PDA

View Full Version : Aiken 2010 Roll Call

CookiePony
Jan. 20, 2010, 12:23 PM
Will you be in Aiken this year?

I will be there March 6-14, staying at Jumping Branch and doing the Full Gallop HT the second weekend.

If you're feeling sociable, post on this thread. If you're feeling *really* sociable, post whether you might want to have drinks or dinner with me during the above week. :cool: It would be fun to meet you/ see you again!

Hopefully we can get RunForIt to come visit Rasta then... RiverBendPol will be there... clivers, I've noticed your posts...those are a few off the top of my head.

sch1star
Jan. 20, 2010, 12:28 PM
Pony and I are about 75% certain to be down from the last weekend in Feb to Mar 15. Staying at FGF. And a COTH get together would be fun!

RiverBendPol
Jan. 20, 2010, 12:30 PM
I'm always ready for drinks and sociability:)
I sent a spy around to the farm we're renting and it turns out, it is a real party house-huge insides and ginormouse porch so come on over. Em and I get there Sunday next (31st), the rest of the gang falling in throughout the week. Come on over!

LuckyStar
Jan. 20, 2010, 12:31 PM
Just posted this on another thread...but we'll be making our maiden voyage to Aiken last weekend of Feb and staying to Mar. 15 as well!

CookiePony
Jan. 20, 2010, 12:32 PM
Party at Pol's!!! :winkgrin:

RiverBendPol
Jan. 20, 2010, 12:32 PM
Party at Pol's!!! :winkgrin:

:winkgrin::cool::lol::yes:

tarheelmd07
Jan. 20, 2010, 12:33 PM
I'll be there Feb 4th-15th, stabling at Jumping Branch and doing Sporting days on the 6th/7th, Full Gallop on the 10th, and Pine Top the 13th/14th. I'd love to meet up with any Coth folks who will be down there early :)

yellowbritches
Jan. 20, 2010, 04:34 PM
I am 90% sure we will be done for all of March. We're still hashing out the last details and trying to decide if we'll take one or both of one clients' horses, and if only one, which one, etc, etc. Looking to do Full Gallop and Pine Top.

RunForIt
Jan. 20, 2010, 04:44 PM
I'll be down for the weekend of Full Gallop FOR SURE!!!!! AND, the weekend of Lellie's event too...nice thing is that we have that week off from school so I hope to go down Wednesday but at least by Thursday...cannot begin to tell you how excited I am!!! :cool: :D :cool:

FLeckenAwesome
Jan. 20, 2010, 05:44 PM
I may be over that way for the March FG show too :) Debating that or Pine Top, but if I also do Chatt Hills in April, FG is the better choice....

So.. probably!!! Plus, I was just there on Monday schooling, so I definitely plan to do more of that :)

harehound
Jan. 20, 2010, 06:07 PM
My son and I and our 2/3 horses will be staying at Kim Ziegler's lovely farm for the month of March. Son and his Irish beast have to be serious and work hard.... me and my pony... not so much.
Party at Pol's place sounds good to me .... :)

clivers
Jan. 20, 2010, 06:11 PM
Sign me up for the Party-at-Pols!!!
We're going to be in AIken from Feb 28th until March 21st or so. Horses staying at Jumping Branch and humans at a B&B. WOuld love a COTH get-together as I always seem to miss the Rolex ones!
gl

Laddy Boy
Jan. 20, 2010, 06:12 PM
Would love to meet up with everyone!

not again
Jan. 20, 2010, 07:29 PM
My horse gets to go, :) but I have to stay home and man the farm!:no:

Kairoshorses
Jan. 20, 2010, 07:39 PM
Y'all, PLEASE do this again in a year or two when I have a sabbatical...!!

Tasker
Jan. 20, 2010, 08:41 PM
*waves hand excitedly*

I'm going with Kitty in just 11 more days to train with Sally! :) If there was a dancing icon, I'd use it! We're doing Sporting Days and then Full Gallop, then shipping home for a bit, doing the Ryan Wood clinic and then shipping back down for more competitions in early March. If all goes according to plan, we'll move up to Training in March and do Pine Top at the end of the month and then compete up here in Area II for the rest of the season. Now I do have my eye on moving up to Prelim, but that is going to depend on lots of variables - mostly how quickly I can shed my DQ inhibitions. :winkgrin:

Oh and I am not again's stallion's chauffeur at the beginning of Feb and end of March. He's going to be with Ryan at Phillip's. Lucky boy that he is!

hoofpix
Jan. 20, 2010, 09:22 PM
I'm always ready for drinks and sociability:)
I sent a spy around to the farm we're renting and it turns out, it is a real party house-huge insides and ginormouse porch so come on over. Em and I get there Sunday next (31st), the rest of the gang falling in throughout the week. Come on over!

