PDA

View Full Version : Differences between Beval saddles....

irishequestrian29
Jan. 18, 2010, 09:18 PM
ok im purchasing a saddle, and it was between a nice used saddle or a newer lower priced one. I just today rode in a Beval Natural and i LOVE the seat and everything about it. [edit]. this is the only kind of Beval ive ridden in, . So, are all the bevals similiar in the way they built, like flatter seat? nice leather? cause they have a couple new ones in my price range. thanks in advance! :D

Linny
Jan. 18, 2010, 10:02 PM
Naturals are made in flat and deep seats. I have two. The older one is deep and has knee blocks. The newer one is flat without blocks. I honestly like the older one better. I'm told that the leather they are using now is not as nice as the older ones. The leather on my new one is nice but I LOVE the broken in "mushiness" of the older one.

[edit] Did you look on their site? Beval has a nice used saddle department.

BTW, this board doesn't allow advertising either for sale or "items wanted." You may want to adjust your final sentence.

irishequestrian29
Jan. 18, 2010, 10:07 PM
ok thnx for that, and yes i did look on their used saddle website. im just hoping ill get lucky and one will pop up on ebay or somthing, blah, this saddle business can be exhausting lol!

SmileItLooksGoodOnYou
Jan. 19, 2010, 02:31 AM
All beval models are different. Beval distributes saddles made by other companies. They sell saddles that are made in England such as the World Cup and France such as the Butet, and probably quite a few other places as well.

If you like the Natural, get one. And if you want to consider other saddles that Beval has try before you buy.

I just recently bought an old Beval Devon as a second saddle for use at school, but a Devon is not terribly like a Natural.

sixpoundfarm
Jan. 19, 2010, 06:09 AM
I have a Gladstone, and I think its pretty nice. The leather is nice, its very tacky, it seems to be well made, and I find it comfortable to ride in.

Jersey Fresh
Jan. 19, 2010, 06:43 AM
I got my Natural through tack trader. Love it! My vote it watch ebay, tacktrader.com, craigslist, and all the used saddle websites (including beval, allthebestusedsaddles.com I think).

FYI [edit] they only come in whole sizes.

suniday
Jan. 19, 2010, 07:38 AM
As mentioned, the Natural comes in two seat types - flat and deep. The deep seat has a narrower twist than the flat. Also, there are now two types of Natural saddles.

While the Natural only comes in whole sizes, be forewarned that it runs big. I originally bought a 17" as I normally use a 16.5" seat and ended up selling it a few years ago to purchase a 16" that really fits me much better.

If you can, have Beval do the conditioning on your saddle, especially if you buy new. It will come with 1/2 the breaking in process finished!

I really love my Beval Natural.

Moderator 1
Jan. 19, 2010, 09:42 AM
Hi there ~

We removed some of the specifics from the OP and subsequent posts, and tweaked the thread title, to comply with the site's no-advertising policy.

Thanks!
Mod 1