PDA

View Full Version : GA peeps ~ can anyone check out this Aussie at Spalding County An. Shelter

cvl
Jan. 28, 2010, 09:31 AM
This one is in the Spalding County animal shelter. Scheduled to be PTS 2/2/10. Look for "Nardo". http://www.spaldingcountyanimalshelter.com/dogs2.htm

He's a cutie. Aussies are great dogs! Anyone??.............

Louise
Jan. 28, 2010, 09:46 AM
There are two of them, picked up at the same place, and identical looking. The other is Navarro. They're both beautiful animals.

mjrtango93
Jan. 28, 2010, 01:24 PM
Actually all 3 on that page seem to be from the same place, and similar enough looking to all be related. That top one Namir definately looks like one of the group.

In the Air
Jan. 29, 2010, 09:53 PM
OMG Nardo looks just like Furgie, the aussie I got from Lori at sunkissed acres. Someone go and get him....

In the Air
Jan. 30, 2010, 06:08 PM
Is there anyone close to this shelter who can go and see this dog? I have a home for him if he is quiet and friendly. He is scheduled to be PTS on the 2nd.

In the Air
Jan. 31, 2010, 06:26 PM
bumping for any assistance in saving one...

cvl
Jan. 31, 2010, 07:42 PM
I changed the title of the thread ~ maybe that will help. Anyone???????

LovelyBay
Jan. 31, 2010, 11:00 PM
OMG this is going to make me cry! Look at that black lab on the last chance pets page! And the yellow female mix... :( I would go save the black male if I wasn't across the country. They are going to be destroyed tomorrow :-( We have a black lab and a yellow lab....:(

**Just keep telling myself, "this is why you spay/neuter and train your animals"....**

Calamber
Jan. 31, 2010, 11:33 PM
For those who want to adopt out of state or town, and need someone to go look, contact Saving Georgia Dogs. They will go to the kennel, in fact they already do go every day. They will pull, they can make arrangements to go to the vet, although it used to be that you could bring the dog to you and then have it neutered. It just had to be done within a certain time frame and proof sent. In any case, there are many volunteers who also arrange boarding until transport can be found. Good luck. This is a gassing facility.You will have to call in the am, speak to someone at the desk and put a hold on the dog, you will be asked to fax a signed adoption agreement so be prepared.

I pulled five different dogs when I was living in Virginia Beach and it all worked out well, every dog was great. They do not let dogs who show aggression out of the kennels at all.:(

In the Air
Feb. 1, 2010, 12:06 AM
I just sent an e-mail to the Georgia dog group to see if anyone there can help. :sadsmile:

Sorelle Farms
Feb. 1, 2010, 03:20 AM
I'm in Athens, about 2-2.5 hours away from Spalding County, but if you really want him, I can pick him up for you and hold onto him until you can arrange transport. Let me know if you need the assistance.

cvl
Feb. 2, 2010, 12:09 AM
Bumping for the Aussies. Tomorrow(2/3/10) is D-Day :(

Hopefully there will be a miracle for them!