... to keep an eye on Pol & Em!! My Big Pony Irish will be stabling at their farm with the rest of the BEventing crowd. I will be riding and photographing into mid-April and look forward to seeing many of my northern friends in Aiken too!

CookiePony
Jan. 20, 2010, 09:25 PM
Yay! We'll have a nice group. We can all bring food and drink and descend on poor Pol and Emstah one evening, TBD. I will send a PM to everyone who's posted as it gets closer, so we can pick a time.

CookiePony
Jan. 20, 2010, 09:26 PM
... to keep an eye on Pol & Em!! My Big Pony Irish will be stabling at their farm with the rest of the BEventing crowd. I will be riding and photographing into mid-April and look forward to seeing many of my northern friends in Aiken too!

Oh, good-- I miss your pics now that I have moved south! You took one of me at Groton House in 2004 that is one of my favorites.

RiverBendPol
Jan. 20, 2010, 11:39 PM
Oh, good-- I miss your pics now that I have moved south! You took one of me at Groton House in 2004 that is one of my favorites.

Pam's pix are as good as they get. Even better. Except on Monday nights. :winkgrin:

devcubber
Jan. 21, 2010, 12:11 AM
I love Aiken, and I love Jumping Branch. That's where I stay when I go too, cause Julie's a very good friend! I'm in school now so I don't get to go until.....who knows? I am so jealous of everyone (in a good way)...please give my best to Aiken and everyone have fun and be safe!!!

Mariequi
Jan. 21, 2010, 01:07 PM
So can't wait to see y'all. Contact me if you need a local number for something.

ottb
Jan. 21, 2010, 02:21 PM
:yes:Will be there the 1st 1/2 of Feb - showing at both mid-week shows at full gallop and weekend at sporting days. Staying with Nat and Sally - thought I may have worn my welcome out last year, but they allowed me back.:lol: would be delighted to meet other CoTHers at HH, etc.

wookie
Jan. 21, 2010, 04:32 PM
heading down feb 8th through march 3 with just my ottb instead of my big guy. staying at full gallop as usual. training with mogie and sally. doing my new guys first recognized bn at paradise. can you believe i am nervous about it? would love to get together with cothers down there. my friend known as putter will be there too.

hoofpix
Jan. 21, 2010, 07:15 PM
What fun! its always great to see so many of my Area 1 clients & friends in Aiken. If you see me... please come up & say hi as I may not recognize the face :-)

I ride with Babette Lenna and her BEventing group so will be following them to most of the events to "document" their activities, or hopefully competing Irish myself in March. Can't wait!!

CookiePony
Feb. 18, 2010, 11:24 PM
I just sent a PM to the early March people about the Party at Pol's. :cool:

In the meantime, if you are in Aiken and are available next weekend (Feb 26-28), Pine Top needs volunteers for the Advanced HT. I'll be there-- anyone else?

Ruperman
Feb. 19, 2010, 12:24 AM
I'll be there grooming! When I find out ride times I will be able to figure out when I can volunteer. Can't wait! I love Pine Top :) In the meantime, my first outing is tomorrow at Paradise. Woohooo!!!!!

RiverBendPol
Feb. 19, 2010, 08:17 AM
Children, check your PMs:winkgrin:

LuckyStar
Feb. 19, 2010, 10:13 AM
Most of our barn is already there... but I am patiently waiting out the last week until Aiken trip!

RiverBendPol
Mar. 9, 2010, 09:30 AM
OK, Kids........party time. Cookie Pony, check your PMs :winkgrin::lol::cool:

RiverBendPol
Mar. 9, 2010, 11:51 AM
Hey, where is everyone? Just bc it is 70 and sunny doesn't mean you should be outside! I WANNA KNOW WHO'S COMING HERE.:winkgrin:

CookiePony
Mar. 9, 2010, 02:03 PM
I got it! It looks like just a few lucky COTHers are actually in town and able to come tonight-- Mariequi, clivers, and me. Maybe LAZ, if she got my message in time! We will have a lovely evening. :)

annikak
Mar. 9, 2010, 02:40 PM
Color me green (not because it's coming up on the 17th, either!)
Enjoy!

bornfreenowexpensive
Mar. 9, 2010, 05:54 PM
VERY bummed to be missing out! I'm heading down this weekend....so not prepared. Haven't packed yet for me or horses....ugh. But excited to see my boy who has been down there with his favorite rider. Poor horse will have to adjust back to my riding soon. And excited to NOT see snow!

Enjoy yourselves!!!

