PDA

View Full Version : Cross Post- Looking for a trainer in BUCKS COUNTY PA

SonnyandLacy
Jan. 22, 2010, 03:27 PM
I'm looking for a dressage or CT/Eventing trainer, with lesson horses. I have my own, but ones too lame and ones too young. Ive been out of a lesson program for years. I need a trainer who can give me a great foundation, and soemone who will help me professionaly train my baby when the time comes.

Thanks in advance.

bogie78
Jan. 22, 2010, 07:15 PM
If Quakertown, PA is within reasonable driving distance, I would definitely recommend Jane Cory. She teaches lessons out of Travelda Farm. She has 2 of her own horses she uses for lessons and a couple more at her disposal - so there is some flexibility in matching you with a horse appropriate for your comfort/skill level. I will send you her contact information in a personal message.

bogie78
Jan. 22, 2010, 07:40 PM
You may also want to reach out to Laurie Jolliffe - http://www.lauriejolliffedressage.com/.

I took several lessons with her a couple of years ago. At the time she had one lesson horse and when he went lame, unfortunately I had to find another lesson facility. There's always a chance she has more lesson horses now.

I really enjoyed her lessons. I spent the first 3 or 4 lessons doing nothing but walk and trot and working on my position! hah! Eventually, I upgraded to cantering and some lateral work. But it was great for achieving subtle improvements in my dressage position and just growing a better understanding of dressage in general. Laurie does a great job of walking her students through dressage concepts and connects all the elements of position and movement together in a way that is very easy to understand.

SonnyandLacy
Jan. 22, 2010, 08:28 PM
Thanks, I will definatly look into Laurie. Looks like she bought dancing star farm? She is on my list.