
Jun. 10, 2003, 02:22 PM
Sorry, no pictures. My religion does not allow graven images.

milk warts
Jun. 10, 2003, 02:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FairWeather:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by milk warts:
Hey Eq- are you still riding with Damian Gardiner?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

not sure who milk warts is, but always appears at the perfect moments http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

*smooch* (again!)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad to be of service, FW. Consider me the avenger of ignorance, stupidity and meanness.

cheeky_appy
Jun. 10, 2003, 02:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Odie:
I've been following this thread, and I must say I am disgusted. I am also very embarassed because of how this looks to those outside of the h/j world, and even those posters from outside of North America. If my Dutch trainer could see this, he would laugh himself into next week.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As a very "non american" you have hit the nail on the head there, as I expressed earlier! lol

wanderlust
Jun. 10, 2003, 03:39 PM
It appears there is one thing that Eq was not lying about.

Per Gennifer Gardiner, Damian's wife, this child has not been at or associated with Damian Gardiner Stables since February.

Jazmin
Jun. 10, 2003, 03:40 PM
I think that by posting these pictures, you should expect a variety of comments, and Im sure you did. However, there is a DISTINCT difference between the people that are humble and are truly trying to help you, and the people that think they are prima donnas and god's gift to horseback riding. You obviously are humble enough to put your pictures up here and accept criticsm from those who are ALSO humble. And those who CLEARLY aren't, aren't even worth your time. They should take their comments and shove em cause no one wants to waste their time listening to their snobby,too-good-for-anyone attitude. They most likely think they are too good to accept critism so they decide to pick on others, like yourself. Don't let what they say get you down. Keep working on your faults, EVERYONE has them. The only way to differentiate the group is there are ones that realize their faults, change them and improve, and there are ones that walk around with their noses up in the air. I dont know about you but I'd sure rather be placed into the first group!!

Bugs-n-Frodo
Jun. 10, 2003, 03:42 PM
Harvey Hunter ~Nobody is bashing European horses. My mare just had a colt by a stallion who was the first member of his family to be born in the US. If it were not for European horses, I would not have my wonderful colt! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

~Amy, Bugs and Frodo~

Bugs-n-Frodo
Jun. 10, 2003, 03:44 PM
Hey EQ, Where are your pictures???? I am dying to see a perfect rider!

~Amy, Bugs and Frodo~

FatAppyRosie
Jun. 10, 2003, 03:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Thanks all for defending me but even though Eqnjumperrider isn't being terribly nice we shouldn't be calling her names. Like I siad before, she has low self esteem so feels it is necessary to bash others to try and make herself feel and/or look better.First off if we bash her we would be sinking to her level, secondly if we bash her we are continueally lowering her self esteem even more, making it more likely for her to bash more people to try to make up the difference. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very nicely said.

But this thread, 10 pages? Really has anything gotten accomplished in the last 4? I think we have beaten the dead dog over and over. Mystic- keep working, it's getting there!

Appaloosas, always easy to spot.
http://community.webshots.com/user/ifihadwords4u

the eleven
Jun. 10, 2003, 03:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kachoo:
And on that note, I am off to dream about Owen Wilson for eight hours http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

Cheers,
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HANSEL!!!!!!!!! (am i thinking of the right person?)

-------------
formerly porfidio

-I don't know, don't really care... Let there be songs to fill the air- Grateful Dead

Copper Queen
Jun. 10, 2003, 03:59 PM
I wish I could ride today, but I have finals starting tomorrow http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif. This summer is going to rock. Btw bugs and Frodo, I don't only buy made horses (but then again, you wouldn't know, would you?) http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So your parents have money and they're willing to spend a lot of it to get you out of their lives for a few days each week. Good for you. The first thing anyone in this business learns is how most horse show parents are just as ignorant about raising normal children as they are about horses.

shanesgirl
Jun. 10, 2003, 04:07 PM
Wow. I rarely post here, but have been lurking about and obviously came across this [lengthy] thread.

I sincerely hope I never come across this eqnsomethingsomething snob-girl and Uberthreefooter from Europe. Talk about giving our discipline a bad name!

Especially if you really ARE going to do the Highs and YRs, because that's what I show in [showed-financial situation prevents current showing], and if I ever saw your poor packer struggling to haul your inaccurate, terrifed rear around a Highs course, I might just laugh my ass clean off.

