PDA

View Full Version : NoVA Folks - Places near Leesburg to get Annual Trailer Inpection

ytr45
Jan. 17, 2010, 06:53 PM
Its that time of year again, I need my trailer inspection renewed. Are there any gas stations or inspection stations that can do trailers near Leesburg (or Aldie/Sterling/Chantilly, etc). The only place I know is Jeff at the Lenah Gas Station. Anyplace else? THanks!

Onawhim
Jan. 17, 2010, 07:15 PM
Trailer Care, right at Rte 7 and Rte 704. They are great!

tpup
Jan. 17, 2010, 07:58 PM
Ditto - Trailer Care in Hamilton. Great guy - has been SO helpful in my trailer search.

Foxhound
Jan. 17, 2010, 09:47 PM
Trailer Care is okay for an inspection, but if your trailer needs any work, take it to Taylor Boyz in Warrenton. They do much better work.

Rockfish
Jan. 17, 2010, 10:43 PM
Trailer Care is okay for an inspection, but if your trailer needs any work, take it to Taylor Boyz in Warrenton. They do much better work.

Taylor Boyz moved....they used to be right on 29 in New Baltimore, but I'm not sure where they're at now

ytr45
Jan. 18, 2010, 09:11 PM
I was looking for some place closer in to Leesburg than Hamilton or Taylor Boys, since its just for an inspection. Was wondering if some place like that garage in "downtown" Aldie, or some place like that.

SaddleFitterVA
Jan. 18, 2010, 10:01 PM
Taylor Boyz moved....they used to be right on 29 in New Baltimore, but I'm not sure where they're at now

I think they are over off of Meetz...near the fairgrounds. They said it should be much safer for entry and exit than on 29.

Calamber
Jan. 18, 2010, 10:45 PM
Hamilton is about 10 minutes from Leesburg. Don't think any of the garages in Leesburg do trailer inspections unless The Tire Shop does it, might be worth it to check with Greg, they are the next to the Tractor Supply, for that matter, talk to someone who knows something at Tractor Supply, they should certainly know.

SaddleFitterVA
Jan. 18, 2010, 10:49 PM
I bet she knows where her place is in relationship to the other trailer places, I do. I've been there before.

Aldie is closer than Hamilton or Warrenton.

Many of the state inspection centers also do trailers, but the ones that come to mind are in Purcellville...even further than Hamilton.

HighFlyinBey++
Jan. 19, 2010, 06:49 AM
http://www.littlerocktrailersupply.com/

I think I used them when I boarded in Lucketts. At the time, they were just down the road and picked up my trailer to do the inspection and minor wiring repair. I was very pleased with the service.

They've moved to the Morven Park Equestrian Center, front field, off of Tutt Road.

Trakehner
Jan. 19, 2010, 07:01 AM
Little Rock Trailer doesn't do inspections (and the repair shop is in Lucketts next to Tartan Farm).

I use the Trailer Care people in Hamilton, it's really not that far from Leesburg.

There are several trailer inspection places in Leesburg.

The Tire Shop--royal pain, no reservations and a bad attitude. It's first come/first serve, even with a trailer...so you get there crack of dawn and they might get to you.

There's a car dealer on Rt. 7 across from the McDonalds that does trailers. The Goodyear dealer used to do them but the new inspector wants to be able to pull the trailer into the shop to look at it...special.

The Hamilton store is by far the easiest, you can make an appointment and the inspection price is fixed anyway.