PDA

View Full Version : Valley Bumper Pull Horse Trailers?

Wind
Jan. 27, 2010, 08:08 AM
I have been looking at Valley horse trailers (and others makes as well). Any opinions on the Valleys? Are they good quality, do they hold up over the years?

Heart's Journey
Jan. 27, 2010, 08:23 AM
I have seen several here in South Fla and they all had rust on them within a short time. They appear to be a lower level steel trailer looking at the welds, hinges, overall contruction, etc.

I have found that steel trailers don't do as well in Fla due to the high humidity, lots of rainy weather, and salt air. Depending on where you live, they may hold up better.

Paddys Mom
Jan. 27, 2010, 10:34 AM
I have a 2007 Valley 2H step up straight-load bumper pull trailer and I am happy with it.

I did have a couple of things modified after purchase.

My trailer dealer added hold backs for the tack room and horse doors. He also added a pin to secure the divider in the center because my big new guy was wreaking havoc while unloading for a while.

pintopiaffe
Jan. 27, 2010, 11:35 AM
I looked at them long and hard before going with S&S.

I *hated* the way the chest and tail bars attached, it's a sort of keyhole drop in. It just looked to me like one wrong lean and the whole thing would be bent and bar would be stuck. That may or may not still be the same. It was a huge jaws-of-life call waiting to happen...

The ramps were very steep and I guess maybe short? I dunno. Just very steep compared to others I was looking at.

They were pretty 'rattly' (as in noisy, loose center divider I guess? ) just to walk around in as a human.

I did like that curtain doors were standard, and I liked the V-nose. Plenty wide and tall without that being 'extra.'

For an entry level trailer, I guess they're ok. Even the finish looked better on the S&S.

Honestly, I was going to buy a Valley, until the dealer up here said they would not hold one for two weeks with a $1k deposit. Which was the best thing that ever happened, because then I found the S&S.

I think you might do better with a slightly used better brand, unless you are trying to finance.

Paddys Mom
Jan. 27, 2010, 12:33 PM
I *hated* the way the chest and tail bars attached, it's a sort of keyhole drop in. It just looked to me like one wrong lean and the whole thing would be bent and bar would be stuck.

Trust me - my new big guy has tried very hard to bend the butt bar and has not succeeded. :D

The ramps were very steep and I guess maybe short? I dunno. Just very steep compared to others I was looking at.

No ramp trailers for me - just step ups. :)

They were pretty 'rattly' (as in noisy, loose center divider I guess? ) just to walk around in as a human.

The pin I had added to the divider helps immensely with this.