Anyway, sorry for fueling the fire, but as a fellow Californian as well as a fellow Junior rider, and, hell, a fellow human being, I am just disgusted.

-Alex-

"Just ride the damn horse!"

PeriwinkleBlue
Jun. 10, 2003, 04:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>HANSEL!!!!!!!!! (am i thinking of the right person?)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Luke's my main man, though - Kachoo can have Owen. http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gif

He fell for her like his heart was a mob informant and she was the East River.

Janeway
Jun. 10, 2003, 04:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pantera:
[So your parents have money and they're willing to spend a lot of it to get you out of their lives for a few days each week. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heck I'd pay them to get her away from us! What a little sh*t http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gif

The sooner Eq learns she is not a precious pumpkin to anyone but her parents, the better off she will be. Sorry hun, but you don't hold a candle to 99.9% of the other good junior/young riders out there. Stick around in Europe and you'll find out you're the bottom of the class, in more ways then one.

Its not the destination that matters, its the journey

eqnjumperrider
Jun. 10, 2003, 04:38 PM
I'm not going to dignify that with a response. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Bugs-n-Frodo
Jun. 10, 2003, 04:41 PM
Good, now go outside and play with your rich friends...run along...

~Amy, Bugs and Frodo~

*In Your Dreams*
Jun. 10, 2003, 04:53 PM
Don't feed the trolls.

Andrea
*Funny Cide Clique*
Destruction leads to a very rough road But it also breeds creation -Red Hot Chili Peppers

Sinfulpony
Jun. 10, 2003, 05:26 PM
Alright, alright, alright.... I thinks its time we end this thread. while I dont think eq. was being classy or nice in the least I think we need to back off. I understand she stirred the pot but everyone jumping on her isn't good either. I am in no way standing up for her because eq. rider whether you remember or not you were a beginner once too, you had off days, you had tough horses, you didnt have the most brilliant horses... ya you know what I mean but I think you got to remember, whether you are a good rider now or not, ( I am not convinced yet that you are) that you also were once at that stange and getting on mystic's case is no way to go about it. Also do take note that many people read this thread.. your friends, people you look up to, and even your trainer could be on here reading everything you write. I am glad your parents have the money to buy you nice horses because not that many people are that blessed... but believe it or not some people do not have all the money in the world and have to settle for what they can afford.. no they may not be the next 4 foot hunter but they serve the purpose for their owners. Good luck finding a horse and I hope for your sake that no one figures out who you are because at that one show where you mess up you are going to be pretty embarrased.
Everyone else that sticked up for mystic thats great... but we have gotten to off topic here that I think this topic should be ended. Please lets all try to get along and eq. rider step back and everyone else take a breather.. lets just end this

Duffy
Jun. 10, 2003, 05:39 PM
Okok, my bad, to keep this thread alive, but I just have to add my kudos to others to Kachoo!! Rock on, girl!

"B***h in training"

AnnabelleQF
Jun. 10, 2003, 06:03 PM
Hahaha the only thread that was better than this was SunkistBaby's from waaaaay back! That was incredibly long...although no one called her a shitty rider! Sorry Hilary darling-I had to bring it up! I LOVE JAKE!

*QuietFlight*
*As You Wish*
*Shameless*

Muddy Waters
Jun. 10, 2003, 06:05 PM
I think it looks like you took off from a close spot in the first picture and just are a little up on the neck. In the second photo it looks like you took off a little farther back from the jump and are already past the peak of the jump so you appear to be in the back of the tack a bit. I dont think anyone should judge someone so prescisley from a picture, its a moment in time, every jump is diffrent in motion. I think you look fine http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

~*Muddy Waters*~
~*Seaborne's Schooner*~
~*Summer's Kiss*~
~*Campus Flirt*~
www.SeaborneFarm.com (http://www.SeaborneFarm.com)
~*Adult Pony Rider Clique*~

Jaysee
Jun. 10, 2003, 06:10 PM
Dosage check time http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

~*~*~*~*~*~
Yep I'm a biker...
~*~*~*~*~*~

SoEasy
Jun. 10, 2003, 06:24 PM
OK folks ... move along ... find something else to do ... cause this one is history. http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/dead.gif