PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!! Help Plz LOLz ROFLMAOz WTF FMLz!!!!

SarahandSam
Jan. 17, 2010, 10:14 PM
My barn is filled with, like, normal responsible adults! I own my horse outright and he has, like, hay, grain, water and a clean stall! My trainer is, like, reasonable and bringing us along at a freakin' logical pace, and OMG, I am still jumping no higher than, like, 18" until I can learn to keep my darn heels down in the landing!

...Sorry, I just felt like I am no longer fitting in with the current posting trends and that my equestrian life clearly needed some more drama, and I hoped a lot of exclamation points would make me feel fulfilled.

blackcat95
Jan. 17, 2010, 10:19 PM
I think I would be glad that you like, have normal, resonsible adults at your barn, a like, good trainer and, like a good horse. GOSH!! :winkgrin:

Actually, that's quite fun. Perhaps everyone who posts here must write in nonnormal english language skills. (I meant LIKE normal english, like skills). :D

SarahandSam
Jan. 17, 2010, 10:22 PM
i tch hi skl nglsh *n* kn thr4 dcifr txt-spk, bt aftr awile mi hed xplodes...

Timex
Jan. 17, 2010, 10:27 PM
I won't even pretend to understand that last post. Lol. I guess that at 30 yrs old, I'm just too old to understand! Lol My 5 year old still thinks I'm cool though. Lol!!

blackcat95
Jan. 17, 2010, 10:29 PM
Wow. I pity you. I'm a texting teen and I can barely decipher that... maybe they're right and my generation really IS ruining the English language. Scary!!!! :eek:

mvp
Jan. 17, 2010, 10:35 PM
If this thread is in response to the "discourse"/ traded b!tch-slaps between EqStar and Happyhorsez, be sure not to get in their way.

I haven't had a chance to see how modern girl fights are conducted and I'm enjoying my ring-side seat.

blackcat95
Jan. 17, 2010, 10:40 PM
If this thread is in response to the "discourse"/ traded b!tch-slaps between EqStar and Happyhorsez, be sure not to get in their way.

I haven't had a chance to see how modern girl fights are conducted and I'm enjoying my ring-side seat.

Erm... generally we either yell or... yep, post nasty things on public forums !!! YAY! No really. It's usually facebook where the nasty things happen. Happily, I have avoided the FB plague so I generally conduct my fights in the normal fashion. :D:cool:

I am also enjoying my ringside seat... It's almost better than all-girls school drama!

BigEq
Jan. 17, 2010, 10:44 PM

Is it sad that I know what that says? :lol:

Brooke
Jan. 17, 2010, 10:45 PM
SarahandSam: im a tchr 2 n sdly kn ndrstnd evrythn u sed.

alteringwego
Jan. 17, 2010, 10:46 PM
oh SarahandSam you brought a smile to my face with this post. Especially the most recent one- I'll translate :
"I teach high school english and can therefore, decipher text-speak but after a while my head explodes"

and Sarah...
i tch hi skl scinc so i kn dcifr 2

SarahandSam
Jan. 17, 2010, 10:47 PM
My school just hasn't had enough good girl fights lately, the kind where it ends with bits of weave/scalp and earrings all over the hall floor. Maybe I'm just getting nostalgic in my old age and trying to recapture those first heady, action-packed days of my teaching career, all five years ago. d;

MVP, I like that you referred to it as a "discourse..."

Even all the kids and teens at my lesson barn are responsible, reasonable and nice! Clearly I need to start barn shopping so I can get more drama...

blackcat95
Jan. 17, 2010, 10:47 PM
wll im a tnage grl hu txts n i cnt evn tip lk ths. i cn brly undrstnd mslf. hw s ths ezr thn nrml englsh?

SarahandSam
Jan. 17, 2010, 10:48 PM
LOLz to mah fello tchr-peepz! Wrd...

SarahandSam
Jan. 17, 2010, 10:49 PM
wll im a tnage grl hu txts n i cnt evn tip lk ths. i cn brly undrstnd mslf. hw s ths ezr thn nrml englsh?

See, that's what I never understand; half the words I see my students come up with actually contain more letters than the English equivalent!

blackcat95
Jan. 17, 2010, 10:54 PM
See, that's what I never understand; half the words I see my students come up with actually contain more letters than the English equivalent!

