PDA

View Full Version : Carrolton Ga. People

pj
Jan. 22, 2010, 10:03 AM
Understand y'all had some really rough weather last night. Everybody ok?
Wonder if Mcintosh got slammed...again?

spotnnotfarm
Jan. 22, 2010, 10:09 AM
Hey PJ!

Thanks for asking. It started dying out quickly. We had heavy raion for 20 minutes and some lightning but that was about it. I am going to call the head for Carroll County parks about McIntosh today. They should have a firm opening date in the next few weeks.

pj
Jan. 22, 2010, 10:20 AM
:)
Glad y'all are okay. The weather guy made it sound really rough...tornados even!

Let me know what you learn about Mcintosh. I miss that place. I haven't ridden my mare but twice in the last several months due to fighting a wld.
Now the wld is gone, she gets shoes on Monday and she is out..of..shape.
Mcintosh would be the perfect place to start her back in work.
I did ride her at Roosvelt Fri. but only for a little over an hour and tried to keep her off the trails with the most rocks. Bless her heart you'd have thought she'd been ridden every day she was so good. Even took her through a side trail that lot's of left over halloween decorations were still up and she didn't bat an eye. Made me proud. I love my gal and can't wait to get back in the saddle full time!
:D This is me all excited.

pnalley
Jan. 22, 2010, 04:42 PM
I bet we got 3 inches of rain. It is muddy & muck here. No dangerous weather though.

spotnnotfarm
Jan. 23, 2010, 07:49 AM
Here is an update on McIntosh-doesn't look good:cry:.
http://www.times-georgian.com/view/full_story/5638362/article-McIntosh-Reserve-Park-remains-closed-following-flood-while-government-figures-out-a-plan?instance=TG_home_story

pj
Jan. 23, 2010, 09:36 PM
I bet we got 3 inches of rain. It is muddy & muck here. No dangerous weather though.

I'm glad y'all didn't get the rough stuff they were talking about. Scarey.

ChocoMare
Jan. 25, 2010, 10:02 AM
And now with this past weekend's rain, it'll probably be delayed even more. - le sigh -

pj
Jan. 25, 2010, 10:38 AM
Has anyone heard anymore about Black Jack Mt? A friend told me that a friend told her that people were riding there even though it's not open yet.
I keep intending to take a trip to see where you park and so forth but due to the weather that just hasn't happened yet.

spotnnotfarm
Jan. 25, 2010, 01:44 PM
PJ I know all about Black Jack because I may have an event there in June. Basically you are not supposed to ride there but people are. I was told it is ride at your own risk. It was supposed to open this spring but due to red tape it is been puton hold. If I have my event there I am allowed to ride there to get to know the trails. I would love a buddy!! By the way, I may have BIG news about my event in June, look in Off Couse tomorrow!!