PDA

View Full Version : Should I take the risk? (renting a farm)

2LaZ2race
Jan. 30, 2010, 10:00 PM
edited to add: I wouldn't mind taking in boarders but I'm not really looking to run a big operation.

dmalbone
Jan. 30, 2010, 11:22 PM
Is it wrong to take a risk in this economy esp while having a "job" not a career?

I'll be the downer and say yes. sorry. :( It just doesn't seem like nearly enough of a benefit for $500 more. That's a LOT. Plus... if you need to be discussing financial help from your parents on top of not having a steady job it sounds like it's pretty clear that it's a bad decision. I honestly don't see the benefit to you other than having an arena. An arena isn't worth the $500 a month to me! Sure, there's another small barn, but can you afford to put anything in it on top of the $500 a month!? I wouldn't think so. What benefit would that other barn be to you? I would save that $500 a month towards the future and possibly getting a place of your own one day.

HiddenAcres
Jan. 30, 2010, 11:28 PM
Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Would you be able to/have time to take in a boarder or two for some extra $?

You'll save some gas, some time, and no-one's "career" goes as smoothly as they think it will. It sounds like a nice opportunity and I'd take it if something like that landed in my lap.

dmalbone
Jan. 31, 2010, 12:04 AM
But with a boarder or two you'd have to pay the insurance also. Right?