PDA

View Full Version : eby trailers vs all others

paintjumper
Jan. 26, 2010, 11:45 AM
I am pretty smitten with the Hawk made Balanced Ride trailers but my friend just got a used Eby and she says it is by far the best trailer she has ever owned, even though it is used. This trailer needs to be my last, so I want the BEST MADE trailer. Are Eby's really .....all that? You know, made better than all the others?

blaster
Jan. 26, 2010, 08:24 PM
I'd say yes. Eby also makes trailer for the 18-wheelers. Their trailers have things that a road proven. If your wallet can stomach the payment, I doubt you'll have any regrets.

MunchkinsMom
Jan. 26, 2010, 08:27 PM
I would say yes also, I really wanted one, but no dealers in my area, and for a few dollars less I got a Shadow instead, especially since I don't haul much anyway. If I were a true weekend warrior, I would have bought the Eby instead.

AppJumpr08
Jan. 26, 2010, 08:45 PM
I have a 1990 Eby that is just as rugged as the day it was built. The thing is SOLID. As much as I love my 2001 Merhow, I'll probably stick with Ebys from now on.

paintjumper
Jan. 27, 2010, 10:49 AM
I guess I will look there. Are they sold in various places or do you need to go through their company? I have not done any real investigations into Eby until now.

MunchkinsMom
Jan. 27, 2010, 11:11 AM
I think if you are looking for new, you can get a list of dealers from the Eby website (at least that is where I looked). Just like any other brand of trailer brand, they have dealers that are contracted to carry their brand.

HossShoer
Jan. 27, 2010, 12:39 PM
Try contacting the company and deal direct. well worth the drive.
They always have used trailers in inventory.
Best trailers in the world. They hold their value.
I wouldn't haul anything else.
John

Cloverbarley
Jan. 27, 2010, 04:56 PM
After a lot of research and talking to people I bought a 2005 Eby trailer brand new back in 2005. It is such a well made trailer and I have never once regretted buying it. I actually ordered it and had to wait 3 months for it to be built and delivered which was the only down side as I wanted it there and then after parting with such a large amount of cash! It was well worth the wait though. :)

tveley
Jan. 27, 2010, 06:54 PM
I have one of the big 18 wheeler variety stainless steel Eby trailers (2000 model, 6 horse H/H with large a/c dressing/tack room) that still looks brand new. I absolutely love it. Of course driving a large trailer with a semi to pull it is not always practical, so I also love having my Brenderup for smaller loads and short trips.

starkissed
Jan. 27, 2010, 07:04 PM
Eby's are by far the best trailer out there. A lot of them are commercial and made for cattle and stuff- so they are definitely strong. They don't have little stupid stuff that breaks

And compared to Hawks, there is just noooo comparison

cssutton
Jan. 27, 2010, 10:57 PM
I guess I will look there. Are they sold in various places or do you need to go through their company? I have not done any real investigations into Eby until now.

If you live near NC, L. B.'s in Harmony, NC, is a dealer and carries them in stock.

CSSJR:

camohn
Jan. 28, 2010, 07:03 AM
In an age where a lot of the "old reliable" brands are no longer being well built...yes. If I had to buy another trailer I would get an Eby.

paintjumper
Jan. 28, 2010, 08:17 AM
all I am finding are 7' or a very few 7'3" tall. I am going to need 7'8" or taller. Do they make them that tall? I have shot off an email to Eby, but it has not been answered yet.

tveley
Jan. 28, 2010, 08:39 AM
I know my Eby is at least 8' tall inside (13' 1" outside), but it is one of the tractor/trailer sized ones. I do not know of any of the smaller trailers that come that tall. My very large warmbloods look downright average in it, no risk of bumping a head on the ceiling!

HossShoer
Jan. 29, 2010, 02:47 PM
paintjumper, I think you have to call the office, not the fastest email returners out there. LOL

paintjumper
Jan. 29, 2010, 04:04 PM
They still have not returned the email ;)
Guess I'll call them.