RiverBendPol
Mar. 10, 2010, 09:29 AM
Hey. Sent you a PM today, your box is too full to retrieve it. Better go have a clean-out.:winkgrin:

Mariequi
Mar. 10, 2010, 03:17 PM
Sorry. Cleaned out my PM's! Thanks!

Wanna try again? So sorry to have missed last night. Hope we can get together.

CookiePony
Mar. 10, 2010, 03:33 PM
No clivers or Marie, but Pol, Emstah, hoofpix, and Co. were great company! It was great catching up, Pol. :yes:

RunForIt
Mar. 10, 2010, 05:28 PM
I got it! It looks like just a few lucky COTHers are actually in town and able to come tonight-- Mariequi, clivers, and me. Maybe LAZ, if she got my message in time! We will have a lovely evening. :)

I am there in spirit...or someone can put a small tree onto their heads...CP has seen the "real thing" and can direst the ensemble...:lol: -and I can have a stand-in at all costs: HAVE FUN!!!! :cool:

CookiePony
Mar. 10, 2010, 08:45 PM
RFI-- so that means you will not make it this weekend either?

Everybody else: do you know whether the training sessions have been moved to the rain location for tomorrow? I am assuming so...

RiverBendPol
Mar. 10, 2010, 08:51 PM

Everybody else: do you know whether the training sessions have been moved to the rain location for tomorrow? I am assuming so...

CP, WHERE is the rain location? Brown stone gate posts? Buckleigh? Do tell.

CrzyCorgi
Mar. 10, 2010, 10:58 PM
I have just moved to Aiken, am horseless and never evented but love to watch and I commend all of you that do! I am too much of a chicken for the cross country LOL. You guys are some Very talented riders and horses! Maybe I will run into some of you at some point!

RunForIt
Mar. 11, 2010, 05:59 AM

Coming over to Aiken Saturday and sunday TOTALLY depends on the weather here as well as there...:cool:

CookiePony
Mar. 11, 2010, 07:40 AM
CP, WHERE is the rain location? Brown stone gate posts? Buckleigh? Do tell.

According to the flier it is Black Forest Equestrian Center, 4343 Banks Mill Rd. Maybe see you there?

CookiePony
Mar. 11, 2010, 07:40 AM
Coming over to Aiken Saturday and sunday TOTALLY depends on the weather here as well as there...:cool:

They are now predicting mostly sunny...

RiverBendPol
Mar. 11, 2010, 09:31 AM
I have just moved to Aiken, am horseless and never evented but love to watch and I commend all of you that do! I am too much of a chicken for the cross country LOL. You guys are some Very talented riders and horses! Maybe I will run into some of you at some point!

Full Gallop is running a big event this weekend and they are desperate for volunteers. No experience necessary. Sign up, you'll be guaranteed a great day and a delicious lunch!!

RiverBendPol
Mar. 11, 2010, 09:35 AM
According to the flier it is Black Forest Equestrian Center, 4343 Banks Mill Rd. Maybe see you there?

Yep- that's the stone gate post place. Quite a stunning facil...worth the trip! We may swing thru, many to ride today, between downpours! Jumping with Boyd tomorrow. Aiken sure is action packed. :cool:

CrzyCorgi
Mar. 11, 2010, 07:55 PM
Full Gallop is running a big event this weekend and they are desperate for volunteers. No experience necessary. Sign up, you'll be guaranteed a great day and a delicious lunch!!

Oh man Pol!! I would LOVE to but I have previous obligations, I promised a friend I would stay with her this weekend and help her with her mares-in-waiting (to foal lol) Darn it all, wish it was a different weekend, I would soooo be there!! :(

It would be great a great way to get acquainted with everyone since I know hardly anyone in the area. Like I said I don't event but LOVE to watch!!

If you know of any others in the future please let me know! I would def be interested!!

Flipper
Mar. 11, 2010, 08:48 PM
Hubby & I are escaping the post-winter-pre-spring mud/snow blahs for the weekend & checking out the horse scene down there this weekend. We'll be at FG cheering you guys on!

Mariequi
Mar. 11, 2010, 09:10 PM
Black Forest was where I was going to go if I needed to board, which I don't! I'm permanent and 10 miles from where Hwy 1 meets I-20 exit 22, but towards Monetta not Aiken. I'd love to meet everybody. Hope to go to training session Friday and be at FG Sat. and Sun. CrzyCorgi, you're welcome to get your horse fix here as well!

CrzyCorgi
Mar. 11, 2010, 09:14 PM
CrzyCorgi, you're welcome to get your horse fix here as well!

Thanks Mariequi! I clicked on the link in your sig, your horse is beautiful!