PDA

View Full Version : Can I get a little help with my Sporting Days entry? I'm swamped!!!

clivers
Jan. 19, 2010, 06:34 PM
Hi guys,

I found out today (opening day!!!!) that I'm competing at Sporting Days in Aiken in March...and I'd better enter asap.

At the moment I have a two year old (human variety) tearing through my purse in search of credit cards or purse-candy, a cat threatening to pee on my rug, a dog who hasn't been out since this morning and seven horses pacing the fence line demanding dinner/turn-in, and I just got home from the most brutal day with super sick, super draining patients.

Can anyone simplify the entry process for me? Pretty please? What memberships do I need prior? Can I join online and get a number right away?

Can I enter SD online? Fax? Mail only?

I'm deciding between N or T - anyone have any comments on the courses? Horse and I haven't competed together before and I haven't gone above N in 10 years (*sniff*). Horse has done prelim and is perfect.

A MILLION THANKYOUS!!!

Gabby

hldyrhrses
Jan. 19, 2010, 06:48 PM
you will need membership to USEA only for a horse trials at novice or training. you do not need a membership to usea if going BN, but need to pay $25 more.

To make entering very easy... go to evententries.com. Enter your information ONCE- And every time you want to do an event, you just go there pick the event and it puts everything in for you. ... you just print and sign!

bornfreenowexpensive
Jan. 19, 2010, 06:50 PM
easiest way to enter online is through here

http://www.evententries.com/

very easy. Can't help you on the memberships but I think you need to be a USEA member and not sure but you horse may need a USEA membership number. Both are easy to get online here

http://www.useventing.com/start.php

I think the novice and training courses are pretty straight forward...but if you are stressed about going training and it is your first event of the season...just go novice. If you will have gotten out a time or two, you should be fine at training.

clivers
Jan. 19, 2010, 06:57 PM
Thanks guys!!! Can you feel the love?!!! :) <3

bornfreenowexpensive
Jan. 19, 2010, 07:02 PM
Thanks guys!!! Can you feel the love?!!! :) <3

loads of it:D If your horse has evented prelim...he should already have a USEA number. Once you join the USEA (if not already a member), just look it up. If you haven't changed his ownership/rider info, you should. I'm pretty sure that the horse USEA numbers are for life.

If you move up to Prelim....you need to do the USEF (both you and your horse...and that is typically an annual thing unless you fork over more money for a life membership).

RunForIt
Jan. 19, 2010, 07:48 PM
Only here to say have lots of fun since you've already got lots of help! Plus, I watched your pony's video - he's soooo cute! Will make sure to find you if I'm in Aiken that event and cheer,,,,:cool:

Jazzy Lady
Jan. 19, 2010, 07:57 PM
Hey, if you have your Canadian memberships, you don't need to get US ones. The only reason you would get USEA is if you were going to try to get points or qualify for the AEC's. Otherwise, just use your canadian numbers.

EC = USEF
CE = USEA
OHTA = something... but I'd have to look at a form.

If you can enter sporting days with evententries.com do that. So much easier. You can put in your canadian numbers into it and they put everything where it should go.

Maybe just go novice your first time out and just have fun and get to know your perfect pony. Then you can be more relaxed. If you feel 100% confident going training on perfect pony, then go training :) Either way, have fun!

bornfreenowexpensive
Jan. 19, 2010, 08:03 PM
Good point Jazzy...didn't realize Clivers was from Canada. No need for USEA numbers in addition to the Canadian memberships!

clivers
Jan. 20, 2010, 07:29 AM
OOps - just joined the USEA anyway! I guess I'd better go to the AEC's now (lol)!!

Thanks for all your help guys! Jazzy - I entered the Novice - would prefer to feel underfaced at our first HT together ;)

Runforit - Would love to meet you and cheer you on too!!

