PDA

View Full Version : WE BOUGHT A PLACE IN THE COUNTRY!!! :) :)

Firefilly
Jan. 29, 2010, 10:42 AM
Woohoo!! Well, some of you on here may have been suspecting this due to a few of my questions on other threads, and I couldn't say anything until it was all official..... but now it is!

We bought a little place in the country and it has a barn and a nice large garage/workshop too! My horses can come home!!! I can't wait. The closing date is March 19th. We need to re-do the stalls in the barn (to make them suitable for two Belgians!) and also put up some fencing, but hopefully by June 1st our horses will be living on our property with us!!!

And a week before this all took place, my boyfriend also surprised me by proposing!!! Woohoo!!!!

What a great start to 2010 so far...... :D

JBCool
Jan. 29, 2010, 10:58 AM
Can your boyfriend come talk to mine? I'd be perfectly happy to settle for just a ring, seeing as how my horse has a good place. Just kidding. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Zu Zu
Jan. 29, 2010, 11:18 AM
WOW WOW WOW CONGRATULATIONS ON ALL !!!!

MunchkinsMom
Jan. 29, 2010, 11:48 AM
Congrats!

TrotTrotPumpkn
Jan. 29, 2010, 12:40 PM
I'm a tiny bit jealous but a lot more happy for you! Can't wait to see pics. Even the before and after (like farm HGTV).

Bluey
Jan. 29, 2010, 01:06 PM
That is very exciting, congratulations on both big events.:cool:

AppJumpr08
Jan. 29, 2010, 01:25 PM
How exciting!!
My fiance and I followed a similar pattern last summer :)

Congratulations :D

ThatScaryChick
Jan. 29, 2010, 06:37 PM
Congrats on the home and the proposal!

oldpony66
Jan. 29, 2010, 06:54 PM
What a week!!!! Congratulations on both!!!

MonicaTranbyMutka
Jan. 29, 2010, 07:03 PM
Best wishes to you on the marriage and the farm. I have to admit I'm a bit jealous too! How fun to get all set up and look out your windows and see your horses. My dream your going to live it...

clivers
Jan. 30, 2010, 06:26 PM
Congratulations on both!!! Great news! :)

mvp
Jan. 31, 2010, 12:36 PM
That's great! A man and some land in one week!

Waddja get? In the way of the farm, not the boy, that is.

Firefilly
Feb. 1, 2010, 12:29 PM
We purchased a little 2 acre place. I know 2 acres isn't a lot of land, but as a kid I grew up on a 2 acre hobby farm and we had two horses there - and actually in the summer we had three and sometimes even four horses live there!!

Anyway, there is a nice big older style 2 storey home, a nice large double bay garage with a loft above it (perfect for hubby to work on fixing things like the carriages, horse trailer, etc!!) and then a small little barn. Behind the place are all sorts of fields - so once we get all moved in, I will do a little visiting with the neighbours and see if there is any way we could ride and drive the horses along the edges of their fields. And maybe one day we can even rent an acre or two from them, to give our horses more pasture land.

riverpup
Feb. 1, 2010, 06:58 PM
That is so neat! Congratulations!:)