I think it's a secret cult that is trying to bring English back to phonetic hieroglyphs, mere shells of real words, like the Egyptians, except without pictures. A perfectly logical explanation... :yes:

merrygoround
Jan. 17, 2010, 10:58 PM

Oh dear , I'm a septuagenarian and can decipher that! Am I in trouble? or just inventive/ :lol: :lol:

And yes! There is a distinct change in the quality of the posts----or am I just old and jaded. :rolleyes:

hollynanne
Jan. 17, 2010, 11:00 PM
*picking up brain bits off the floor...*
ouch...
;)

blackcat95
Jan. 17, 2010, 11:04 PM
Oh dear , I'm a septuagenarian and can decipher that! Am I in trouble? or just inventive/ :lol: :lol:

And yes! There is a distinct change in the quality of the posts----or am I just old and jaded. :rolleyes:

No, you're very inventive. It's a good thing that you can still speak normal English and read that. ;)

It's not just the post quality here- it's everywhere. I read over some of my friends essays to edit them, and I just stare at the writing quality. It's HORRIBLE. Maybe I'm a future English teacher... or maybe it's just because I read a lot and actually know what proper sentence structure is. :no:

scribbles
Jan. 17, 2010, 11:07 PM
i used to write in text speech then i got a phone with a full keyboard and now i dont anymore, its just as fast to type out the real words, and not as much risk for confusion...

Brooke
Jan. 17, 2010, 11:26 PM
I think it's a secret cult that is trying to bring English back to phonetic hieroglyphs, mere shells of real words, like the Egyptians, except without pictures. A perfectly logical explanation... :yes:

ooo - I like pictures. Let's do pictures

Blackberry Farm
Jan. 17, 2010, 11:33 PM
Good laugh! Thanks. BTW, I teach elementary school, so I'me lik not a goode text writter ;) Loff the barnb+#ch spinoff LOL!!! Gotta go! I'm bidding on a new prospect on Ebay! :)

klmck63
Jan. 17, 2010, 11:49 PM
Oh dear. As an educated and literate teenage girl, I'm pretty embarrassed to admit I completely understood the text-speak.

On the other hand, having gone to a moderately drama-free high-school, I'm enjoying my ring-side seat too.

On the other other hand, things like this are tarnishing my generation and I wish the (very) vocal minority would quiet down.

ex-racer owner
Jan. 17, 2010, 11:50 PM
Back when I participated in a few catfights, we did it old school style. I guess the girls today are too lazy to actually exert themselves physically, so they post online in barely literate terms? How positively passive-aggressive, YAY!

SarahandSam
Jan. 17, 2010, 11:59 PM
Good laugh! Thanks. BTW, I teach elementary school, so I'me lik not a goode text writter ;) Loff the barnb+#ch spinoff LOL!!! Gotta go! I'm bidding on a new prospect on Ebay! :)

Good luck! Make sure it's an ungelded, "could be registered in the Sorrel Horse of America registry" colt--but one that has been ridden since 6 months, by unhelmeted children--so that you can breed it, thereby perpetuating the drama! Also be sure not to look at conformation pics or get a PPE, and definitely no contract, and try to do all your business dealings regarding the horse with a middle-aged woman dragging a carrot stick, talking about Li'l Pookums future promise in halter/Olympic jumping/dressage/trail/reining, whilst mending the barbed wire that her pesky double-homozygous rare ovarian stud broke through again, and who gives off a faint whiff of unhingedness. That will guarantee at least a year's worth of future popcorn threads. I've only got a few more episodes of "Jersey Shore" to enjoy, give me something to look forward to. (:

dani0303
Jan. 18, 2010, 12:18 AM
Back when I was in high school (5 years ago :lol: ), we abbreviated text messages, which were a new thing!, with things like "u" "r" and "cya". I can even being to decipher that language now.

And when we got mad at other barn girls, we just yelled at each other ;)

Blackberry Farm
Jan. 18, 2010, 12:20 AM
That horse wuz mine! Some total wannabe just outbid me on a projec that Was mine. 16.5 hands gelding bred to this awesome dressage stallion from Thailand! She's like all collected in the video and jumping like 5 feet. She's barefoot trimmed and all. I'm gonna email them an see if they'll sell her to me. I'm the pro. Peace out Sarah. (Ooops that might have given away my age ; I better stop this mockery before people think I'm a third, or second ummm rogue poster. )

Blackberry Farm
Jan. 18, 2010, 12:29 AM
Just thinking there could be a TV show here! Off to bed, but wonder what will show up on COTH BB later! Maybe it'll just be a dream. Whew!

CenterStage123
Jan. 18, 2010, 12:35 AM
Whew.. I'm a teenager too and I also had trouble deciphering what youguys were writing:lol: Those fights are pretty comical.

I'm actually starting to think it's the same person. Who just happens to be very very bored. For reference look on the jumping position thread EqStar started... she pretty much gives herself away because the other poster chimes in and says "thanks for the help" (or something like that). Ahh... gotta love COTH!:lol:

lostinAusten
Jan. 18, 2010, 01:05 AM
While I'm relatively new and don't post too often, I've just got to say - you guys are fun!!

Void
Jan. 18, 2010, 03:35 AM
ZOMG Best Thread EVAR!

Wut?