Cody
Jan. 20, 2010, 09:26 AM
I agree with what everyone else has told you. EventEntries is definitely the way to go to make it easy to enter. PLUS you can send in a copy of your signature page and your current coggins and they will 'attach' that to your account so that when the show secretary downloads your entry, she'll also have your signature page and coggins info. So you won't have to send in anything! That truly makes your life easy!

Nancy

GotSpots
Jan. 20, 2010, 09:36 AM
Clivers - your boy already has a USEA number for sure and I believe a USEF number as well. We're looking forward to seeing him again!

clivers
Jan. 20, 2010, 12:17 PM
GotSpots - Cupid will be so happy to see some familiar faces, and I can't wait to meet you guys!!!

fanfayre
Jan. 20, 2010, 12:27 PM
OMG that is sooo cool!!!
I entered my name into it just for kicks and giggles, even though it will be many years before I'll need it :lol::lol:, since my AFR baby's not yet 2!! (now I've probably jinxed myself and I'll never get down there...)
But maybe if my ISH guy doesn't sell I'll have to pop down for a few events to show the world just how awesome he really is:D, and I'll be ready!
We need that up here!!!!! Imagine how much easier it will be for our poor overworked secretaries like Janette in ON and Mary over here in BC if we had this system.

clivers
Jan. 20, 2010, 01:01 PM
OMG that is sooo cool!!!
I entered my name into it just for kicks and giggles, even though it will be many years before I'll need it :lol::lol:, since my AFR baby's not yet 2!! (now I've probably jinxed myself and I'll never get down there...)
But maybe if my ISH guy doesn't sell I'll have to pop down for a few events to show the world just how awesome he really is:D, and I'll be ready!
We need that up here!!!!! Imagine how much easier it will be for our poor overworked secretaries like Janette in ON and Mary over here in BC if we had this system.

I know - I was talking to my computer-geek husband about it last night. I so WISH we had evententries.ca or something up here!!

fanfayre
Jan. 20, 2010, 03:29 PM
Your sig reminds me- I need to join your clique!!
Vida gets told on a regular basis what all her older brothers are doing and what she'l get to do soon, too.

mindalter
Jan. 20, 2010, 05:55 PM
Um, really? I was going to ignore this post but I just can't. This is ridiculous!!!! You're too busy to figure out what you need to do on your own, but not too busy to repeatedly sign on to Coth to have other people figure it out for you?!!!!! LOL!

Better yet, this is classic example of the Coth double standards. There will be legitimate, useful threads that get one answer and then there's this thread. The eventing forum ruling class reamed someone for asking what the 2010 rule changes are instead of reading the rulebook. I guess asking people to figure out your entry form because you're too busy is just fine though.

P.S. You better believe I used an alter because I've been on Coth long enough to know you don't dare speak against a chosen one. :winkgrin:

clivers
Jan. 20, 2010, 06:18 PM
Seriously? did I just get promoted to "chosen one?" Cool!!

Sorry the thread wasn't educational enough for you - but it was quite helpful for me as I didn't know about evententries.com! Yes, posting the question and getting pointed in the right direction WAS a big time saver!!!

RunForIt
Jan. 20, 2010, 06:22 PM
Clivers, IGNORE>>>:lol:

fanfayre
Jan. 20, 2010, 06:30 PM
Clivers;
You should tell your coach that he REALLY needs a young one to take down south with you, and I've got just the one for him!!!:D:lol::winkgrin:;) All ready to go, just needs to be shipped:)
Not an AFR baby, but he is an ISH...

clivers
Jan. 21, 2010, 06:33 AM
I will pass on the message ;) I wish I had a 4h trailer now!!

Fred
Jan. 21, 2010, 07:25 AM
Only here to say have lots of fun since you've already got lots of help! Plus, I watched your pony's video - he's soooo cute! Will make sure to find you if I'm in Aiken that event and cheer,,,,:cool:

I wish I could get down there to cheer you (and RunForIt !!) on too, Clivers.
It will be great for you and Cupid to catch up with GotSpots and Allison.
Have fun!!

fanfayre :)