View Full Version : Trail Riding Resource for Maryland (and Vicinity)

Jan. 18, 2010, 01:50 AM
Okay.....So I am sitting here late on a Sunday night (well Monday morning) and I can't fall asleep. I am definately going to pay for this tomorrow at work! Anyway I have decided that one of my riding goals for 2010 is to go to a bunch of "new to me" trail riding places in Maryland (or maybe some of the surrounding states). I have started to gather information but started to realize that it was scattered among a lot of different resouces. In addition I want information from the horse people who actually ride at the different parks that can provide practical and honest information. So I started to go crazy by creating a group on Facebook....

So, if you are a member of Facebook and are interested in providing information (or gaining information) please join the group titled " Trail Riding with your Horse in Maryland! ". I have an outline set-up that will hopefully be beneficial but, for now, there is not much "guts" to the page...yet. That's where I need people's help if you are willing to share it.

Let me know what you think...or if maybe something similar exists somewhere that I don't know about!

Jan. 18, 2010, 02:53 PM
Hi Karen! Thanks for the FB invite to the group. I joined! FYI there are also these Yahoo groups where folks share info about trails and trail riding. I'm not on them too much but some of them are pretty active.

Eastcoasttrailriders is brand new and there's a bunch of folks on there now talking about trails. I know some are more in your area than mine.

We need to ride together again this spring! Hope you're doing well!

Jan. 18, 2010, 03:17 PM

Thanks for the info! I am already a member of two of the Yahoo groups but not the others. I will definately look into those and probably join them too :)

My main purpose of the group on Facebook is to get information in, more or less, one spot and categorized in some way that all available information on one trail system is grouped together instead of spread out over pages. I may not be realistic in achieving that but I am giving it a try anyway. As you know I mainly know the trails north of Baltimore so I am hoping others can provide some information on the others so maybe I can expand my horizons a bit. And if I am active in the group maybe I can actually accomplish my riding goals of seeing different parks this year (as long as my mare stays healthy!).

Oh....and another goal I have in 2010 is to do a couple overnighters with my horse. For some reason I think I may be headed down the Virginia way. We will see...

Jan. 19, 2010, 02:42 PM

Keep tuned in to this message board. I know that VAApHC is having its JPR on 26 June at Tom (?) Seay's place and they have horse camping there.

The following is also a nice resource:

Jan. 20, 2010, 01:55 PM
Thanks Kathy...I saw that file/link a couple years ago and forgot all about it. It does contain quite a bit of useful information!