SarahandSam
Jan. 18, 2010, 11:05 AM
That horse wuz mine! Some total wannabe just outbid me on a projec that Was mine. 16.5 hands gelding bred to this awesome dressage stallion from Thailand! She's like all collected in the video and jumping like 5 feet. She's barefoot trimmed and all. I'm gonna email them an see if they'll sell her to me. I'm the pro.

No worriez, therez a really gr8 Friesian on Craigslist for only $3000, he's a former Olympian and she's had three beautiful babies that are Andalusian, Gypsy Drum and Thoroughbred, respectively, and his name is George! I guess the owner must live out of the country though, because it's all being handled through an agent/shipper in Europe...

ParadoxFarm
Jan. 18, 2010, 11:13 AM
We hosted a couple of exchange students. One from Italy, and one from
Argentina. Both 16-year-old girls. Neither spoke English well on arrival. They ended up in honors English and had the best grades in their class. That's so sad. One of the girls took pictures of her class. No less than four students had their heads on their desks sleeping while the teacher read aloud from a book. What's up with that?

blackcat95
Jan. 18, 2010, 11:22 AM
We hosted a couple of exchange students. One from Italy, and one from
Argentina. Both 16-year-old girls. Neither spoke English well on arrival. They ended up in honors English and had the best grades in their class. That's so sad. One of the girls took pictures of her class. No less than four students had their heads on their desks sleeping while the teacher read aloud from a book. What's up with that?

Weeellll... obviously getting up for English class in the morning is too much for today's teens (myself not included). I love English class... too bad we don't have honors English where I am. I'm thinking of showing this thread to my English class for laughs. I think they'd enjoy it. :D

Brooke
Jan. 18, 2010, 11:26 AM
No worriez, therez a really gr8 Friesian on Craigslist for only $3000, he's a former Olympian and she's had three beautiful babies that are Andalusian, Gypsy Drum and Thoroughbred, respectively, and his name is George! I guess the owner must live out of the country though, because it's all being handled through an agent/shipper in Europe...

And darn it all, wouldn't you know, he only has this check for an eensy bit more than your shipping costs, so if you would kindly just send him the difference, all will be well and your horse should arrive from France by train shortly.

sansibar
Jan. 18, 2010, 11:26 AM
OMG!! nuthin pissez me off moore then when peepz who txt me snd me txtz w/ poor grmmaer or splliung it tkaes 2 secs 2 editz ur txt/msg, pls so editz ur freakin msg or txt b4 u snd while wer @ this i shud say that imma teen who livess off ther phone n MSN butt i @least take da tme 2 editz my txtz/msgz also wut is w/ +ing zs to da endz ofz eachz wordz ther not s'z n wut bout run on sentanesc....? Sigh.

Honestly I ignore people who send me text messages or MSN messages that make no sense. I need to share the love that I have for my mac for underlining everything spelt wrong before I send it on COTH or MSN. :)

llsc
Jan. 18, 2010, 11:46 AM
Is it sad that I know what that says? :lol:

I can read it too, but I think it's because I lived in Los Angeles for years and had plenty of practice reading all the personalized licence plates.

blackcat95
Jan. 18, 2010, 11:46 AM
OMG!! nuthin pissez me off moore then when peepz who txt me snd me txtz w/ poor grmmaer or splliung it tkaes 2 secs 2 editz ur txt/msg, pls so editz ur freakin msg or txt b4 u snd while wer @ this i shud say that imma teen who livess off ther phone n MSN butt i @least take da tme 2 editz my txtz/msgz also wut is w/ +ing zs to da endz ofz eachz wordz ther not s'z n wut bout run on sentanesc....? Sigh.

Yep, I really hate my generation sometimes... I wonder about what kind of children are going to come out of this. Perhaps some genetic mutation will be discovered that accounts for this lack of grammar/punctuation/spelling/sentence structure. I think that's the only reason some people are stricken with this and some aren't. That or the Disney Channel and Miley Cyrus... :eek::D

ponyxjd
Jan. 18, 2010, 11:48 AM
I purposely make a point to typing out complete sentences (with punctuation) in texts. Even if I'm in a hurry, I do it. My internet messaging is relaxed, but my typing skills are sound enough that it's not any effort to create legitimate sentences.

And barn drama? I used to be at a very noisy lesson barn where I was the oldest of several teenage/preteen girls. They made fun of me because I "acted like I was 30" because I never wanted to play grab-ass with them. Oops, sorry. Now I'm at a private barn where I'm usually alone, and I have to say it's kind of nice. But there are definitely days where I miss the chaos. Once in awhile.

Moderator 1
Jan. 18, 2010, 11:51 AM
We're in the process of cleaning things up from yesterday's episode. Back to your regularly scheduled programming... ;)

Thanks!
Mod 1