PDA

View Full Version : Deworming barn chart

Curiously
Jan. 24, 2010, 01:48 PM
Some time ago, someone on COTH posted a link to a barn chart for deworming that gives info on rotating medications and a schedule for dosing. The website (manufacturers of a brand of dewormer) offers to mail you a free laminated chart that you can post at the barn.

Great, sounded good to me, so I ordered one. Waited a few months, got nothing. Looked up the site again (getrotationright.com), and requested it a second time. Still no go and that was September (they say to wait 3 to 6 weeks -- and yes, the site still says that even though they apparently don't respond to such requests).

I tried to print it out from the website and it comes out in miniature -- about 4X6 inches and unreadable. Yes, I pulled up the screen with the *printer-friendly* version of their chart. :no:

Of course, I could make a chart by hand or on the puter, but I really liked the way they had it set up. PLUS, biggest point, with the info printed up like that, the barn owner just *might* read it and get the point about using the correct rotation of medications (rather than just ivermectin and moxidectin and using nothing else, ever :sigh: ).

Anyone have any suggestions on where to find such a chart that I could print out?

LauraKY
Jan. 24, 2010, 02:53 PM
Actually some vets are recommending a rotation with Zimectrin Gold or it's equivalent and Quest Plus. So maybe they are following vets orders?

fivehorses
Jan. 24, 2010, 07:27 PM
pm me. I have that chart, picked it up at Equine Affair.
I will try and scan it, and send it to you.

MoonWitch
Jan. 24, 2010, 10:01 PM
Here's a link that was helpful to me:

http://www.moniteausaddleclub.com/deworming.htm#Sample%20Paste%20Wormer%20Rotation%2 0Schedule